• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Petra's training guide for imbuing, modified version (inc. R Traveler data)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The thread there has gone a little long with comments, so consolidating things here a bit.

Original test Used a gargoyle character with a crafted soulforge.
Modifications were more often than not done in Ter Mur, with different kinds of characters (not just gargoyles).

1. If a new character, set imbuing to 50 at creation, especially on SP/Mugen (but you will immediately start with a lack of components - easy enough to get to 40 on all other shards, so I suggest going the second route)
2. Otherwise purchase from an NPC artificer (40%) after training up to 25 skill (Unless on Siege/Mugen, where you have to work the entire way up from 0)
No gains off fails - only off successes. Gains under 25 can be from unraveling, and work like cooking gains (1 gain check per item, if using the bag, so you can get multiple multi-point gains from one bag of items).
3. Note that what gives gains for you, might be different from this chart or anyone else, due to combinations of character race, forge used, Power Scroll used, and what you perceive to by your optimum gain range,

0 - 25 Skill: unravel items (you'll need the residue you get from this, anyway).
Note: Residue returned will vary, and one can unravel items made of special material (so making junk with normal tools, with oak wood, and perhaps other crafter's stuff - experiment and find out!), are a good source; alternatively, make items with normal material using low-end runics, but some of the items will end up not unravelable until 50.1 skill, and then for Enchanted Essence). When Petra did this initial test during Beta, she got less than 500 Residue. When Basara did the same after the official release, using the Ter Mur public soulforge with a human, he got over 800 Residue, long before reaching 20 skill.

25 - 50 Skill: Imbue exceptional leather caps with reflect physical damage (preferably, make items with GM Arms Lore character, to increase difficulty). Suggest buying up to 40 skill from 25 at this point, if allowed on your shard.
Note: Recommendation is to unravel items after 1 success on each, to get residue back (will keep you training longer, if you have someone to supply you with the items to imbue). Alternative is to re-imbue each item the full 10 times, which will consume much more residue, but require less items to work with.

25-27 Skill: Imbue to 4%. cost 1 residue, 2 citrine.
27-30 Skill: Imbue to 5% rpd; citrine cost goes up from 2 to 3.
30-33 Skill: Imbue to 6% rpd; cost now 2 residue, 4 citrine.
33-37 Skill: Imbue to 7% rpd; cost remains 2 + 4.
37-40 Skill: Imbue to 8% rpd; cost now 2 + 5
Start point for skill bought up to 40.
40-43 Skill: Imbue to 9% rpd; cost 3 + 6
44-46 Skill: Imbue to 10% rpd; cost 3 + 6
46-49 Skill: Imbue to 11% rpd; cost 3 + 7
49-50 Skill: Imbue to 12% or 13% rpd; both cost 4 + 8

Starting at 50, Imbue hit dispel on Exceptional daggers; consider skipping one step (example: doing the 54-58 rank at 50-54), if using the Ter Mur forge, for better gains.

50-54 Skill: Imbue 2% Hit Dispel (base amount); cost is 1 residue & 1 amber.
54-58 Skill: Imbue 4%; same cost.
58-60 Skill: Imbue 6%; same cost.
60-62 Skill: Imbue 8%; same cost.
62-64 Skill: Imbue 10%; cost is 1 residue, 2 amber
64-66 Skill: Imbue 12%; cost 1 + 2
66-68 Skill: Imbue 14%; cost 1 + 2
68-70 Skill: Imbue 16%; Cost 1 + 3

At 70 Skill, one has two choices. Keep progessing on the daggers (one can get to 44% Hit Dispel using only residue & amber, and is at 4 residue, 8 amber at that point), or change to something that has Mage Armor as an automatic property (exceptional Plate Hiro Sode) and go back to adding Reflect Physical. The latter uses more ingots, but less resources, while also requiring a good talisman and (preferably) an Acient Smithy Hammer to make as exceptional reliably. It is left up to the person Training to make the call as to the desired route.

