• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) Phoenix Festival - tonite! (Sept 9th)

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hail Legends!

The first organizational meeting for this year's Phoenix Festival will be held on Friday, September 9th at 8pm est at the Festival House in Skara Brae

(saving this space for a map!)

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ooooops! nearly forgot, here's the map! right across the canal from Skara Brae near the farmer's fields

This meeting is open to all that want to hold an event for the festival. If you'd like to host something but are at a loss for ideas check the post by Mentiras stickied at the top of the Legends boards.

Aavie will be hosting Mage Poker and FSB will hold the Net Toss so bring your idea and your energy on Sept 9th!

Aavie_TMC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Some events that have been held in the past:
Bunny Bash (Vorpal Bunnies)
Pedestal Pong
Treasure Hunt Race
Boat Race
Where's Waldo
"IDOC" (build a house, fill it, then drop it)
Archery Tourney
Alchemical Bowling

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
soft bump to remind everyone that this meeting takes place tonite :)

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry I had to cut and run last night. I was thinking maybe an event like Rockem Sockem Robots. Instead we use Golems in place of Robots.

Mentiras

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
What is pedestal pong? And how would the rock em sock em robots work? Basically just a pet battle or would there be some whimsical twist to make it unique? (Always looking for new ways to make new games ;). )

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm still trying to figure away to make it different from just a Pet Battle.

Mentiras

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Is there any place that the terrain damages you? If so what you could do is have the robots make "an entrance" thru that area before battling, giving it a bit of a random dice roll who has more life at the end of the entrance before the fight. Other than that I'll have to do a bit more thinking the original game is basically a pet battle, not like we can make golems hrafs pop off lol

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To bad the requirements to use an automation are so high. Atleast then there could be some random about damage and armor type.

There are other mechanical pets to, but you can only build a Vollem every 15 minutes. Roll of the dice to determine mechanical pet type.

Battlebots has hazard zone you have to watch out for. Or maybe a dice roll to allow a player to use some sort of pot on their opponents golem, or 1 tinker repair

Mentiras

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
There you go, those are some good ideas to make it not just a standard pet battle. Let me know when/if you finalize the idea, could be fun to participate in