• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pets Going Wild Bug

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
It seems to me we have a new random bug that is causing certain pets to go wild. If they go wild, and you retame them and rebond them, they will go wild again. I've only noticed it in pvp. It doesn't happen to every pet, just random pets with no pattern I can discern.

If you have a pet go wild on you randomly, don't assume you just lost track of it's loyalty, and it failed too many commands. Please send in a bug report including the context it went wild in, and the kind of pet it is. Even details such as whether it was fully trained or not, and how long you've owned the pet might be helpful.

NinjaSampire

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have noticed specifically with nightmares. Has happened to me twice. One in yomatsu mines and then in humility at spawn. Both times with a nightmare.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Nightmares have always been cranky, they fail commands at a higher rate than any pet I know of, regardless of the supposed control chance, but this is something different and we need to get it fixed.

There are a lot of easter eggs hidden in the code with regard to pets, hidden skills and subtle differences in behaviours. This might be a bug in one of those behaviours.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I just got this in a mass message on ICQ. I think this is what is happening. I edited it to change it to "all follow" when the target is a player character. Please bug report the hell out of this.

When you're riding a pet that requires taming, and you give an "all follow" command to another pet you're controlling and the target is a player character ("all follow me" doesn't seem to cause problems), the pet you are riding will instantly go wild (but your other controlled pets won't.)

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
It's against any mob. The difference with me is that I dismount when I use my kill macro against mobs. I don't always do that with players.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
It's against any mob. The difference with me is that I dismount when I use my kill macro against mobs. I don't always do that with players.