• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pirates of the Caribbean Online Forums?

T

Tyr

Anyone found a site that hosts Forums for Pirates of the Caribbean Online?
Disney seems to be to cheap to host a forum for this game. Noticed startics didn`t have a forum either. Not calling Stratics Cheap. Its just disney reminds me of ea.

C

ChewingGumWarrior

is it free? I'm sort of surprised Disney keeps releasing MMOs that seem pretty low budget and aren't marketed heavily. They *are* fantasy worlds... they should be the leading MMO company in the world.

A

al-Maroc

is it free? I'm sort of surprised Disney keeps releasing MMOs that seem pretty low budget and aren't marketed heavily. They *are* fantasy worlds... they should be the leading MMO company in the world.
PotC actually has a TV commercial running. and yep, it's free.

M

Mythic

Yes Potco has a basic membership acces, but you can only gaine weapons to Lvl 7, and the storyline can only be completed up to the first quest lines completion, also you can only purchase the light class ships, your travels and acces is somewhat limited, you recieve 40% less rep on basic.

And yes there are established forums for it but Id rather get me information from stratics, Im currently a Lvl 29 noto, Lvl 15 in all currently available weapons(no staff yet, gotta be noto 30) and 20 in sailing( all natural baby screw you "drive by" folks) There are lots of folks higher level then me that know a bit more about the game, But I can give sound advice to folks starting out.
My only complaint is that they need to upgrade and add more servers, not everyone has 2 gigs of memory and a 400$ video card

the link for the disney sponsered forums is on the POTCO homepage, you just gotta look for it

D

DebiHIS

It is free, but you have limited access.
My first char., Redeemedlily is lvl 32. She is lvl 20 in sailing/grenades, 18 in cannon, and 17 in pistol/dagger/cutlass. I think her doll is lvl 12, she's not into voodoo much, lol.
She got her war frigate yesterday, whoot!
I have a second char. now, Anointed Jack, he is lvl 22. He is still in quest mode, working up his weapons/skills. Is going quicker this time around, since its not the first time, having to find everything, lol. He has a frigate.

drive by?? lol

M

Mythic

Drive By is a term I use for a glitch a lot of folks are using to make themselves invisible and therefor invulnerable to other ships.

D

DebiHIS

Ok I know what you mean, the flagship glitch.
I thot you meant when people sail by, fire at the ship you are pounding on, and keep on going. But when the ship sinks, they get a crate, lol. I have people trying to block me, and take my target too, lol.

M

Mythic

You know, come to think of it, the folks that do"drive bys"or whatever there called pretty much rob themselves of real experiance. I know that when I get bored with UO and need to take a break again Im going to jump into the ship PvP on pirates.

D

DebiHIS

Spanish or the French? Im leaning towards the Spanish side myself, don't want to be one of the Porc people, lol.

M

Mythic

Everyone Ive talked to is going spanish, so Im gonna go with the french side. always down for a challenge