• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Placing question.

• Thread starter Myreuki Tenteki
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
M

Myreuki Tenteki

I am changing shards and am looking around for house spots on the new shard and i ran into a very weird problem. In tokuno, on the tiny islands surrounding the larger islands that are places that are clear enough to be house spots and almost all of them say "housing cannot be created here". I found a spot empty spot on the new shard that house a placed house on the old shard, but every time i try to place it gives me that message ("housing cannot be created here") my question firstly is, wtf, and secondly did the person on old shard use a bug to place it or is something else wrong?

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
when I get that message I generally try to place a 7x7 rather than the size I really want, just to make sure it's the spot and not my poor attempt at placing.... have you tried that?

Desperado_SE

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are some places in the game that are blocked by the Devs for house placement. Some are originally blocked off (think lots of open spaces in Malas), others were made that way after the creation of the area (towns, space around Moonglow moongate and just west of the Britain moongate) for some reason or another, while still others are like DevilsOwn said, sometimes part of the house is jutting into these areas so a smaller place might fit (lots of places around Yew). If I had to guess, I would say that the house on your old shard was probably placed before the changes were made to that island. Although I have also seen where on some shards, placement was allowed in certain spots while on other shards it was not allowed, so it could be that as well.

M

Myreuki Tenteki

Yah i tried placing small ones....i dont get why only like two islands in tokuno are open for houses when there is about 20 places for them and nothing else (i.e. spawns, or resources or tmaps)

thanks everyone =)