• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

picking what mods to add

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there a way to add specific mods to the client? Lets say I want the runebook mod from one and the plant gump mod from another. Is there a way to merge the two and set it up. Just curious if it would be possible.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there a way to add specific mods to the client? Lets say I want the runebook mod from one and the plant gump mod from another. Is there a way to merge the two and set it up. Just curious if it would be possible.
no, unless the mod is made to be used as standalone...

LowdownandShifty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I don't disagree with pinco here, but I think his response doesn't tell the whole story. I've released a few stand-alone plugins that function across multiple mods--unzip it to the UI's folder and it works.

It's up to the modder to design features that can stand alone or not; some are while others are not. As far as I've seen, most of the packaged UI mods have a lot of dependencies that prohibit this plug-and-play functionality.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't disagree with pinco here, but I think his response doesn't tell the whole story. I've released a few stand-alone plugins that function across multiple mods--unzip it to the UI's folder and it works.

It's up to the modder to design features that can stand alone or not; some are while others are not. As far as I've seen, most of the packaged UI mods have a lot of dependencies that prohibit this plug-and-play functionality.
You have no idea what kind of disasters happens when a clumsy user uses this plug and play :D
Personally I think that mods are great for default UI, but an entire UI should provide all the tools needed by a player in order to play. If you use an UI and you need to use script commands or extermal mods then it's no good for you :p

LowdownandShifty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Agreed. I think if someone tried to pull your UI apart piecemeal, they would cause terrible problems. However, there are some features that are designed to be plug-and-play, and adding them to a mod may/should be harmless. :)

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

You are right, you can make standalone mods but like the lack on players the lack on mod developers is also a problem. I also have to say i have all i need, there are issues ingame that have to be fixed by the devs the shadow copies of players or mobiles are very anyoing the movment is very choppy this fixes improvment would be nice to have in the future.