• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Pirates] Pirate Ship Damage?

U

unified

Thanks to TC1 having GL or I may have never taken to the High Seas. :)

Chicken of the Sea, assembled a crew on TC1 and took on a few pirate quests. Each time, it was loads of fun, but our ship was damaged to toast, and there was no damage to the pirate ship. I'm now reading as much of the suggestions here as I can before trying again.

One question I have is whether the bug that caused pirate ships to be invulnerable has been fixed. I didn't see anything mentioned in publish notes from 68.1 forward, unless I missed it.

If these ship can now be damaged, when do their cannons stop firing at you? Does all of the crew have to be dead, or must the pirate also be dead?

Also, I saw a video where the pirate only has a sword, but all the ones we've encounted has a heavy crossbow. What gives?

retrorider

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks to TC1 having GL or I may have never taken to the High Seas. :)

Chicken of the Sea, assembled a crew on TC1 and took on a few pirate quests. Each time, it was loads of fun, but our ship was damaged to toast, and there was no damage to the pirate ship. I'm now reading as much of the suggestions here as I can before trying again.

One question I have is whether the bug that caused pirate ships to be invulnerable has been fixed. I didn't see anything mentioned in publish notes from 68.1 forward, unless I missed it.

If these ship can now be damaged, when do their cannons stop firing at you? Does all of the crew have to be dead, or must the pirate also be dead?

Also, I saw a video where the pirate only has a sword, but all the ones we've encounted has a heavy crossbow. What gives?
I am not sure what GL is on Test Center 1 but I am glad it got you on the High Seas.

I am not sure if all the bugs have been squashed yet but I can tell you that all Ships NEVER stop firing.

The Ship can be scuttled and all the crew dead and it will still fire. It's best to stay behind as you board and loot.

Also, until scuttled all Ships will self navigate and fight with all crew dead.

Yes, Dread Pirates are all archers. In fact, all ships (Merchant ships, Orc Ships and Dread Pirate Ships) are lousy with either archers or Garg throwers.

U

unified

Thanks, retrorider.

This is good information. I was a little confused since I watched a video on YouTube where a pirate ship was taken down. Cursed Eye Heather the Dread Pirate was captured, and all she had was a cutlass. I got excited from watching that video, but all is not lost.

Now it's personal! Those pirates are not going to get away with what they did to me. :gun: