• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Planetarium

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is my first version of the planetarium... I used some goza, some gems, some misc items (like bauble) and the great rotating globe :)

F

feath

That is fabulous! But can you hide the base of the globe? Raise some black goza's up to cover it? Maybe use a jewel to cover any bits that might show?

I LOVE the thing!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried to raise goza, but they dont cover well the base and it will looks very bad...

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
difficult to cover edge of a round thing with square edge pieces, yes :(

but I love your planetarium!!

R

RenaLynne

Great idea! Yea too bad nothing can be rounded to cover up base. Still looks awesome tho!

F

feath

I got to thinking about this - lots of stuff with rounded edges. clothing - shirts come to mind. maybe hats? capes? not sure, as i keep losing connection tonight and can't play around looking for stuff. If you can make a grand piano, surely there's something that can be found for this!

sligachan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What a great idea.

I was thinking of extra things that maybe you could add...saturn (planet with rings round it)... comet with tail ... nebula (gas cloud) but dont ask me how to make them lol (Starsmi may know though :D)

Having said that it looks excellent as it is.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hehe you guys are trying too hard! You can actually drop down the base from teh rotating globe by using goza mats raised up (four in a square IIRC), the globe placed, and then you lower one of the mats a couple times to get the drop. I messed around with this idea a year ago on test center but never ended up doing my night sky idea that I was going to put into motion. Was also going to do some of those little wisp statue things for stars.

I might still do it, but just can't really decide how I'd want to work it into a castle or if I'd want to do it in a custom home.

Anyways, once you can get the base dropped down and seperated you can cover it pretty easily. I do not believe you can axe it as that may just chop the whole darn thing. The leftover spinny globe makes a great rotating planet, I wish those suckers were dyable, you could get quite the constellation going!

E

Evilminion

I absolutely love this! :)

Silver faction coins would also make good stars, methinks!