Dagger w/dispel route:

70-72 Skill: Imbue 18%; cost is 1 residue + 3 amber
72-74 Skill: Imbue 20%; cost 2 + 4
74-76 Skill: Imbue 22%; cost 2 + 4
76-77 Skill: Imbue 24%; Cost 2 + 4
77-78 Skill: Imbue 26%; Cost 2 + 5
78-79 Skill: Imbue 28%; cost 2 + 5
79-80 Skill: Imbue 30%; cost 3 + 6
80-81 Skill: Imbue 32%; cost 3 + 6
81-82 Skill: Imbue 34%; Cost 3 + 6
82-83 Skill: Imbue 36%; cost 3 + 7
83-84 Skill: Imbue 38%; cost 3 + 7
84-85 Skill: Imbue 40%; Cost 4 + 8 (anytime in the 84-87 range is a good time to switch to the Samurai plate method)
85-86 Skill: Imbue 42%; Cost 4 + 8
86-87 Skill: Imbue 44%; Cost 4 + 8

Starting at 87 add 2nd property (to daggers with 40%+ hit dispel & 36-40% DI); save the daggers for additional imbuing.
The property can be any of the Hit Area, but Hit Energy is the cheapest (gem cost)
87-89 Skill: 2% hit (energy) area;
89-90 Skill: 4%
90-108 Skill (increment one step each time a new xx.0 skill reached)

Start at 108 add 3rd property (to daggers with the hit dispel, hit area effect & DI on them)
108-109: Resist (any) 1%
109-120: Increment Resist amount added 1 step every xxx.0 skill, up to 12% at 119-120.

Resources used (without quantities) Magic residue, enchanted essence, citrine, amber, amethyst (this could have been any of the other gems relating to area effect or resist)
No mining gems, no lumber resources, no relic fragments.

Samurai Plate Route for 70-120 (From R Traveler and suggested modifications by others). Note: R Traveler has left gaps in his posts (and is currently at 109 of their own training, apparently), so I'm making best guesses to fill them, based on the obvious patterns.

Items: Exceptional Plate Jingasa (found in Helmets menu) recommended, but any of the SE Plate items will work.
These start out as Mage armor, so automatically are treated as 140% weighted property. Ingredient costs will be as for the leather caps done to the same amount of RPD. Note: due to the difficulty and cost of making these items TO imbue, one should imbue them all out to 10 times, before unraveling, and take the loss on the lost residue (the daggers are so cheap, it's best to imbue the one time, then unravel, until you get to the point of adding two properties).

70-72 Skill: Imbue 1% rpd (10 times)
72-74 Skill: Imbue 2% rpd (10 times)
74-76 Skill: Imbue 3% rpd (10 times)
76-78 Skill: Imbue 4% rpd (10 times)
78-80 Skill: Imbue 5% rpd (10 times)
80-82 Skill: Imbue 6% rpd (10 times)
82-84 Skill: Imbue 7% rpd (10 times)
84-86 Skill: Imbue 8% rpd (10 times) * (Suggested point for the people using Dagger method to switch to this one)
86-88 Skill: Imbue 9% rpd (10 times)
88-90 Skill: Imbue 10% rpd (10 times, or save for 90+)
90 Skill - two skill Imbues begin:
90-92 1st mod 10rpd (once), 2nd mod 1 lrc (9 times)
93-94 1st mod 11rpd (once), 2nd mod 1 lrc (9 times)
94-95 1st mod 12rpd (once), 2nd mod 1 lrc (9 times)
95-98 1st mod 13rpd (once), 2nd mod 1 lrc (9 times)
98-100 1st mod 13rpd (once), 2nd mod 2 lrc (9 times)
100-102 1st mod 13rpd (once), 2nd mod 3 lrc (9 times)
102-104 1st mod 13rpd (once), 2nd mod 5 lrc (9 times)
104-105 1st mod 13rpd (once), 2nd mod 7 lrc (9 times)
105-109 1st mod 13rpd (once), 2nd mod 8 lrc (9 times)
106-107 1st mod 13rpd (once), 2nd mod 9 lrc (9 times)
107-108 1st mod 13rpd (once), 2nd mod 10 lrc (9 times)
108-109 1st mod 13rpd (once), 2nd mod 11 lrc (9 times)
109: 3 mod imbuing begins
109-112 1st mod 13 rpd (once), 2nd mod 11 lrc (once), 3rd mod 1 luck (8 times)
112-113.5 1st mod 13 rpd (once), 2nd mod 11 lrc (once), 3rd mod 10 luck (8 times)
113.5-115 1st mod 13 rpd (once), 2nd mod 11 lrc (once), 3rd mod 19 luck (8 times)
115-118 1st mod 13 rpd (once), 2nd mod 18 lrc (once), 3rd mod 1 luck (8 times)
118-120 1st mod 13 rpd (once), 2nd mod 18 lrc (once), 3rd mod 10 luck (8 times)

