• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Petition: Turn the Treasures of Tokuno back on - permanently..

• Thread starter imported_Velvathos
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Velvathos

Would anyone else agree?? The dyes have become super rare and super expensive along with other tokuno items, with the prices rising and the armor peices necessary for PvP these days, I feel as if they should be turned on.. The greatest thing about this event is that it got everyone out from Luna and everyone became active, and in Tokuno, a fairly deserted place... The prices on the Tokuno items have been skyrocketing with a weakened economy, peraphs if this event is perma, the prices would lower and that's a good thing..

Turn the ToT back on..

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would love to see it permanently but the devs introduced it in a way that some people don't want them to come back. They brought it back once though...even though they took out the best point and replaced them with lame boring ass colors.
I would love for them to add back the original colors, IN ADDITION to the new ones for people into those, and run the event seasonally once a year. That way people who want ToT can have it and those that are only concerned about the value of their virtual items will keep some value for the majority of the year when ToT is off.

I

imported_Velvathos

Har, I like the new colors... I never participated in either ToT event.. I would like to now though..

G

Personally I like it when they give us something new to do so while I wouldnt agree to have this on permanently I wouldnt mind if it was turned on annually for a month.

Also the last time EA turned for ToT2 we recieved metal dyes instead of the rare colored dyes, this is what made the original dyes so rare and expensive but I wouldnt be surprised to see these available on their store site soon though, since they made them available as a token for a promo gift in Japan and EA loves to get more money out of us from selling tokens

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have never used my original dyes as a result of them being so rare and unobtainable. I don't like the idea of using a charge and then getting an upgrade and having that charge wasted on an item that will just sit in a box in my house...So as a result I have 20 original hue bottles sitting unused in a box somewhere.

I'd be more tempted to use them if I knew I could at least, once a year get more.

G

I'd be very happy if they brought out a permanent ToT but with the last dye colours instead. I think too much of the blaze, luna white etc would only return us to the blobs of neon we had when they first came out
Though I don't have an issue with the more pleasant colours in that set, so perhaps a combined set would be acceptable.

Though I realise my taste in pleasant colours differs hugely from that of the WBB sitter types who like neon, I'm simply saying that I'd rather not be blinded a second time

Wenchy

G

No original colors, my full set is the only thing I have of any real value.

Other than that I would be ok with everything else if the drop rate were lowered. I really thought it was too easy to get the turn in items.

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

No original colors, my full set is the only thing I have of any real value.

Other than that I would be ok with everything else if the drop rate were lowered. I really thought it was too easy to get the turn in items.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not like the originals aren't available already? Just take a credit card over to the Japanese code store. Set aside your personal greed. It would still be quite valuable if they were available yearly. I have SEVERAL millions worth in unused dyes, I don't care if they were made freely available tomorrow. Once content is introduced, to pull it away is just wrong.

I

imported_Electrolyte

I wouldn't mind if ToT was permanent, but I think if it's on all the time, then the drop rate should be reduced by 30 to 40%

I however like the idea of an annual (or maybe even twice annually) month long ToT event... if that happens, leave the drop rate where it's been in the past...

as far as rewards go, I wouldn't be upset with either set of colors being included or not... or even some new dyes and items... I just think it's one of the funnest ways in rrecent history to get some good items, and know that if you put the time and effort in you will eventually get something you really want

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will not join this petition. There are enough good items in the world, no need to reduce the historical value of the ToT items by making them permanent.
Maybe the minor, but in this case there should there be no turn in of these items any more.
*Salute*
Olahorand

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

I will not join this petition. There are enough good items in the world, no need to reduce the historical value of the ToT items by making them permanent.
Maybe the minor, but in this case there should there be no turn in of these items any more.
*Salute*
Olahorand

[/ QUOTE ]

Credit Card. Japanese Code Store.
They are already available anyway, what's the big deal?

G

Nah.
Nothing should be perm.
In fact, I would like to hijack this thread to stop making anything perm and change it up.

Look at ilsh arties.

I

imported_Velvathos

<blockquote><hr>

Look at ilsh arties.

[/ QUOTE ]

5k each..

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Look at ilsh arties.

[/ QUOTE ]

5k each..

[/ QUOTE ]
Find me an alchy bauble for 5k. Riiiiight. The useful ones will always be worth something.

As for the ToT. They should use that system yearly with new rewards. They should also make the tokuno champ spawn drop 1 charge dyes and minors but that's a pipe dream.

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What do you care how it's worth? Minor arties are good for newer players to gear up faster. Just because you don't get them yourself doesn't mean other's don't.

G

Once or twice a year would be good or if permanent alter the drop rate. Definitely want the dyes back even if it's $.

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Once or twice a year would be good or if permanent alter the drop rate. Definitely want the dyes back even if it's $.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you can buy 3 original dyes at the Japanese code store for about $15 for a token that gives 3 50 charge bottles. Not sure if American credit cards work there though. Still, they should be made obtainable in-game again.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Set aside your personal greed.

[/ QUOTE ]Why does it have to be greed for me to feel that I don't want these things easily available again. We were all told by the devs that these items would NOT become available again and some of us put these aside as collectors items. Now, like usual, the devs go back on what they said and people like myself who have worked very hard to keep these items may end up getting the short end and people like you go on the attack. I could have sold the whole set for 100 mil (I was offered this amount) which is WAAAAAAY more than I have ever had, but I chose to hang on to them because I though they would be a neat collectors item. If this is greed to you than we have very different opinion on this matter and I hope in the future you will choose your word more carefully.

