• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Picking a Paragon Chest

T

Teiwaz

I have GM Cartography & Lockpicking ,yet for some reason I cannot pick a Paragon Chest ,please inform me as to why?

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have GM Cartography & Lockpicking ,yet for some reason I cannot pick a Paragon Chest ,please inform me as to why?
You are going to have a better chance of getting this answered in the UO Treasure Hunter or UO Thief Forums. This forum is for thieves who steal items from other players...la

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have gm lockpick and it can still take me as many as 30-40 times to open a higher end para chest. Cartography doesn't affect your lp. All I can recommend is keep trying.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Picking a paragon chest is like picking your nose....it is best to do it when others aren't watching!
:)

J

Jermosh

It takes quite a few tries. I burn through about 10 picks on them.

A

Adreena

I am GM Lockpicking also but it won't even let me try to pick a paragon chest. Says "You are unable to pick this lock" .. I don't understand it. Can someone please help me out? Thank you

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You're making the attempt, but failing.....

do it enough, and you will either get a success or start getting broken picks (before eventually succeeding).

There have been some paragon chests that have taken me over 100 attempts and 40+ broken picks to open.

R

Remyi

You're making the attempt, but failing.....

do it enough, and you will either get a success or start getting broken picks (before eventually succeeding).

There have been some paragon chests that have taken me over 100 attempts and 40+ broken picks to open.
*nod* It takes me anywhere from 1-50+ tries to pick a high level paragon chest. I actually broke 75 picks at 100 LP, trying to pick a paragon cu sidhe chest the other night.