and.. unraveling stuff made at 105-120 gives essence, you'll get enough to get 10x115 scrolls to combine them to 120 scroll.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
112-113.5 1st mod 13 rpd (once), 2nd mod 11 lrc (once), 3rd mod 10 luck (8 times)
113.5-115 1st mod 13 rpd (once), 2nd mod 11 lrc (once), 3rd mod 19 luck (8 times)

and.. unraveling stuff made at 105-120 gives essence, you'll get enough to get 10x115 scrolls to combine them to 120 scroll.

R

Radix

Re: Guide to Imbueing (Useing The least amount of Resources)

Ok ok, at end the lesser problem is imbuing or unraveling for magic residue/essence, speaking about money, the big inversion is the gems, from 50 to 65 i've bought more than 2 mill in gems, if it raises exponentially, cost to gm (not even saying legendary) will be a fortune.
I know some spots to farm monsters with gems, but it's quite few gems, like i.e. destard, all you spoke a lot about gaining skill and getting residue (thanks a lot), but very few about gems, any idea to minimize this cost o no way other than loot and vendors? :p

Thanks.

R

Radix

mmm, yeah, i suppose it's much cheaper get 500 essence than 50 relic, right?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

Ok ok, at end the lesser problem is imbuing or unraveling for magic residue/essence, speaking about money, the big inversion is the gems, from 50 to 65 i've bought more than 2 mill in gems, if it raises exponentially, cost to gm (not even saying legendary) will be a fortune.
I know some spots to farm monsters with gems, but it's quite few gems, like i.e. destard, all you spoke a lot about gaining skill and getting residue (thanks a lot), but very few about gems, any idea to minimize this cost o no way other than loot and vendors? :p

Thanks.
I've gotten from 40 to 60 skill on 100k gold worth of gems... What have you been training on?

See the tip involving the random gypsy camps of Ilshenar, in the new Imbuing Training Tips sticky. Play those right, and you will never have to pay over base price for gems again...

(P.S. I moved this over from the thread I locked, just to keep it active)

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

You can replace plate stuff to plate jingasa, its better for 100% except chance... Its why they hide it in helmets menu!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

It appears that in the last night or two, the re-instituted a lower bound for properties' total value, that makes some colored material items not unravelable, unless runic-made.

Oak items still can be unraveled, but others can't get ash, spined, Shadow iron, etc. to unravel. Anyone want to go do a test of all materials, at GM arms lore?

Remember, it takes the (including artifacts) section of the Unravel bag menu to unravel enhanced materials.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Test at 0/20 (human JOAT) arms lore:
None of the smith metal items could be unraveled.

All were exceptional: Platemail gorgets & daggers.

I need someone to repeat with GM Arms lore.

I also need someone with GM arms lore to test all 3 colored leathers, and all the woods.

So far, the only things confirmed that still unravel when made by normal tools are Oak weapons.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So there are about a dozen different ways to gain imbuing.

However, if you want to reduce the number of gems and imbuing resources you use - you should think in terms of multiple mods.

For less than 80 skill - I was working with ex daggers. I'd add 1-5% Fire Resist for the first imbue (1 Essence and 1-4 rubies) and then I'd add Hit Dispel 2-14% (1 essence and 1-3 amber).

Yes, the first imbue might take a few gems - but then for the second - 9th - it was usually 1/1 if I imbued the first correctly. Keep changing so that you are always around 50-50% chance to make.

Then once I got past 80 I started using DC runics to make ex daggers. Some weapons didn't work well so they just got unraveled - but those with the right mods allowed me to again put dispel 2-14% on em and use very little resources. I'm at 92 imbue now and have used about 6-7k amber and about 500-750 rubies. I've also burned about 10-15 DC hammers.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I did 7% fire and 2-4% hit fire area at 75, and I got to 76 in like 15 successful imbues that way. Very lucky streak, not that it normally gains that fast. I usually get one gain every 20 or so successful imbues.

