• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) PIRATE CHASE!

DeadBob

Ancient Alien
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
PIRATE CHASE!
Oct 19th, Saturday Morning until ??
Rescue the fair lass Liandra from the clutches of the inept KAOS Pirate, Otero!
The Pirates of Arrr have offered a reward to anyone who scuttles Otero's ship on the High Seas and rescues their Liandra.
Listen on general chat as Liandra tells you, as best she can, where she is.

AHOY MATIES!
Tavern gossip has it that Otero plans to take his captive out for a bit of fresh sea air & a rant this Saturday morning, October 19th.
However, as that senile & drooling old tavern regular, Haf Gangree, puts it, "Otero is a landlubber! The boy doesn't know his hold from an outhouse."
"He's an odd one, all right," agreed Poop of Blackwater. "He was in here the other night blurting out nonsense like, 'Cogito ergo Pirateum.'"
"Aye," chimed in Perilous Pauli, a b-girl known to roll a troll faster than you can say Rumpelstiltskin. "Otero'll be lucky if Liandra doesn't kill him."

S.O.L. (Save Our Liandra)
Join the Chase!
Every seaworthy vessel is needed to track down Otero's ship! Look for a badly painted Orc ship named, "This Side Up."
You can fight him yourself or scream for help. The pirates of Arrr will come to help save their fair lass Liandra!

THE CHASE IS ON!
From Saturday morning until ...??

Last edited:

Norman Bates

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
PIRATE CHASE!
Oct 19th, Saturday Morning until ??
Rescue the fair lass Liandra from the clutches of the inept KAOS Pirate, Otero!
The Pirates of Arrr have offered a reward to anyone who scuttles Otero's ship on the High Seas and rescues their Liandra.
Listen on general chat as Liandra tells you, as best she can, where she is.

AHOY MATIES!
Tavern gossip has it that Otero plans to take his captive out for a bit of fresh sea air & a rant this Saturday morning, October 19th.
However, as that senile & drooling old tavern regular, Haf Gangree, puts it, "Otero is a landlubber! The boy doesn't know his hold from an outhouse."
"He's an odd one, all right," agreed Poop of Blackwater. "He was in here the other night blurting out nonsense like, 'Cogito ergo Pirateum.'"
"Aye," chimed in Perilous Pauli, a b-girl known to roll a troll faster than you can say Rumpelstiltskin. "Otero'll be lucky if Liandra doesn't kill him."

S.O.L. (Save Our Liandra)
Join the Chase!
Every seaworthy vessel is needed to track down Otero's ship! Look for a badly painted Orc ship named, "This Side Up."
You can fight him yourself or scream for help. The pirates of Arrr will come to help save their fair lass Liandra!

THE CHASE IS ON!
Nice to see another fan of Bored of the Rings:]

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
PIRATE CHASE!....as that senile & drooling old tavern regular, Haf Gangree, puts it, "Otero is a landlubber! The boy doesn't know his hold from an outhouse."
"He's an odd one, all right," agreed Poop of Blackwater....
An odd one? Someone named Poop of Blackwater *some serious issues here* has pronounced someone (else) as being somewhat "odd"....?

"Aye," chimed in Perilous Pauli, a b-girl known to roll a troll faster than you can say Rumpelstiltskin.
Perilous Pauli eh? She sounds like someone I'd like to spend some time with.... Guessin' it wouldn't be anything near boring....

THE CHASE IS ON!

Excuse me, Mr DB... But could you be a bit more precise with exactly when this Saturday morning event begins in this world of time zones and "my morning is your afternoon" annoyances ? After all, it does sound a bit like a chase... I'd hate to assume I can log on during MY Saturday morning only to discover that it was actually late afternoon - event wise...

Just sayin.........

;):cool::rolleyes:

Last edited:

Chrysallis

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Excuse me, Mr DB... But could you be a bit more precise with exactly when this Saturday morning event begins in this world of time zones and "my morning is your afternoon" annoyances ? After all, it does sound a bit like a chase... I'd hate to assume I can log on during MY Saturday morning only to discover that it was actually late afternoon - event wise...

Just sayin.........

