• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pet's remaining loyalty

solo1981

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My Triton in the middle of the fight has just decide that it is better off without a master... He doesn't did any poof action and just become to do things on his own and surely i tried to tame him because there was many many i doesn't wanted to loose but he just died of monsters around and i couldn't to stop it and i couldn't to successfully tame him, he was angry and finally died on my eyes. So help me please to make a clue about pets loyalty:
on wiki resource according to Occurrence column there by the text is a not quite for me now status in "Displayed when a pet loses all remaining loyalty to its master, be it from being released or failed commands/line-of-sight checks.": a pet loses all remaining loyalty - what does it means and how i can be informed about it? My Triton was fat and was near about happy just a moment before and just decided that... My Animal taming and Animal lore skills were both 120 and only i was in commands with him was just commanding him without names calling such as "All follow me" or "All stop". I am fool and full trained pet has "Imho" about things around and nothing to do about it? Like my "All stop" and "All follow me" all the time had nothing according personal fully trained max X120 i spent and all i shall keep of him from now - What was that REMAINING LOYALTY of Triton i have lost by unknown reason and how i can work about my care of the pets after decision about which i have no clue or totally messed up about something there can be or just can't do anything about?!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Carry pet snacks with you all the time and check loyalty once in a while. A returning player lost his first built Cu because he did not know they will lose loyalty and go wild after tamed.

IMO this is a game feature that should go away.

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
An on-screen warning that your pet is about to go wild would be a nice addition.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
This really sucks, esp. if the Triton was full 120's!! Not a minor problem! Should be fixed. :sad2:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Just "Happy" is about half-way to going wild. You should feed a pet ANY time it falls from Wonderfully Happy to Extremely Happy. Don't wait longer than that.

solo1981

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just "Happy" is about half-way to going wild. You should feed a pet ANY time it falls from Wonderfully Happy to Extremely Happy. Don't wait longer than that.
i shall try! Thank you

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
IMO this is a game feature that should go away.
Nah. Why should it go away? There should be some form of consequence for trying to have a high end pet if you have a skill level that is barely on the cusp of control chances.. and that is what this mechanism is intended for. Not to mention never checking pet loyalty and feeding them from time to time is just laziness man...

An on-screen warning that your pet is about to go wild would be a nice addition.
I do agree this should be in place.

100%. An efficient tamer keeps their pets at Wonderfully.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I check my pets often using animal lore and most time you can hear the pet make a specific sound when you give it a command and it disobeys it. A pet disobeying a command will drop some in loyalty.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I check my pets often using animal lore and most time you can hear the pet make a specific sound when you give it a command and it disobeys it. A pet disobeying a command will drop some in loyalty.
Yeah.. I still have nightmares of the dang WW barking all the time when that was the must have pet

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry to hear all that training on your pet and then losing it. Thank you for posting and to the other players for responding.
I have been playing this game almost from the beginning, but with a warrior. I have about 10 pets that are about 19 years old, and I’m training my second tamer to 120 skills.
Reading all these helps to get a grip on the does and dont’s.
Riply