This was on exceptional daggers with 36% DI (yup, no arms lore on my smith :/)

R

Radix

are you sure? i did try the yew bokutos and i dont remember any of these could be unraveled.
with 120 smith, 100 carpentry & 100 arms lore, + 20% excep taly and non-runic tools, as far as i know:

I can confirm, you can unravel bokutos from oak (only excepcional) for only residue and from bloodwood and i suppose from heartwood sometimes (it's random). Have to try frost, but anyway i have no by far so much frost, blood and heart that other types.

No ash even excepcional bokutos had enough magic to unravel.
Have to try blood and frost wooden shields (2 prop).

speaking of memory, i'll confirm later, i've been able to unravel excepcional golden armor (40 free luck, like oak bokutos, + mage armor if you made samurai), and i think i unraveled SOME dull copper armor, not sure.
All these yesterday, or 2 days ago.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Europa, right now on elf toon.
Yew exc bokuto - 5% hci, 50% di.
put to unravel bag, standing at home near crafted soulforge. unravel all on bag - as result 1 residue. somtimes 2 residue.

The Scandinavian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi there,

it seeems that some of the data has been changed.
Why is it better to burn more residues than more gems?

This burns 2 residues x 10=20 residues.

Before it said something like.
82-84 Skill: Imbue 6% rpd (1 times)lrc 1 (9 times)
This burns 2 residues 1 time and 1 resude 9 times.
Total 2+9=11 residues

Yes I am at pesky 84 something.
:thumbup:

Im in no hurry.
And btw, it is possible to make useful items at only 84.
I made a bracelet yesterday.
Magery 13
LRC 18.

Good enough for my brave crafter.
What else property would do any good on a crafter?

Regards
The Scandinavian

R

Radix

i have some ideas...
I think, +7 charisma, +15 bargain, and...which was the ability in neverwinter nights that you got discounts in stores? :D :D

Nice bracelet, i am going to make me another like that, reaching 70ish, aihob aihob!!

btw, what skill you need to get relics?

O

Old Man of UO

Only at 48 skill, but for faster low level gains as an elf/human

at 33-40 skill: Imbue +39 luck on NPC leather caps; cost 1 Residue +3 citrine
at 40+ skill: Imbue +1 luck on GM daggers; cost 1 Residue and 1 Citrine

Note - at 45 skill, the success rate on the GM daggers is about 33% and cheaper than using leather caps, and gains are fast. I actually started with high-30's skill and about 17% success meaning higher resource losses but gains on every success. It took about an hour to go from 33 to 48+ skill (which included time to make the GM daggers).

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The samurai plate method is pretty much R Traveler's material, with a few gaps filled in from unreported data. Taking the one-property method higher, even though there is a 2 property method cheaper, is actually more of a time-saving (and mouse-hand saving) compromise, at the cost of a few extra residue.

Being the mining addict I am, and knowing several sources of 8 GP iron ingots, I personally will NOT be going the "10 times" route on anything that is 1 property. It will be once, unravel, and grab a new bag, conserving residue (it helps having a bag of 10 low-end ashes for the crafting too). It's nice havign things where money can actually be thrown at the problem, and it work.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gained to 90ish too fast to realise cheaper early 2 mods route exist. 90% total resources used are 95-120 gains.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Gained to 90ish too fast to realise cheaper early 2 mods route exist. 90% total resources used are 95-120 gains.
....Are you kidding me? It can't take that much to get to 120. Jesus Christ, I'm too poor to ever max this skill.

A

Ash

Editting - can disregard rantings, my problem ended up being the enhanced client Custom UI wasn't counting Imbuing on total skill points, I had actually hit cap and didn't know because displayed I was at 654.9..

Removed text so not to cause any confusion with my idiocy for system problem.

Now off to find a skill to lower so I can finish training after I make up the 300 residue I lost training when at skill cap. :wall:

Nukeworker

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi there,

Im in no hurry.
And btw, it is possible to make useful items at only 84.
I made a bracelet yesterday.
Magery 13
LRC 18.

