• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) Phoenix Memorial Festival October 6-7

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Plans have been hammered out and you are invited to join us for fun and deathrobes! This year the festival will be a two-day event giving lots of opportunities for prizes and grey screens :) Our own EM Helios attended the final planning meeting and will be providing a single gate from Luna to the Phoenix Memorial Festival House, located in Skara Brae, and gates to each event from that location.

There will be a festival channel in chat for communication, which will be needed for two events that I will be hosting. Also, might be easier for festival goers to have a dedicated channel.

Schedule of Events (time, event, host...... please note all times are eastern)

Saturday Oct 6th
  • 3pm --- Harbinger Huddle --- FSB
  • 4pm --- Gate Roulette --- ELV
  • 5pm --- Castle Giveaway --- TMC
  • 6pm --- Archery Contest --- FSB
  • 7pm --- Mage Poker --- TMC
  • 8pm --- Net Toss --- FSB
Sunday Oct 7th
  • 3pm --- Cow Tipping --- McNuge Clan
  • 4pm --- Phoenix Fishing Frenzy --- TMC
  • 5pm --- Drunken Mongbat Darts --- TMC
  • 6pm --- Keep IDOC --- TMC & FSB
  • 7pm --- Pen's Pedestal Pong --- ELV
  • 8pm --- Two Man T-Map Challenge --- Nadalia
Also, on Saturday afternoon sometime after the festival begins I will be posting a picture here of DevilsOwn somewhere in the lands.... well, part of a picture ;) and the first person to figure out where I am, go to that location and holler for me wins the prize.

DevilsOwn has also been seeking an item in the lands, and has become totally frustrated as efforts have yielded naught. A bounty has now been put on this item and I will tell you what it is and what it is worth, to me, anyway, at the beginning of the festival in the dedicated channel.

We have allowed an hour for each event... some may be shorter, as in the case of the idoc (generally it's two minutes from fall to total cleanup hehehe) so there will be opportunities to let your families know that you have not, indeed, passed out at the computer.

Last edited:

Lord Cuda

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No need to offer a reward for said Item!! I plan on attending the net toss in person! ;) I might even wear blaze just to aggrevate Omni into returning sooner because I wear it sooooo.... much better *flexes*:grin:

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yer gonna love the net toss..... after the initial batch where everyone in attendance gets a net to toss it looks to be a Fabled Fling.. we got so many white nets (thanks for the donations, all!) that I'm pretty sure we can fill the hour with just whites

(and yes, you look mahhvelous in blaze, sweetie)

Last edited:

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
a word about the Castle Giveaway....

yes, TMC is giving away a castle.....
the castle is in Felucca, so if you don't want to live there, don't play the game
if you don't have the ability to accept the castle in trade, don't play the game

Damia TMC

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The idoc will take a little more than 2 minutes :). We have some entertainment planned and a little EM mayhem may ensue. Packies beware. This year we are dropping a keep donated by Uriah Heep and thanks to the many donations we have received, its almost full.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No need to offer a reward for said Item!! I plan on attending the net toss in person! ;) I might even wear blaze just to aggrevate Omni into returning sooner because I wear it sooooo.... much better *flexes*:grin:

You wish bro! I already started working on my blaze outfit. But you worship is noted!

Damia TMC

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks everyone for coming this was soooo much fun. Events start again tomorrow at 3pm eastern.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This year's festival stamped complete and goes into the pages of the Legends memory book. Two days, twelve events and only one grumpy person! Personally, I had a ball.. from old favorites, like cow tippin', to new games, like pedestal pong, we tested our abilities, increased the number of zombie skeletons and even gave away a castle!

Much appreciation to the hosts and hosting guilds including ELV, TMC, VFW, FSB and the McNuge family. It's fun to host events and I also know the amount of work that goes into hosting even the simplest game.... so thank you all for making this year's festival a success.

And now, if anyone managed to get any pictures of happenings over the course of these two days please post them :) cause it completely slipped my mind!

jeriicco

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Big thanks to everyone who organized and hosted It was a blast...Full report with pictures coming soon :)

Penderrin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
THE DevilsOwn needs a big round o' applause!

P.S. Did that bathroom get cleaned out?

Last edited:

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It was nice to be able to pop in for what I could. Nice to see some old names from days past! Hope to do it again sometime! I am now a full time trammy!