• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PK'd again!

• Thread starter Stanton Of Pac
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

Stanton Of Pac

I know I swore I'd never go back to Felucca but my smith had burned through his last 50K iron ingots and I had severl LBODs close to being finished. So my miner recalled over and began chunking ore up a mountainside. Sure as God made little green apples a red name showed up and began stalking me. First he pretended like he was attacking me to see if he could trick me into attacking him - I just said, "Hey, how's it going?" and kept loading ore. Then he got serious and I got the dreaded "Lady Cavendish is attacking you!" message. So my miner did the only thing possible under the circumstances:

"Guards."

"Crack of Thunder!"

"THOU WILL DIE FOR THIS, SCUM!"

"WHACK!"

...and Raymond resumed chunking ore.

I said I came back to Felucca for a little mining. I didn't say I was STUPID.

...though when she (he? it?) attacked I briefly thought, "Ah, s77t! Is there an exploit to avoid getting guardwhacke...<WHACK!>...guess not." I checked the body but there wasn't anything on it but some potions and a hackysack ball (?). Her gear must have been insured. I (helpfully) dumped everything left on the ground so when she came back she couldn't auto-loot her corpse :)

Even more puzzling, 5 minutes later she came back and tried it again, with the same results. "You're the stubborn type, aren't you?" I said to the empty air over Corpse#2. Same procedure: dumped her stuff on the ground, only this time I took the potions and some kind of explosive wine. And her trapped box. My rogue is training Detect Hidden.

Ironically, had I taken her up on her kind offer to dance she might not have enjoyed the experience, either. GM Miner is only his *display* title. He's a 5xGM with mining as a hobby and my ping to the shard is around 22ms. It was probably only a nuisance PK, screwing with me to scare me off Felucca.

Anyway, yeah, there are still twits on Felucca. They must have a high tolerance for boredom.:popcorn:

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try resource gathering on Siege. We could always use more crafters too. Last I checked iron ingots were running 30 gp ea. on Siege...la

F

Fayled Dhreams

Hmmmmm .... .... "PK'd again!" ... :cool:

don't think so ... (funny though)

M

Masumatek

I wonder why guard zones exist in Fel and on Siege. They shouldn't.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awesome!!

I run around felluca quite a lot and rarely see a red...but when i do its a quick hide and twaddle/stealth away into the woods...

Z

Zodiac19

With todays low UO population one would think us older miners would be able to put up a bit of a fight. I had a wannabe try his hand at my miner a little while back. OOPs he found out quite fast that I was not to be triffled with. I did not kill him but sent him scurring back to whence he came. Thats not to say I would give Slim Shady or one of his calibur a go because all I would be is dead, but I am far from defenceless. But one would be kinda silly to attack in a guard zone as well.

R

Revenant2

I wish chars had two seperate skill caps, one that applies to craft skills and one to combat skills.

Then, like in the old days, you could fight like hell while on your so-called 'crafter'.

Landicine

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The guard zones have historically been there, and originally, when Trammel was new, there was the idea that Felucca wouldn't become completely lawless. At this point however, since so few people visit those cities, maybe it is time to consider changing this.

I don't play on Siege, but removing guard zone completely might cause problems for your crafters who already get the short straw with some amount of their templates devoted to noncombat.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To remove the Guard zones would be to revamp the spirit of Fell so severely that it would not longer have ties with its origin.

There was never an intent to have Fell be the Prison World/Shards of Ultima Online.

Prison World in the context of there is no law, there is no order, everything is totally a free for all.

M

Masumatek

The guard zones have historically been there, and originally, when Trammel was new, there was the idea that Felucca wouldn't become completely lawless. At this point however, since so few people visit those cities, maybe it is time to consider changing this.

I don't play on Siege, but removing guard zone completely might cause problems for your crafters who already get the short straw with some amount of their templates devoted to noncombat.
Important npcs can be yellow, to whoever was concerned about npc deaths.

We can keep one or a few guard zones, but I don't see why most of them can't be removed in fel, and especially on Siege. As far as crafters go...I know many might disagree with me, but my thought is, it's Siege. Either 1) The crafters learn to fight and defend themselves. Or 2) They get protection from the guilds they are in or "good guys" who seek to protect the "innocent" crafters...and I think this would be a very good thing. We shouldn't have guard zones on Siege in the name of reducing crafter and new player risk and danger. That's the main number one important aspect of Siege imo...the risk and danger involved...not staying in gz under npc superguard protection.

The other thing I've suggested in the past is to leave the guard zones in, revamp factions, and make everyone choose a faction. That would be good too imo:).

S

Stanton Of Pac

couldnt they just make all NPCs invulnerable?
Then you'd complain that all NPCs were invulnerable. If there were no guardzones then there would be even less traffic to Felucca than there is now. You couldn't go to the bank w/o dying and getting dry-looted. There's an argument to be made for reducing the guardzones to just around the towns themselves but again you're reducing traffic to Felucca and that isn't really an EA/Mythic goal.

Landicine

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One neat thing I'd like to see with factions and guard zones is that the controlling faction could choose the guard zone status (on or off) and maybe what sort of healers spawned (blue healers or priests of mondain) in town. It would give reds a reason to join a faction, and it would give some factions (maybe True Brits) more reason to keep and control towns.