Good enough for my brave crafter.
What else property would do any good on a crafter?

Regards
The Scandinavian
Well it always bothered me that my +5 mining gloves had no lrc and physical reist and mage armor mods on it...so atm I put 18 lrc and some physical resists on those gloves...all I need is some abysmal cloth to put some mage armor mod on those gloves

R

Radix

great idea! ;)
buff, absolut properties like mage armor are too much expensive, better is already in the item :S

A

Asahina Yajinden

and.. unraveling stuff made at 105-120 gives essence, you'll get enough to get 10x115 scrolls to combine them to 120 scroll.[/QUOTE]

Where can you trade 10x 115 scrolls for a 120? or maybe i'm reading this all wrong?

Anakena

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

This guide can be made more efficient. Just take the following line :

"115-118 1st mod 13 rpd (once), 2nd mod 18 lrc (once), 3rd mod 1 luck (8 times)"

If you craft the 2nd mod with 15 lrc and then the third one with 15 luck you use less magical residue and amber for the same result (same difficulty), especially since at the 2nd mod you can already have failures.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

"115-118 1st mod 13 rpd (once), 2nd mod 18 lrc (once), 3rd mod 1 luck (8 times)"

If you craft the 2nd mod with 15 lrc and then the third one with 15 luck you use less magical residue and amber for the same result (same difficulty), especially since at the 2nd mod you can already have failures.
Is Imbuing broke right now? I am at 109.1 and used Traveler's guide. 2500 residue with only a .1 gain and unraviling gave me 2 residue per item imbued, not essance.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
102 and this is tough. Oak is helping me get through the burn as I would never be able to collect enough items to unravel otherwise.

The Scandinavian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Hi there,

yes you are right.There are other things than can be tweaked to reduce the incredible amount of used residues.

Petra and R.Traveler have made a great work so far,but its time for fine tuning now.

Regards
The Scandinavian

The Scandinavian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well it always bothered me that my +5 mining gloves had no lrc and physical reist and mage armor mods on it...so atm I put 18 lrc and some physical resists on those gloves...all I need is some abysmal cloth to put some mage armor mod on those gloves
Good idea,

I will do something similar with my mining gloves.

Regards
The Scandinavian

R

Radix

Where can you trade 10x 115 scrolls for a 120? or maybe i'm reading this all wrong?
i am getting essence since 50, the point is the stuff you unravel, i expect to get some relics when i reach 90 (soon).
You must join 10 115 ps with a scrollbinder, and you get a 120 ps.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i am getting essence since 50, the point is the stuff you unravel, i expect to get some relics when i reach 90 (soon).
You must join 10 115 ps with a scrollbinder, and you get a 120 ps.
Are you imbuing loot or GM made Weps/Armor? I am unraveling Imbued GM mage armor and at 109 I I have yet to recieve any essance, all residue.

R

Radix

Are you imbuing loot or GM made Weps/Armor? I am unraveling Imbued GM mage armor and at 109 I I have yet to recieve any essance, all residue
Both, usually i unravel gm oak bokutos and only get residue, when i go hunting with my warrior and come home with loot, it usually unravels both residue and essence, like all. The gm made stuff i imbue i think is no more getting essence when unravels.
Now i suppose you are speaking only about crafted items, i think that golden armor gave me some residue before last patches but with the blacksmith changes, it looks like R traveller said, much less good returns with your own crafted/imbuyed stuff.
I remember getting some essence with bloodwood, but it's the same that getting good stuff with bronce hammers. Last time i made dc runic crafted samurai armor it gave me some essence, but not sure it gives now, even post imbuyed.

The Scandinavian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well,

I would say that its good that get back residues instead of essense.
I have much more use of residues.

Essense I get enough of when I put death robes on nasty ones.

Regards
The Scandinavian

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Went out today and gathered loot with my tamer. 10 bags full of stuff that I will imbue then unravel.

Took one item with my Garg (109.1) to imbue and checked it with 1 luck in my house. Said I had a 71% to imbue. Soulstoned imbuing to a human (109.1) and checked to same item. It said I have a 64% chance.

