• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pets Gone Bad

U

uoBuoY

Forgive me if this already known...

I claim my Mare then my Rune (it happens with other pairs of pets as well). We PvM for while when after an particular "All Kill", the Mare becomes constipated and refuses to move a pixel, frozen in place, won't move to the target. She still casts but won't budge an inch. The Rune runs around happily obeying and fighting. As long as the target is still alive, I can't get the "Wonderfully Happy" Mare to obey any commands at all. After the target is dead, the Mare is, once again, a 99% perfectly obedient angel (120 Taming & Lore). This abnormal behavour continues until we recall out of the area. Only then does the Mare return to normal, at least until the next attack of constipation seizes her.

This has been happening for a few months and with different pairs of pets but never with a single pet. It doesn't bother me that much since I can fix it with a simple recall but...

Anyone else experience this?

The Mare is about 6 months Tamed, a 4.0 on the PPC and fully GMed. A very dark, long-maned Beauty!

K

Kazumi the Wild

It happens occasionally. They'll still melee, and still follow, but they won't move towards the enemy at all.

I'd suggest logging out then in. That might help. I know that its happened to me before (most recently, my greater drag), and that it isn't happening now.

I'd guess its a rare bug that fixes itself.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, it happens now and then, but it's easily fixed, just feed it, then give it a command.

Sometimes I'll leave mine stuck like this to train magery a bit.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aye, I've had that and just feeding the beast solves the problem just fine :)

Wenchy

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aye, another confirmation that it happens. I will add that it DOES seem to happen to my mares more than any other pet, and they need to be fed more often than my other pets.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Perhaps the pets that do this have fallen into a hole or are standing on a slight rise, but it's just not obvious to us. Or from their vantage point, there is another monster or pet blocking them from walking in a straight line to the monster they are attacking. There are also some pets (e.g., dread warhorses) that don't seem to want to share the space they are standing on with anything else. Maybe nightmares have also gotten picky that way.

K

Kazumi the Wild

Perhaps the pets that do this have fallen into a hole or are standing on a slight rise, but it's just not obvious to us. Or from their vantage point, there is another monster or pet blocking them from walking in a straight line to the monster they are attacking. There are also some pets (e.g., dread warhorses) that don't seem to want to share the space they are standing on with anything else. Maybe nightmares have also gotten picky that way.
This has happened to me in a Yew sheep pen (completely flat), and it happened 20-30 times in a row on targets with nothing between me or my pet and the sheep except MAYBE a sheep.

No, this is definitely a bug.