• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pets and the Armory

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been testing different pets in the Armory with a single character. I have noticed that sometimes the spawn is low and the rooms are easy to complete. Other times after a couple of the rooms are cleared, there is so much spawn it's impossible to survive.

Is this just RNG or could I be doing something that is increase the spawn so much?

Thanks!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think part of it is related to the speed at which you kill the initial spawn. The more spawn you leave up, when they finally are killed they have replacements spawn.

So, if you are initially getting 2-3 spawn and wipe them quickly, it takes longer to scale up to 4, 5 and 6 spawn than if you let extra spawn pop in from taking too long, and then it treats the old+new spawn as the current base spawn level.

Also, if someone has entered and exited without completing rooms recently, it sometimes causes later rooms to spawn higher than normal levels (usually this is a fountain problem but it appears to sometimes affect a fountain started shortly after someone bails on a bunch of fountains looking for an "easy" configuration.

Of course, both of these are based on anectdotal observation, not any actual deliberate testing.

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Move from room to room so you always kill of the spawn before it becomes to much in one room