Bottom line is I wish I had done imbuing on a human to train, to save some resources.
Will finish training on human then xfer it back to Garg for bonus and check all loot before unraviling.

legendsguy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i assume this is the right place to ask this... i don't have blacksmithing but i do have carpentry. as a new imbuer (40%), is there anything i can be making with carpentry to imbue that will raise my imbuing as swiftly as the items mentioned in the guide that are made of ingots? thank you.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Any of the places you see Daggers, you can substitute Bokutos, staff types or crooks, made exceptional (especially if you have arms lore on the carpenter)

The armor is a bit more problematic...

A

Asahina Yajinden

Are you imbuing loot or GM made Weps/Armor? I am unraveling Imbued GM mage armor and at 109 I I have yet to recieve any essance, all residue.
i unraveled jewelry tons of it!!! and i got very little residue (which i wanted) and almost all essence..... i was @ 80 skill am currntly @ 95

R

Radix

Hi, i was trying to imbue some potentially good weapons (currently at 95.1 garg), some from loot and some crafted, most of them like ** slayer, x di, hld/x , counting 3-4 mods, most of them imposible to imbue, some says i can`t imbue further that weapon, and some only let me imbue if i replace a mod by other mod, some simply give me 0% at minimun of each mod (trying to imbue mana leech and st.leech mostly), looks like crafted weapons and armor are much more difficult to imbue.

After trying about 10 items, i managed to imbue a looted sword with reptile slayer and 30 di with 50 hml and 20 stl, last one giving me 9.9% of success at public forge in termur (i was lucky and did it at first attempt), i expect it last more than a few hits :p

I had read that you can remove a mod, i know you can replace same groups mods, but how can you remove a not wanted property? (not decrease, remove)

regards

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Basara.

One Addition.

To save resources, I recommend imbuing the first prop twice during the double imbues and the middle prop twice during the triples.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
finally got off my butt and started working imbueing
(not really get off my butt, i worked throwing and mystasism first and second, now im on to the last new skill, imbueing)

thought id post what i did to get to 90 (which is where i am right now)
and how much resources it took me.

so i followed the posted gain guide (as follows) with the exception that i did luck daggers from 50-70 and just kept my gains between 40-60 all the way.

Start point for skill bought up to 40.
exceptional leather caps with reflect physical damage
40-43 Skill: Imbue to 9% rpd; cost 3 + 6
44-46 Skill: Imbue to 10% rpd; cost 3 + 6
46-49 Skill: Imbue to 11% rpd; cost 3 + 7
49-50 Skill: Imbue to 12% or 13% rpd; both cost 4 + 8
Dagger with Luck
50-54 Skill: Imbue (cant remember)% luck (10 times)
54-58 Skill: Imbue (cant remember)% luck (10 times)
58-60 Skill: Imbue (cant remember)% luck (10 times)
60-62 Skill: Imbue (cant remember)% luck (10 times)
62-64 Skill: Imbue (cant remember)% luck (10 times)
64-66 Skill: Imbue (cant remember)% luck (10 times)
66-68 Skill: Imbue (cant remember)% luck (10 times)
68-70 Skill: Imbue (cant remember = 29 ?)% luck (10 times)
Samurai Plate Route for 70-90
70-72 Skill: Imbue 1% rpd (10 times)
72-74 Skill: Imbue 2% rpd (10 times)
74-76 Skill: Imbue 3% rpd (10 times)
76-78 Skill: Imbue 4% rpd (10 times)
78-80 Skill: Imbue 5% rpd (10 times)
84-86 Skill: Imbue 8% rpd (10 times)
86-88 Skill: Imbue 9% rpd (10 times)
88-90 Skill: Imbue 10% rpd (10 times)
total cost in supplies
Magical Residue = 12k
Citine = 15k
Time:
2 hours last night.
4-5 hours today.
AND A LOT OF FRIGGIN' CLICKING OF THE MOUSE!!!!!

update
90 Skill - two skill Imbues begin:
90-92 1st mod 10rpd (once), 2nd mod 1 lrc (9 times)
93-94 1st mod 11rpd (once), 2nd mod 1 lrc (9 times)
94-95 1st mod 12rpd (once), 2nd mod 1 lrc (9 times)
95-98 1st mod 13rpd (once), 2nd mod 1 lrc (9 times)
98-100 1st mod 13rpd (once), 2nd mod 2 lrc (9 times)
total time for 90-100 4 hours.
total resources used from 90-100
Magical Residue = 7k
Citine = 3.5k
Amber = 2.5k