;):cool::rolleyes:[/quote]

(oocly) DB was not more specific on the time out of respect for moi.....said victim..........since I am two hours earlier than him he graciously decided to let me choose the time so as not to disrupt my personal life........:) However since you asked so prettily I will be ready to start my distress calls (chuckles) at around 10 am MST which would be noon EST. Happy hunting everyone, look forward to seeing whom will be the one to sink his battleship. :pirate:

Chrysallis

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*She had gone to bed early last night, it had been a harrowing day hacking and slashing at the zombie skeletons that seemed to pour from the graveyards in a never ending tide of lurching and swaying bodies. Those zombies moved fast for all their ungainly movements and hit harder than most people. After sustaining a few minor injuries to her personage, as well as her dignity when she was boxed into a corner by them and needed to be assisted by a gargoyle animal caller and his dragon. She had smiled gratefully and bowed as he was given thanks. This particular gargoyle she had seen on numerous occasions and he always joined up with her to fight back the hideously warped images of undead, all modeled into familiar faces of those that roamed these lands.*

*When she arrived at her house aching and weary, she picked up the nearest bottle of liquor and decided to go rest in the hammock on the beach, which always soothed and relaxed her. At first it didn't register that she had picked up a bottle of ale, until half the bottle was gone, and only then did she feel relaxed enough to allow herself to fall into an exhausted slumber. As she succumbed to the effects the alcohol, her parting thought was to ponder why there was a bottle of ale in her house, since she only drank rum.....*

*As if from a dream she felt hands upon her, flipping her onto her stomach like a side of venison and binding her hands together at her back. When the rough rope bit into her wrists she jerked into semi consciousness and exploded like one of the mushrooms on the ground you sometimes didn't see and stepped on, which promptly landed her in the sand, where she lashed out at the legs standing next to her. At some point she thought she may have even bit someone in the calf, and she was quite certain her feet met some very soft parts before they too were secured. Now she was reduced to being a beached fish that flopped around in the sand as she tried to free herself from the bindings, at least until she was grabbed by the hair blindfolded and gagged, the muffled sound of her curses echoed dully against whatever they shoved into her mouth. Then a hand clamped a cloth down over her nose and the sickly sweet smell of something invaded her senses and stole over her until she once again fell back into blackness.*

DeadBob

Ancient Alien
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice to see another fan of Bored of the Rings:]
Yes, Norm :p I loved The Harvard Lampoons' Bored Of The Rings! And I'll never escape it's incredible comedy. Yeh, it is good to see another fan :)
I recommend it to Anyone who has read Lord Of The Rings and has a whacky sense of humor.

OH, and , um, Liandra? Thanks for telling us how you came to be captured. Now, don't get me wrong; we all appreciate the fight you put up, you being drugged & all. But. I have this bill Otero submitted to me for tetanus shots and a broken codpiece. Do I forward that to you or does Arrr have an accountant?

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes, Norm :p I loved The Harvard Lampoons' Bored Of The Rings! And I'll never escape it's incredible comedy. Yeh, it is good to see another fan :)
I recommend it to Anyone who has read Lord Of The Rings and has a whacky sense of humor.

OH, and , um, Liandra? Thanks for telling us how you came to be captured. Now, don't get me wrong; we all appreciate the fight you put up, you being drugged & all. But. I have this bill Otero submitted to me for tetanus shots and a broken codpiece. Do I forward that to you or does Arrr have an accountant?
Sure, our accountants office is in Bucs Den, tell Otero if he isn't there, to hang around until he shows up.

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have Otero meet me at my house, and I'll bring a piece for his little cod...

Spiffykeen

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh noes!!! :eek: We gotta save Liawwndra! If we don't get her rum to her soon, she may take down Otero's ship with her still on it!

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm more afraid for Otero, than I am Liandra. Poor Otero knows not what he has gotten himself into . . .

Chrysallis

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
BOOM BOOM BOOM.....

*with a snarl that curled the corner of her lips into a grimace she cracked one eye open and was promptly rewarded with a dagger of light through her eye ball and straight through her head. A muttered curse echoed in the room and she forced the other eye open only to have another pain rip through her head. Curse turned to groan as she realized the sound she heard was her own heartbeat as it reverberated in her body*
"Holy Hell...."

*She tried to raise her hands to cover the eyes that screamed in agony, only to discover she was bound hand and foot. Bound? Then she remembered. ...all of it. *

"Son of a misbegotten whelp of a sea slug. .."

