• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PK Char with Taming possible?

A

Arch Magus

Possible? These templates practically run the shards.

Taming skills + Archery/Tactics, Mage/Eval, Bush/Sword for nervestrike.
Carry bolas and you can pick any skill you want.

Get the player on the ground with a bola or Xbow and they will be destroyed by your Greater Drag.

Cheers.:D

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

For a PvP template, I would suggest...

85 taming & lore (get adv. character token)
120 magery
120 eval
90 necro
100 tactics
100 archery

Use jewels to up the taming and lore to the point you can control a Greater Dragon, or if you want a few more options...a Rune Beetle/Bake Kitsune combo.

You can do some really nasty things with EO/Para + specials on Xbows/bolas...which will tie your opponent up long enough for your pet/pets to make quick work of them.

You are going to hear an infinite amount of whining and you are going to be called a cheater and a gimp and everything else you can imagine...but, you will generally beat most players you encounter if you do things right.

WildWobble

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally i am hopeing mystic's will make good tamers for pvp
Chuck a boulder knock them back for 2 sec cast a Sleep spell with a big nasty pet to chew them up!

but yes pvp and tame seem to work nicely
GD + Bola + EO Para = Rude and nasty way to kill but it gets the job done

A

Arch Magus

For a PvP template, I would suggest...

85 taming & lore (get adv. character token)
120 magery
120 eval
90 necro
100 tactics
100 archery

Use jewels to up the taming and lore to the point you can control a Greater Dragon, or if you want a few more options...a Rune Beetle/Bake Kitsune combo.

You can do some really nasty things with EO/Para + specials on Xbows/bolas...which will tie your opponent up long enough for your pet/pets to make quick work of them.

You are going to hear an infinite amount of whining and you are going to be called a cheater and a gimp and everything else you can imagine...but, you will generally beat most players you encounter if you do things right.
ChEAtEr GiMP HacKEr !!!1!

:hahaha:

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What is that old saying....

Those that can PVP...do

Those that can't PVP...get their pet to PVP for them.

:)

Skrylox

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use

Ninjitsu 120
Hide 100
Stealth 110
Wrestle 120
Tame - 110
Lore 110
Chiv 50

High dex, disarm stun punch bolas death strike because they will run

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use

Ninjitsu 120
Hide 100
Stealth 110
Wrestle 120
Tame - 110
Lore 110
Chiv 50

High dex, disarm stun punch bolas death strike because they will run
You must love the autostable/log out function...because with no vet or even magery for Grt heals I would have your pet grey in real short order.

Skrylox

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You must love the autostable/log out function...because with no vet or even magery for Grt heals I would have your pet grey in real short order.
My pet never goes grey...It is red.

I use chiv/pots with enhanced 50% on myself and if my pet does die which is rare I use my blue tamer to rez it. My Greater is 125.6 magery max str. Nothing like using a smoke bomb stealth/run pet ball. Other people are more then happy to heal my pet

T

Turdnugget

Most tamers using the ninja template use a GD so it still take's awhile to kill it... meanwhile that person can run off, hide, pet summon ball...

Most hardcore PvP tamers don't have vet. I do. I PvM/PvP so I have to have vet.

I do just as well as the hardcore PvP tamers, if not better, in most cases.

Depends on playstyle, if you wanna be more involved in the actually killing, or just all kill and let the pet do all the work.

R

RichDC

If you go swords, you can also get a sword of stampede for dismounts when they dexers come at you (best dismount as they cant remount until theyve healed the pet and it flags on you so you can do some more damage!!!)

T

Turdnugget

Gotta be careful w/no-dachi, if you dismount someone and attack their pet, sucks hardcore if it's a blue pet and turns you grey =)

Even if the person is grey... but the pet doesn't stay grey or whatever... it's happend numerous times, then it's a free for all gank on me.

Y

YuriGaDaisukiDa

Anti Tamer Template

120 music
120 disco
120 peace

add some skills here

you can disco peace a tamed greater dragon

(no all kill doesnt break peace like people say)
i need to do more testing but it seems saying all kill jsut checks peace so they will have to say it like 17 times before their dragon will attack again

anyhting under greater dragon... froget it

coarse peacing 2 bakes would be a bit ahrder than one dragon, but sometimes you can area peace, and the tamer will be taken off guard, which may give you time to kill it

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Actually, the best anti-tamer template I have seen is:

120 Music
120 Disco
120 Peace
100 Hiding
100 Tactics
100 Archery
60 Chiv

Use DCI and HCI jewels, and a slayer bow with high DI and SSI.

When the tamer says "All Kill"...hide before they target you. Pop out, peace pet, shoot tamer. Rinse...repeat...with a great deal of running involved.

Tamers rely on the first strike, if you can survive that part, you can kill a tamer with ease.

K

Kazumi the Wild

Actually, the best anti-tamer template I have seen is:

120 Music
120 Disco
120 Peace
100 Hiding
100 Tactics
100 Archery
60 Chiv

Use DCI and HCI jewels, and a slayer bow with high DI and SSI.

When the tamer says "All Kill"...hide before they target you. Pop out, peace pet, shoot tamer. Rinse...repeat...with a great deal of running involved.

Tamers rely on the first strike, if you can survive that part, you can kill a tamer with ease.
What PvP tamer wouldn't be whispering their commands, unless they run KR?

Y

YuriGaDaisukiDa

What PvP tamer wouldn't be whispering their commands, unless they run KR?
it is not hard to figure out when a pet is attacking you >.>

a good peacemaker wont die to a pet

more than one pets can get tricky though

Skrylox

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I miss the days before the new dragons/pets. I would use 5 fully trained frenzieds invis them all and wait...insta death was funny.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

I miss the days before the new dragons/pets. I would use 5 fully trained frenzieds invis them all and wait...insta death was funny.
I used to do that with my rune beetle before the patch that nerfed them.

It was always so much fun to watch a red run up to me, and then the panic ensued as he realized he was not only lethal poisoned, but had a rune beetle chewing his a$$ up!! I would just sit back, and flamestrike the poor SOB...

...ah...good times.

K

Kazumi the Wild

Thats the second time I've seen Rune Beetles mentioned as having been nerfed...

How were they nerfed? Was their speed reduced, or something?

Y

YuriGaDaisukiDa

first of all, i still use frenzieds, they are as deadly as ever, and take not but 2 seconds to kill a 120 warrior with 70 phys and 45% DCI....

yea they are slow, but if you can stop them for just one second... its over

second of all if you use forest ostards, they do about 50-60 damage a shot, and you dont need to invis them, because people arent exactly going to run from forest ostards (untill its too late)

:scholar:

happy pking!

T

Turdnugget

Pack animals wouldn't be good as a PK as they'd be red and readily available to kill by anyone.

You'll want something with more HPs in case anyone wants to kill your pet w/out killing you first.