• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PK killing Rikktor Melee

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
I was doing a rikktor spawn and had him down to 1/3 life when someone runs in and kills me while i'm fighting rikktor.

Given, I had both rikktor hitting me and the PK, but I am fairly certain he had some sort of PvP build and gear because he never missed a hit and I'm 120 swords with 45 DCI.

He takes me out and then proceeds to solo rikktor on his own and kills it. I have a full PVM samp template and gear designed to take down rikki and it still isn't easy solo.

How does a PvP melee build manage to solo rikki melee? I'm fairly certain he didn't have necro so how is he healing enough to stay alive. I can see a thrower finishing it off, but he was either fencing or swords and he was definitely alone.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If he was a Fencer, he could've used a Leaf Blade with Feint to reduce incoming damage (if he had Bushido), then used the Fencing Mastery "Pierce" to drop Rikktor (and you) down to 0 Stamina over 30 secs. With enough HML on his wep, he could've been using the Fencing Mastery "Thrust" against Rikktor as well, which acts similarly to Feint in reducing Physical Damage taken (-18% Physical Damage Taken), while also ramping up his own damage dealt (up to +54%).

Last edited:

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
What were you using as weapon?

I have Daisho for the Feint special. Dragon slayer. 100% Cold elemental. Hit life leach. Hit mana leach. Hit harm. Primary special Feint helps reduce incoming damage. Second special double strike does decent damage, assuming you are maintaining mana. Give it a try!

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
I don’t have issues doing it at all and can take rikki down easy with a bladed spear. A pretty standard one, 3 leaches, dragon slayer and all cold and + damage. I keep a 4x bard with peace songs and disco so the only issues for me are if I need to reposition the bard.

I was just curious how a PK could easily handle me and then turn to rikktor solo and take it down. Seems like fencing masteries and feint make sense.

Thanks for mentioning daishos. I never use them and the combo of feint and double strike makes a lot of sense. I had a friend quit and she game me lots of her weaps. I was wondering why she had so many daishos