• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pinco's updating everytime I start it.

Mobidoy

Adventurer
Pinco's UI keeps downloading and installing the same patch over and over. Everytime I start the patcher, it will download a 90.2 MB patch and install it.

I am running it with admin right.

Any ideas ?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco's UI keeps downloading and installing the same patch over and over. Everytime I start the patcher, it will download a 90.2 MB patch and install it.

Any ideas ?
it's possible the game folder don't have the rights to write the files or you have some kind of antivirus that checks the files and alters them so the patcher has to download them again...

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I downloaded the UI Patcher, tried the Install page but one of the links didn't work, anyway I unzipped it directly into the correct folder, created the shortcut, set it to Admin, when I launch it, it crashes every time.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I downloaded the UI Patcher, tried the Install page but one of the links didn't work, anyway I unzipped it directly into the correct folder, created the shortcut, set it to Admin, when I launch it, it crashes every time.
you probably lack some of the requirements check the requirements page and start over...

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Brand new pc, only had it a few days, but i'll check again, can you post a link directly to your install instructions page again ?

thank you

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco, I was checking the System Requirements, thinking maybe I've never had the music set right. What folder is the K-Lite Codecs Pack supposed to be in? Thanks
PS - Everything is running extremely smoothly for me lately since your patches of the last week. Thank you :thumbsup:
Those are codecs, you just need to have that installed :D

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Any ideas ?
I got the exact same problem. It's weird, I run the UIPatcher as admin, everything UO related is whitelisted in Bitdefender . :confused2:

Mobidoy

Adventurer
I got the exact same problem. It's weird, I run the UIPatcher as admin, everything UO related is whitelisted in Bitdefender . :confused2:
It is indeed a Bitdefender issue, I know of someone else facing the same issue, with Bitdefender too.

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is indeed a Bitdefender issue, I know of someone else facing the same issue, with Bitdefender too.
Ah, good to know! Any idea how to solve it short of disabling bitdefender altogether?

Mobidoy

Adventurer
Ah, good to know! Any idea how to solve it short of disabling bitdefender altogether?
I have not found a solution to it yet. Still working on that.

Main computer still runs a free subscription on Norton which is about to expire. I will try Bitdefender on it when it is over. I barely use my laptop with bitdefender lately.