*With a great deal of effort and pain she managed to roll over and shield her eyes from the light. As she wriggled around another revelation became apparent, she was gritty and covered with a fine layer of sand.To be more precise, she had sand in areas that should NEVER come in contact with sand*

*She swallowed, or attempted to, her tongue felt swollen and she was parched. There was yet another insult added to the indignity she had already experienced as she discovered she had a most urgent need to make water. So not only was she horribly uncomfortable, but her bladder felt about ready to burst.*

*As she gritted her teeth to suppress the urgent need to relieve herself another thought crept into her mind. Someone had dared to abduct her. Now that thought alone incensed her to the point where it drove all other thoughts away. *

"Someone is going to die."

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*shakes head* i really do feel sorry for whoever abducted Liandra, especially considering they messed with her booze . . .

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have the distinct feeling that it is not going to end well for this - "Son of a misbegotten whelp of a sea slug. .."

Dacatge

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Dacatge paces the docks waiting for the first of many message ships coming into the docks of Trinsic. Captain Sureno has been at see since the news of Liandra's kidnapping. The pirates of Arrr have been in an uproar, and have been expending all efforts to find this scallywag Otero. Dacatge scans the horizon and spots the little ship just to the north. Barking orders as the ship pulls to the dock, Dacatge waits for the carrier. As he is handed the scroll by a harried Captain, saying "there was a storm so they were delayed a few hours." Dacatge waves the apology off as he unrolled the scroll.
The scroll reads

Dacatge hope this meets ye well. Me have sailed to the Fish Market in search for any info on this Otero. Ye informants there said dem hear of him but little to give other wise. Ye wouldn't believe but a fisher that eased dropped on my tellings, stopped us as me be leaving port. He be saying that he be runnin into him somwheres north of Moonglow. But he had no idea where he be hide out. We also dont know the size of his crew. I not nessarly worry for Pirate Liandra's safety, but this injustice shall not stand. Just before the eve of the United Pirates of Catskills comes to our fair land and judges our Lymrick turny. Captain Parium will not let this stand and has issued orders for all dem Pirates of Arrr!!! to assemble and hunt this kiddnapper. I will send regular message ships to keep ye informed. Please pass this along to all your connections on land, and issue a bounty on his head. I want this So Called Pirate captured. . . . hell i will even take his head for dem bounty.

Prepare to be Boarded Arrr!!!!!!
Sureno

Dacatge rolls Scroll up and dismisses the messenger. He hurriedly makes his way of the docks to Gate to the Arrr Guild House. He must get this information to the rest, and find this Otero.

DeadBob

Ancient Alien
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been researching the great libraries of Sosaria for any information on this scoundrel Otero. While his guild, KAOS, is toasted in forgotten legends and songs dealing mainly with oversexed elves and dragons in heat, of the man himself there is no mention until a few years ago.

Lord Mon.GL, according to articles in old Police Gazzettes, had a problem and commissioned KAOS to send help. Apparently, they shipped him Otero who arrived in steerage bearing a one way ticket.
He is described by a reporter as, "Unusually drab, dressed in a shiny grey suit with narrow lapels, an alpine hat and string tie. He wears no shoes and walks on a pair of hairy blunt instruments which can only be called feet because of the position they occupy at the end of his legs."

In a ceremony that casts doubt on just how much help Otero was to Lord Mon.GL, he was awarded the "Inspector Clouseau" medal and made an honorary member of the Pink Panthers<?>. A social columnist of the time wrote, "He gives dull parties and cheap presents and enjoys the same general regard and esteem as a dead otter."

On a final note, it should be noted that Otero appeared again amongst us about the same time that Nurse Miss Maude's clinic was drawing down lightning to power something going on in her basement lab.

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

He is described by a reporter as, "Unusually drab, dressed in a shiny grey suit with narrow lapels, an alpine hat and string tie. He wears no shoes and walks on a pair of hairy blunt instruments which can only be called feet because of the position they occupy at the end of his legs."....

So, basically, we're looking for someone who looks like this:

DeadBob

Ancient Alien
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ROFL!
:D
Thank you, startle!
I got a real laugh out of your post.

