• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Closed Pinco settings walkthrough and misc deleted threads

Loren

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Seems just a few days ago, I found a thread on Pinco website, with links that mirror these :

http://stratics.com/threads/pincos-ui.249270/

Today, I can not find them on Pinco website, here on Stratics, nor through google.

Clicking any of the above links now yields : "
An Error Occurred
Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

[#10342] We could not determine which forum this topic is in."

What has changed in the past few days? Does anyone have good links? I was not happy with the default appearance settings on a fresh Pinco install. I ended up deleting everything from EA folders and reinstalling UO. I found the links on the Pinco website, started looking at Hotbars guide, and thought ok cool, I will come back to this tomorrow. Now I can not find them. I think it would behoove me to study the info, so I can decide if I want to install Pinco again, or make do with Standard EC.

I am aware that this : still exists on YouTube, but it is 4+yrs old, and I also wanted to finish reading Pinco's own links. I have made some inquiries as to why several very useful and informative threads, lists, and videos are now inaccessible/removed from Stratics, but no one seems willing or inclined to answer. Ok, since this is basically provided for free, can't demand anything. I just find it ...odd. "This resource has been removed and is no longer available". On the few links where there is an additional post that says "moved to a more permanent home at uo2.stratics.xxxx/xxxx" etc, its not there, but a 404 error is, or it is just a link to the front page of uo2.stratics.

Most of the the removal notices look like May 2015 timeframe. Can anyone clue me in on the situation? Did the new EC version make the info invalid? Taylor's thread on Nox/Thief, gone from here, and not on uo2. Storm's mining guide, gone, http://stratics.com/threads/mining-macro-guide-for-the-enhanced-client-deleted.314789/

What did I miss when I was gone? I really miss that stuff. Got my miner ready, made a thief, went looking for those 2 resources,... whoops. I am sure I can make do, I suppose. I poked around the website a bit, looking for something like a "We are removing some guides because.." I did not find anything though.

Now, not being able to access the Pinco links that I was reading less than 72 hrs ago, has me doing a serious case of "What the Hell, over?" <<communications joke.

Someone, please, help clear the confusion for me?

Last edited:

Loren

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Part of the answer, as far as the Pinco links are that they have been moved to a Wiki located here (Thank you Pinco) :
http://pincosui.wikia.com/wiki/Pinco's_UI_Wiki

I guess I just came back and started poking around at a time when things are changing a bit. I'll get the hang of it. It's hard for me to be spontaneous, man I need PROCEDURE. Personally, I am a math nerd by most estimates, but Engineer runs strong in my family. (procedure procedure procedure).

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Good you reposted the link. I bookmarked for it for next time somebody needs help on it

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
If you look under the resource tab, you can find the information that was listed in the old enhanced client fourm.

Ron Bron

Former President
VIP
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Seems just a few days ago, I found a thread on Pinco website, with links that mirror these :

http://stratics.com/threads/pincos-ui.249270/

Today, I can not find them on Pinco website, here on Stratics, nor through google.

Clicking any of the above links now yields : "
An Error Occurred
Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

[#10342] We could not determine which forum this topic is in."

What has changed in the past few days? Does anyone have good links? I was not happy with the default appearance settings on a fresh Pinco install. I ended up deleting everything from EA folders and reinstalling UO. I found the links on the Pinco website, started looking at Hotbars guide, and thought ok cool, I will come back to this tomorrow. Now I can not find them. I think it would behoove me to study the info, so I can decide if I want to install Pinco again, or make do with Standard EC.

I am aware that this : still exists on YouTube, but it is 4+yrs old, and I also wanted to finish reading Pinco's own links. I have made some inquiries as to why several very useful and informative threads, lists, and videos are now inaccessible/removed from Stratics, but no one seems willing or inclined to answer. Ok, since this is basically provided for free, can't demand anything. I just find it ...odd. "This resource has been removed and is no longer available". On the few links where there is an additional post that says "moved to a more permanent home at uo2.stratics.xxxx/xxxx" etc, its not there, but a 404 error is, or it is just a link to the front page of uo2.stratics.

Most of the the removal notices look like May 2015 timeframe. Can anyone clue me in on the situation? Did the new EC version make the info invalid? Taylor's thread on Nox/Thief, gone from here, and not on uo2. Storm's mining guide, gone, http://stratics.com/threads/mining-macro-guide-for-the-enhanced-client-deleted.314789/

What did I miss when I was gone? I really miss that stuff. Got my miner ready, made a thief, went looking for those 2 resources,... whoops. I am sure I can make do, I suppose. I poked around the website a bit, looking for something like a "We are removing some guides because.." I did not find anything though.

Now, not being able to access the Pinco links that I was reading less than 72 hrs ago, has me doing a serious case of "What the Hell, over?" <<communications joke.

Someone, please, help clear the confusion for me?
This should be resolved. We moved Pinco's forum into the UO Resources Forum and it created some permissions issues that needed updating. Thanks for bringing it up.