• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Bushido] Pimp My Samurai

Garm The Green

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I returned about 4 months ago and have been playing on/off.
I have two Samurai I main on Europa but I'm not sure that their templates are....optimal.
Please can you offer advice/guidance on what works for you for soloing a) champ spawns b) big game and c) if there'd be any way to make them of some use in PVP?

Both sammies have
120 Swords
120 Bush
110 Tactics
100 Necro

In addition...
...one is damage focused (lets call him Miya) and has:
101 Anat (101 for Evade boost)
90 Chiv
79 Parry

...the other has resist (lets call him Garm) and has:
100 resist
90 Parry
80 Chiv

Both sammies are lacking...
Miya seems vulnerable without resist - mana vamp in PVM and Para in PVP are both killers.
Garm simply lacks that critical mass of damage to allow comfortable soloing through leeching.

Both have decent suits with 40-50 DCI, 30+ HCI, 180+ Stam, 150 STR however they have low HP (no crimmies) at around 110-120.

What can i do to make them more effective?
My thoughts are these:
a) Parry drops incoming damage little per skill point after factoring in DCI and HLD - would these points be more effective elsewhere? No thread has answered if evasion works without parry as experiences seem to defy the maths/theory?
b) Resist - how much is needed in PVM to have an effect vs big game? I'm thinking surviving mana vamps, para spam in spawns. Would 80 work for spawns and some level of protection vs blood oath (think undead/dark father hits)?
c) Chiv - all or nothing seems to make more sense here as low skill doesn't work as well since the changes. I can't quite bring myself to go the route of 100% HLL weaps and ditch necro and go 120, as I'd *want* tinker legs and to build a brand new suit for this. I have no POF, Relics, Mats (or sanity) left after spending everything I have on 5 new suits since returning.

These points all ....feel....inefficient.
The 100 necro is madness, and yet without HUGE change i see no options to go the 100% HLL route (Duncan Drake I'm looking at you jealously)

Yet where would I spend 100 points I ponder if i were to ditch parry, resist?
Healing ala Links (old) template? Anat, Weaving, Mysticism or even should I just ditch one to dedicate the points to another...?
Miya used to have 100 SS prior to having Anatomy, but i only found this led to extreme Karma issues, and carrying regs was a ball-ache!

Please excuse my rambling, "stream of consciousness" post....but I can see a sensible path, and usually when at this point when i "tweak" things, i only make them worse. However currently, I start a spawn on Garm, and swap to finish on Miya... it doesn't seem quite right? Surely they should be more flexible?

Maybe Miya should drop tactics to 101, chiv to 85, parry to 40 freeing up 53 points for resist and with 12 on jewels I could take 65 resist on him. Would this do anything??

Please help warriors.

Last edited:

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Here is My Sampire who was able to kill most of bosses in the game (for example, all peerless bosses except Stygian Dragon). But she is completely useless in PvP.

You can do well without Resisting Spells.
You can use WW even when you are under Blood Oath (but be careful in 1on1 fight). You get damage only for hitting the monster that casted BO on you. So you take damage for hitting the caster but leach life from others.
Protection helps to remove BO and other curses (using the Chivalry spell). You can use apples as well.
I have no any problems on Undead spawn with my current warrior who uses 100% HLL Double Axe (she hasn't necro).
As to mana drain - use a weapon with proper damage type. I use 100% fire against chargelings. If you do 50+ damage without special move you needn't worry much about mana drain. 1-2 hits and you have got mana for AI.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Garn.
Whatever everyone says, it all boils down to one simple thing.
How much gold do you wanna spend on project sampire ?

One of my favorite builds are.

120 swords (i like swords)
120 bushido (go max for ww dammage)
100 parry
120 tact (again dammage)
100 resist (enough so u dont get paralyzed all the time, when doing spawns with spellcasting monsters)
100 necro
078 chiv (+18 on juwels)

Gear used. (on top of my head)
spirit of totem
crimson
+20 di talisman
quiver +5 dci
sash +5 dci
robe +5 dci (this can be replaced by armor part with +5 dci..)
arms,sleeves,legs,tunic,gorget..is a combo of ringmail/chainmail.
ring +20di, 15 hci, 15 dci, +9 chiv, +8 dex
brac +20di,15 hci, 15 dci, +9 chiv, +8 dex

With this template/gear i have soloed all spawns,doom.
I use hatchets and double axes. my favorite weapons atm.

What works for me, might not work for you :)

Garm The Green

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice responses ty.
Having 100% elemental slayer weapons is a bit expensive but could be doable in time...
Kaio - you find you leech enough to stay alive it seems - augmented with pots and confidence I guess?
Do you use HLA on weapons?

Garm The Green

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Again can anyone comment further on points A, B and C please?
A - Seems like a bloated use of points once 120 weapons skill, DCI and HLD (on weapons) are factored in. Chance for mob to hit is then ~25%. Parry only gets checked to reduce this 25% of hits...
B - Surely 80 resist works ok...?
C - 80 Chiv really is the minimum right? any point for raising this further over say anatomy, spirit speak, spell weaving etc?
Thankyou in advance :)

Garm The Green

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is My Sampire who was able to kill most of bosses in the game (for example, all peerless bosses except Stygian Dragon). But she is completely useless in PvP.

You can do well without Resisting Spells.
You can use WW even when you are under Blood Oath (but be careful in 1on1 fight). You get damage only for hitting the monster that casted BO on you. So you take damage for hitting the caster but leach life from others.
As to mana drain - use a weapon with proper damage type. I use 100% fire against chargelings. If you do 50+ damage without special move you needn't worry much about mana drain. 1-2 hits and you have got mana for AI.

The problem with mana drain is it can stop any essential spell - evasion during a manadump, whirlwind while red-lined and surrounded by level 3/4 spawn...but also a missed remove curse or apple after blood oath can be fatal quickly...

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
You can survive without Evasion except few very hard bosses. I do spawns without parrying at all.
You can ignore blood oath when you use WW. You can switch to peace mode when you use AI.

Well Resisting Spell is good to have but not critical for sampire. Anatomy is better most of time. And you can switch anatomy to resisting when you think you need it.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice responses ty.
Having 100% elemental slayer weapons is a bit expensive but could be doable in time...
Kaio - you find you leech enough to stay alive it seems - augmented with pots and confidence I guess?
Do you use HLA on weapons?
Fighting spawn, staying alive arent hard, just make sure you dont take on too many monsters.
On my spawner weapons i usually have Hit Area effect, hit mana, hit stanima, SSI (if double axe) this is really all u need. having HLD on weapon/headgear is just a bonus.
Fighting bosses/champs you always need HLD, and sometimes you need HLA as well.
I don't use pots at all. I rearly cast confidence (mostly because i forget..lol)
I find counter attack more usefull, when fighting most bosses/champs.

I just made a new hatchet, iv'e use it to kill bosses/champs. it looks like this (cost me some pof, regs, and a few copper hammers to make)
HLD 50
HLA 50
HML 96
HSL 50
DI 40