• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pets with Piercing

Biazen

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Pet with piercing have AI, Para, and bleed

"Also trains the creature in the Pierce & Thrust mastery abilities"

I can't seem to find any information on Pierce and Thrust Mastery. Does anyone have any idea?

Biazen

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Encyclopedia Pawainica.... As always, thanks very much!

I think from what I've read up on the lion, I'll take out piercing with poisoning, and manually add AI.

Any suggestions on any poison skills to go along with that?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't have any Lions to look at. But first, I dont want to ruin yours, did you get a Lion with healing? If not, this will be your test Lion anyway. Here is the healing thread Pets with special healing

If it has healing then thats great.

Poison Breath does not Lethal poison things.

If it is available, Aura of Nausea is my favorite. Venomous Bite is second.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This sounds better because your pet gets hit less and hits the target more.

Aura of Nausea
Trains the creature in the Aura of Nausea area effect, causing nearby targets to suffer a reduction in swing speed, hit chance, defence chance and faster casting.

I also think this is good.

Venomous Bite
Trains the creature in the Venomous Bite special ability, causing the creature to poison all nearby targets.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This sounds better because your pet gets hit less and hits the target more.

Aura of Nausea
Trains the creature in the Aura of Nausea area effect, causing nearby targets to suffer a reduction in swing speed, hit chance, defence chance and faster casting.

I also think this is good.

Venomous Bite
Trains the creature in the Venomous Bite special ability, causing the creature to poison all nearby targets.
Thanks for the response. I wasn't looking at it from the "defensive" standpoint.

Biazen

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Yes, I was able to tame a lion with healing. Removing piercing, and adding poisoning opened up pretty much all special moves. I have chosen AI, and was thinking about Force of Nature. Has there been success in Force proc'ing and followed by a powerful AI? Of all the pets I've finished, this one has me scratching my head the most. Grasping claw sounds good as well. Finally, thoughts on Vicious Bite?

Thanks again!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not many pets get to have 2 Special Moves. Force of Nature sounds good but I have tried it on my archer and it does less damage than a normal hit so I have not put it on a pet.

You can be the first to document a test on it.

Force of Nature: Applies 15-35 delayed direct damage to the attacker. The attacker receives a damage increase of 50%-100% based on their strength. The attacker also applies a stun their target for two seconds which can be reduced by magic resist every 12th hit. Equipping the weapon will reset the hit count.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Grasping claw sounds good as well. Finally, thoughts on Vicious Bite?
Grasping Claw does work for a short time. You can test it on yourself when a Hiryu attacks you. Lions are 100% physical damage so It is a good pet type for that.

Vicious Bite is kinda hard to judge but it does show small damages for a period of time. It does hit more than 1 target. You can see when it uses it also.