• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pets at champs

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If a pet is off screen killing stuff, does it still count toward the spawn? Could I leave my cu on one side of barracoon spawn, and go work the other? Just curious.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Could that be considered an unattended pet if a GM showed up?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
*flips a coin*

Shouldn't... they have said time and time again multi-clienting is "not illegal". But, *shrugs* never know how things change from GM to GM lol

Multi-boxing? Yeah, that is supposedly illegal but..... *trails off*

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is about an unattended pet not multi clienting which is legal, multi-boxing is illegal, leaving pets unattended is or at least use to be illegal.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If a pet is off screen killing stuff, does it still count toward the spawn? Could I leave my cu on one side of barracoon spawn, and go work the other? Just curious.

You will see that message about valor gains when pet is off screen.

If 2 mobs that are provoked count, anything should count.

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It will not be illegal, as you are fighting the same spawn and tending to your pet - and left it there for one purpose wich you built it for, to fight with you. If it is off screen, it wont matter as you are ingame attending to that spawn and fighting it.
That is a tachtic that is often used on barracon spawn, I do it a lot - using my sw skills on other part than my dog is fighting to do maximum damage. And yes, you will gain as you are in same champ area.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It will not be illegal, as you are fighting the same spawn and tending to your pet - and left it there for one purpose wich you built it for, to fight with you. If it is off screen, it wont matter as you are ingame attending to that spawn and fighting it.
That is a tachtic that is often used on barracon spawn, I do it a lot - using my sw skills on other part than my dog is fighting to do maximum damage. And yes, you will gain as you are in same champ area.
Ty that's what I was going to do

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
And the other, much more painful question is: Will you lose LOS line of sight in that scenario, pet going disobedient, unhappy, then WILD? Oooops! There goes my uber pet with the 120 PS's?? Ouch! Esp if pet permanent dies tryin to do the spawn? Pretty nasty event! Wonder if it has happened to any1..(Read posts in here about lost pets, and you will see why the concern, and the pets did not even lose LOS reportedly but who knows..):oops:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That would depend on what a GM/UO says about how far from a pet you are allowed to be and still be considered attended. Go ask in the offical forum and see is someone in power will answer your question or keep doing what you are doing and hope for the best.

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
If no player is around pets or summons and monsters they stops fighting. Doesnt matter if its the owner or summoner though but a player must be nearby otherwise they stop fighting.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Echoing Chrille. If no one is around to see the fighting, the fighting stops (and you can tell by your valor messages not happening).