Update
100-110 using EX J Hats
100-102 1st mod 13rpd (once), 2nd mod 3 lrc (9 times)
102-104 1st mod 13rpd (once), 2nd mod 5 lrc (9 times)
104-105 1st mod 13rpd (once), 2nd mod 7 lrc (9 times)
105-109 1st mod 13rpd (once), 2nd mod 8 lrc (9 times)
106-107 1st mod 13rpd (once), 2nd mod 9 lrc (9 times)
107-108 1st mod 13rpd (once), 2nd mod 10 lrc (9 times)
108-109 1st mod 13rpd (once), 2nd mod 11 lrc (9 times)
109-110 1st mod 13 rpd (once), 2nd mod 11 lrc (once), 3rd mod 1 luck (8 times)
*** from 105 to 109 i mixed 50% of using 3rd mod of 13RPD/3LRC/LUCK 19-29 ***
total time for 100-110 4 hours Aprox
total resources used from 100-110
Magical Residue = 5k
Citine = 4.5k
Amber = 6k

Update
110-120 using EX J Hats
110-112 1st mod 13 rpd (once), 2nd mod 11 lrc (once), 3rd mod 1 luck (8 times)
115-118 1st mod 13 rpd (once), 2nd mod 15 lrc (once), 3rd mod 15 luck (8 times)
total time for 110-120 9 hours Aprox
total resources used from 110-120
Magical Residue = 10k
Citine = 11k
Amber = 5k

T O T A L ' S
total time for 40-120 = 23 Hours
total resources used from 40-120
Magical Residue = 34k
Citine = 34k
Amber = 13.5k

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i have a question.

when you work blacksmithing and tailoring the gain % changes as you eat higher level power scrolls.

example being bandaid and tailoring.
if you havnt eaten a power scroll you can only do bandaids up to like 90 or something.
but if you eat a 120 power scroll you can train bandaids up to 109.1

so, my question is..... when the skill gain chart above was made, was it made WITH or WITHOUT power scrolls taken into consideration????

and just to compare.
ive eaten a 110 scroll and im at 90 skill. for me to 1 LRC onto a item i have a 109.4 % chance to do it.
im interested to know what a person at 90 skill who HASNT eaten a scroll, what their chance to get 1% of LRC is, and converslly what a person who has eaten a 120 scroll, what thiers is.

was just thinking.

and doing a lot of that while working imbeing..... as i have a lot of time to think as i click..... click..... click.... click

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
never mind.
i checked with some guild mates and there is no difference in the % even if you have different scrolls eaten.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did 50-95 on newb garg char. soulstoned it to elf crafter and eat 115 scroll. At 110 I had enough essence to make and eat 120 scroll.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I want to thank everyone contributing to this guide. I used R Traveler's method with Anakena's input from 115-118. From 110 to 120 I used 9490 residue, 6596 amber and 8230 citrine.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
never mind.
i checked with some guild mates and there is no difference in the % even if you have different scrolls eaten.

typically, the difference in training ranges is unseen.

For example, for Tailoring and Blacksmithing, you can gain up to 100% success on items, without a scroll.
The same items can be gained on for 2.5 more skill (the equivalent of 105% success, but the display stops at 100%) if you use a 105 PS.
up to
10 skill points (120% chance of success before rounding down to 100%) over the 100% mark, if a 120 PS used.

The percentage chance of success is not affected - it's the unseen range where gains are best, and where gains are possible, that get expanded by PS use.

E

edaoust

Thank you for the training guide.

Maybe can the following help some people:
If you have a character good in Lumberjacking, able to harvest Oak wood, and also a GM Carpenter with a good talisman, you can make yourself a lot of Magical Residue.
Put some Oak wood (I used 150 boards) in an Unravel Magic Item Bag.
Use your Carpenter to make exceptional Quater Staff. You will find the items within the bag.
Give the bag to your Imbuing character and use it to unravel the items selecting Unravel All Magic Items.
You will get about 40 Magical Residue.

Best regards,

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.