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do my best..... :cool:

.... He is described by a reporter as, "Unusually drab, dressed in a shiny grey suit with narrow lapels, an alpine hat and string tie....
As I juggled the descriptive terms in my mind, and attempted to associate them with anything resembling Unusually drab - I paused to wonder exactly what crowd the reporter typically hangs with.... Drab?

So if this Otero dewd is Unusually drab, then I only have to assume that the reporter mentioned runs with a strange bunch indeed!

As I put down my pen, the sound of rustling feathers broke what couldn't actually be considered an erie silence...... but whatever it was it was broken. As I looked up from my copy of the Siege reporter, I finally understood how Otero could be described as drab - as the reporter entered the room...

Last edited:

Chrysallis

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*The elven woman sighed wearily and looked at the stack of flyers, painstakingly done by hand personally that lay on the table. The guilt of her sisters disappearance swamped her and she could not help feeling that she might have been partly to blame for her disappearance. When she had seen the evidence of the scuffle on the beach next to her sisters hammock and that bottle of liquor laying empty in the sand she had felt a moment of fear. She had just earlier that day found the bottle on the hammock, and assuming that she had just forgotten it there, taken it inside her house and placed it on the table for safe keeping, and now.......here was that damnable bottle again back where she had found it. Hopefully it had not had some part in the reason her sister had been abducted.*

*When she had found out the news she had sought out her sister's people and found out about the Pirate Otero and knew now that he was the one that held her sister. All the pirates of Arrr were in an uproar and most of them were on the seas in an attempt to find out where he had absconded to with her sister. Otero would have hell to pay on many levels once he was caught, of that she had no doubt. Pirates were not the most reasonable when crossed and you certainly did not want to steal something that they considered theirs. Only a foolish foolish person would even make the attempt and risk the wrath of a pirate such as the ones that were now on the trail of Otero.*

*A low whine from her faithful cu sidhe brought her attention back to the matter at hand and she picked up the stack of flyers and put them in her pouch. She would leave them in every town and nail them to trees around the lands in the hope that more people would help her in the search. For four days now she had traveled around with her trusted pets, in an attempt to track the miscreants, and the scent of those involved was well known now to her mares, dragon and the cu. If they came across that scent again, there would be blood. For now however she needed to get busy, time was of the essence and the sooner her sister was found, the better for all involved. One final glance at the words on the parchment and she was satisfied, so she mounted the cu and off they ran through the lands*

REWARD!!

A BOUNTY IS OFFERED FOR THE PIRATE OTERO AND THE RETURN OF LIANDRA. WE CARE NOT IF OTERO COMES BACK DEAD OR ALIVE.

SIGNED,

LIANDRA ORDER OF THE DRUNKEN ELDERS

Blaeke

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ROFLMAO!!!!! You're brilliant, Startle! :thumbup:

I do my best..... :cool:

... "As I put down my pen, the sound of rustling feathers broke what couldn't actually be considered an erie silence...... but whatever it was it was broken. As I looked up from my copy of the Siege reporter, I finally understood how Otero could be described as drab - as the reporter entered the room..."

Dacatge

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Liandra was safely recovered. And the sea gods sent that Scalis after us. Was deffeted by the great Citizens of Britaina. Want to thank all who participated and attended the event. There shall be more Ocean Chaos to come. Please stay toned

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well done... And who were these citizens that brought justice to the wicked Otero? They should be celebrated - both for their bravery in battle and their ability to withstand what must have been a blinding glare of the sun off Otero's suit...
And so, we are warned of more "Ocean Chaos" to come. Let us hope that this future chaos won't involve a certain reporter (greatly feared by all of Sosaria's bird population).

And Captain Sureno - I will stay toned - or, better yet, did you leave off an S there?

DeadBob

Ancient Alien
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
HUZZAH LIANDRA!
Lots of players were involved in staging this event, but you were the star on the stage. Thank you!

Oh, and for those who wonder about the limerick Otero entered in the Pirates' Limerick Contest, the one that he demanded win in exchange for Liandra's freedom, here it is:

An Owl with a rectal thermostat
Was the Pirate King's favorite hat.
"'Tis a wondrous thing
When it's cold," said the King,
"'Till the damn thing takes a shat!"

Last edited:

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tsk-tsk... Methinks 'tis Otero who took the shat...:cool: