• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pets with special healing

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
ok i have several pets now that have the healing ability(i believe it was posted 1 in 6 chance to have), anyway just got around to training first one and i have noticed a problem. his mana hardly ever drops much, mostly because he is not using any combat specials, just attempting to use healing skill. Not sure if this a bug or something else, like low wrestle(been training against swoop) and pet is in 90's. I'm not sure but i think piecing, slashing, ect are considered magical abilities like magery, healing, ect. i am figuring to just finish training up to next level and see what happens, however according to the uo training guide if you get a second magical ability it cancels first. Although it should not in this case, as this was a wild ability.Anyone training one of these pets notice any problems like this?

General Lee

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I've been training my Lion and he is popping specials and healing when required, he's never at full mana.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They fail a lot at low skill and they don't heal when you think they should.

When the skill is 80s they work like a Cu. They still don't heal when you think they should. Poison them!

NinjaSampire

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Swoops wresting is usually high 120/130. It might be to high for your lion to achieve gains at 90.

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
his Wrestling was in 80's not 90's( my mistake), i have brought up the wrestling to mid 90's and he does use healing skill( around 75 currently). However he is not using his combat special attacks(that i can tell), although he may have used his AI once not sure. Also this isn't my lion or saber-tooth( haven't started training them), it's my triceratops.

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
triceratops with healing?
Ya, have seen a few of them in game, also, tamed one without( you want to damage them first like lions). Also do the regular tigers have healing(have not found one yet)?

Jibbed

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Not that i have seen yet, but by the sounds of it im gonna have to test to see what else may get healing.

Mentiras

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
so do I just lore everything and hope one spawns with healing? also is there a list of pets that can have this special healing addition?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
so do I just lore everything and hope one spawns with healing? also is there a list of pets that can have this special healing addition?
No. Lions, sabre-tooths, and triceratops can gain healing before taming. Damage them till almost dead and you hear a bandage. You can lore them and they show healing as an ability.

The ability will come and go. The hard part is to tame them while the ability is active and it will stick. If you tame them and they do not have healing as an ability, it will not appear later.

You have to tame a bunch of them to get one with healing. Or get lucky on the first try.

Mentiras

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
got a tri with .9 healing, he never tries to heal so he never gains. any suggestions?

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Make sure it actually has healing. I've had lions that had a value by the healing skill but did not actually have the ability listed on the animal lore screen for abilities. If it's not there, it won't gain ever.

TheFarg

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I checked this forum as I have a triceratops with 9.0 in healing but never heals and its not listed in his abilities. so I went to Eoden to get myself a non cu pet with healing. Got myself a lion with healing now. And yes when they are wild they go between having healing active and then not. So I would burn down with magery. Tame, if no healing then release and burn down again, re-tame rinse and repeat. Got one with healing turned on in about 10 minutes. I'm glad I found this post otherwise I would have had no idea how to do it. At one point I lored him while wild and it said healing in his abilities but when I finished taming it was gone. I just kept at it and eventually got him tamed with healing turned on. I just used one lion and kept releasing and retaming til it was on. Now for a sabertooth. Are there any other besides triceratops, lion, and sabertooths?

TheFarg

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Knowing this it was even quicker getting a sabertooth with healing. One tiger, tamed twice. Has healing active

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Those are the ones. Takes practice to get them tamed with healing faster. Keep them aggrooed to you until you see the blue text.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nice!! Did not know tigers can get healing..Good info..
He means sabre toothed Tiger I think. I have never tried on a tiger tho. They never have bandages in their corpses.

DDesire

Adventurer
hmm I had a lion at 0% HP for like 2 minutes I never heard it bandage.. it just regened up to 4-8% and I beat it down again but no luck.
Am I missing something?

DDesire

Adventurer
nevermind it took like 4minutes but one finally healed.. but it didn't get the ability... now I have something to try for :)
good thread, thanks

edit: went quicker than I expected:

Last edited:

Gnoopey

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As soon as healing 'sticks' on the Lore & Knowledge gump, you have to begin taming attempts where you make sure, that the beast does NO damage to you!

This is easiest to be achieved with the help of a peace bard. As soon as the 'healer' beast is able to damage you, the healing skill will vanish from the said Lore & Knowledge gump again. Then you have to go back to damage the wild beast so long that healing appears again on the said gump!

Leira of Asrai

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For these pets that have skills reduced after taming, they will continue to reduce every time you release/re-tame. My poor Lion had combat skills less than 20 when I finally was able to tame it with healing.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes. The animal has to move through the 10% mark. Beat it down to less than 10%. Let it regen to more than 10%. If it didn't gain healing, beat it down to less than 10% again.

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If you tame them and they do not have healing as an ability, it will not appear later.
Not sure about this...
I got a 4.4+ rating t-top, when I tamed it, I didn't know they could get healing. It was recommended that I try releasing and retaming.
So I released it and beat it up many many times. It did pick up healing eventually.
Didn't with in every case though, of course I had more than one 4.0+ rating ones....but it does work for some.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not sure about this...
I got a 4.4+ rating t-top, when I tamed it, I didn't know they could get healing. It was recommended that I try releasing and retaming.
So I released it and beat it up many many times. It did pick up healing eventually.
Didn't with in every case though, of course I had more than one 4.0+ rating ones....but it does work for some.
Yup people showed that you can do that. I still kill them if they tame without it. The Stats get cut in half each re taming. Once you learn how to get healing on them it only takes a few minutes. You can drag two sabertoothes together and try each until one or both get healing on the first tame. Someone noticed that you need to keep them aggroed on you while taming they have a higher chance of keeping healing. Just beat them until they move real slow.

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes. The animal has to move through the 10% mark. Beat it down to less than 10%. Let it regen to more than 10%. If it didn't gain healing, beat it down to less than 10% again.
I did this, and tamed a lion with healing.... I put in stables to bond, and when I fed it for the bonding, the healing went away! What gives?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If it has healing after you tame it, it will stay. You lored it before tame and it lost it right before tamed.

Healing comes and goes, have to be lucky.

They easy to make tho. Lore after it is tamed to see if it stuck.

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If it has healing after you tame it, it will stay. You lored it before tame and it lost it right before tamed.

Healing comes and goes, have to be lucky.

They easy to make tho. Lore after it is tamed to see if it stuck.
You're not understanding me. I did all of that, and had a tamed lion with healing in the stables for a week. When I fed it the last time to complete the bonding, the healing skill disappeared.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've never seen it leave after taming so I don't know what happened.

Others here say you can get it back on by release and retame but it will lose skill levels.

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I saw a saber tooth tiger today with 2.3/110 for healing but when I looked at the lore & knowledge page, healing was not listed there. Person recalled away before I could them about that. So maybe it is possible for healing to disappear with or after bonding? Just not sure.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I had them gain 25 skill in healing and the heal not stick when tamed. Ill check a Lion I made for fun last week.

Mine kept it: This one bonded when I fed it. Was 2 weeks ago tues,
upload_2019-2-2_23-23-33.png

Last edited:

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yeah, just because it has points in the healing skills does not mean it stuck when tamed, you have to actually make sure it says healing on the lore and knowledge after it is tamed..

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah, just because it has points in the healing skills does not mean it stuck when tamed, you have to actually make sure it says healing on the lore and knowledge after it is tamed..
Yes, listen to what I'm saying.... I had all of the above check boxes checked! Healing skill in the lore section and 3 points of healing. Fed the pet, then put in stables for a week.... fed again to bond, pet bonded, and healing skill disappeared from lore section.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
didnt see the one post. Never seen that happen and it would take a week to tame and test it so i cannot help you further. :)

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Yes, listen to what I'm saying.... I had all of the above check boxes checked! Healing skill in the lore section and 3 points of healing. Fed the pet, then put in stables for a week.... fed again to bond, pet bonded, and healing skill disappeared from lore section.
I would try to raise healing to 20 or so FIRST, then bond and see what happens. Healing disappears if very low. Try to nring it tp 20 or so, after taming. Bring it up to 4-5 before taming. Then work it up a little bit to 20. See what happens. If things dot work, release-retame again and again, till you get healing to work.

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would try to raise healing to 20 or so FIRST, then bond and see what happens. Healing disappears if very low. Try to nring it tp 20 or so, after taming. Bring it up to 4-5 before taming. Then work it up a little bit to 20. See what happens. If things dot work, release-retame again and again, till you get healing to work.
Thank you. I was wondering if anyone else had similar experiences. I didn't want to invest the time in raising healing or even waiting a week if there was no solution. I killed the old lion and tamed a new one with healing. I'll raise the healing up before the week is up, in case it dies in the process ( random disconnect or whatever ), so I won't lose an entire week.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
We also once had the healing disappear after a little while. Since then (our second pet we tried it on we think) we just raise it a bit like Celticus said and haven't had problems since. That said, we only added it to like 2-3 more, but still. And indeed you can try to get it back on perhaps if it would disappear again. Skill training is so easy anyway, especially now with whisper, so not much lost on that.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mine from 2 weeks ago has no healing skill. But it kept healing. I was lucky and got it on first taming attempt.

Still has healing ability. So you do not need to raise healing. Just need healing there when it is tame.

upload_2019-2-3_10-44-18.png

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mine from 2 weeks ago has no healing skill. But it kept healing. I was lucky and got it on first taming attempt.

Still has healing ability. So you do not need to raise healing. Just need healing there when it is tame.

View attachment 93033
So I killed my lion for nothing? :D

Oh well. Still, I prefer to see the numbers there so I can monitor it's progress. I will raise healing a bit first.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So I killed my lion for nothing? :D

Oh well. Still, I prefer to see the numbers there so I can monitor it's progress. I will raise healing a bit first.
I think we all misunderstood you. You meant the healing skill was not showing. We thought you meant the healing ability was not there.

Make a new one. Pound one to near death and listen for a bandage. Tame fast as you can.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Thank you. I was wondering if anyone else had similar experiences. I didn't want to invest the time in raising healing or even waiting a week if there was no solution. I killed the old lion and tamed a new one with healing. I'll raise the healing up before the week is up, in case it dies in the process ( random disconnect or whatever ), so I won't lose an entire week.
No. Take the pet to scorpions, and keep poisoning it. You can also poison it yourself. You can do it unbonded or bonded, if it does not take, release retame. Get healing to appear in the lore gump. Get it up to 20 or so, then re-stable for 1 week to rebond etc. Then build the healing up from there as usually. If it does not work after many trials, I would perm release and get a new pet, rinse and repeat.

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
upload_2019-2-18_10-53-11.png

A little late on the update, but it DID stay! Raising it to 30 did the trick. It is steadily gaining now and saving me TONS of bandages.
New question! If I add chiv, will it remove healing?

Gnoopey

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Only certain pets from the Tokuno islands can train 'real' bushido unfortunately. Like hiryus and lesser hiryus.

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Only certain pets from the Tokuno islands can train 'real' bushido unfortunately. Like hiryus and lesser hiryus.
Thank you. Someone should make a spread sheet that shows what pets can train what, and what skills replace other skills, maybe in a skill tree format...