G

No.

Why?

Simple. Look at the value of virtually any of the Ilshnear Arties.

I'd prefer my Darkened Sky not turn into tomorrow's Cavorting Club, thankyaverymuch.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Set aside your personal greed.

[/ QUOTE ]

This game is all about greed.

Monopoly is pretty pointless if you let everyone stay in that swanky red Boardwalk Hotel for free.

If you think it's not about greed, hey, drop your house and give away all your items for the betterment of our avatar's enlightment. Please let me know when you are gonna do it, I need enlightenment.

J

Jerry Seinfeld

Bring it back. Why a set of artifacts stopped spawning is beyond me, especially when you can acquire them on test center by barking 'give arties'. In item-based UO with the value of gold in-game being so low and it costing unrealistically high amounts, it's unfair to everyone to tell them they can't get something just because they weren't playing (or weren't able to) at the time.

I'll never spend 10 million on a dye, and frankly, I don't have that much to spend on a dye.

Bring it back, it brings people together. There's structure in running this sort of drops everywhere in the game simultaneously, even if some of the items can't be turned in, I'd rather see an incentive for people to get in the game and do something instead of doing nothing.

I have two original ToT dyes, why? I don't play a massive damage dealing class or tamer and couldn't farm massive enough amounts to tout about a full set. Most people I know don't have a full set unless they're either rich or very fortunate.

The current worth on ToT arties exceeds most regular ones, this should not be the case.... why should we have to fork out 100 million gold, for example, just for a set of stinking dyes that do nothing but color stuff?

Do you know how long most have been trying to get a +20 magery?

Do you see the price on such items and how much they've skyrocketed?

Are we EVER going to be able to afford them?

To infer we should overvalue and never share more of these items that never should have stopped spawning (in the case of ToT) to begin with is truly selfish.

No, they're not true rares, items such as an open book or a Royal Britannian Guard sash is a true collectible, ToT has incited enough arguments stating 'too bad you weren't there' that I hope they make even MORE neon colors at this point just to annoy the greedy.

Why? Because I was there for ToT, I just wasn't able to drop my life to do nothing but farm.

I think the event brought out a lot of the best in people, moreso than the current 'time limited farm-fests' we currently engage in. However, as seen on these forums and in-game, it can bring out the worst in (some) people when we speak of bringing it back.

G

ToT had the advantage that a person could get very good items without needing to be super-powered or farming relentlessly. However, that has to be balanced by not having it on all the time or else the items would flood the game (by the end of the original ToT, I was finding people just dropping artifacts at the bank ... if only I'd realized ... *sigh*)

So I can't support turning it on permanently, but I do think that it makes a nice thing to see for a week or two every couple of years.

G

<blockquote><hr>

No! Its an Event that has been done to Death.

[/ QUOTE ]

AMEN!

My God, Tokuno is such a one-trick pony. It only is beat by T2A as the most neglected land in UO. Treasures of Tokuno was a wonderfully done event, but the devs keep it on permanent rerun instead of doing something else.

There's endless possibilities with the Asian Adventures genre. True it doesnt fit classic Ultima but lets give it its own history!

G

I would like it to come back but only once or twice a year that way it doesn't get boring. And as far as the original dyes go I have a set that I have saved and not used because of them being rare but I would have no problem with them bringing them back. I just feel like it wouldn't be fair of me to say just because I have hung on to mine that no one else should be able to enjoy having them too.

I

imported_Veganite

I agree that it should stay on but make the drops about 100 times slower. There were plenty of people getting drops of 5 to 10 an hour. The dyes could also only have 5 charges They should be hard to get but impossible.

G

A much better idea would be to add them to the Sleeping Dragon Champion Spawn. Ten minor artifacts would spawn for players who defeat the champion. There really needs to be a reason to do that spawn. To prevent over-farming the champion can only be done once per hour.

Also, add Alacrity scrolls to the Ilshenar champs.

G

Definatly totally for bringing it back FULL time.... not twice a year but year round all the time....... Though turning down the spawn rate drasticly... and For the love of all that's UO holy..... BRING BACK THE ORIGINAL dyes!!!!!!! Please.... those new one's a Ugly....... With a capital UGLY...... They are DULL and lifeless... even the grays aren't black..... so blah..... I personally would be happy if they toned to blue down some and made it more of a royal blue or a deep dark midnight blue..... doesn't need to be super neon.... But I'm happy with the old colors.... the newer ones were dull..... and the amount of charges made them not worth turning in 10 items for that's insane....

Anyway..... Totally for brining it back..... also for having SOMETHING come out of doing the champ there..... alacrity scrolls perhaps?????

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Would anyone else agree?? The dyes have become super rare and super expensive along with other tokuno items, with the prices rising and the armor peices necessary for PvP these days, I feel as if they should be turned on.. The greatest thing about this event is that it got everyone out from Luna and everyone became active, and in Tokuno, a fairly deserted place... The prices on the Tokuno items have been skyrocketing with a weakened economy, peraphs if this event is perma, the prices would lower and that's a good thing..

Turn the ToT back on..

[/ QUOTE ]
Erm, the pigments have dropped a lot in price in the past 2-3 months, due to them being given away 'en masse' on Asian shards. The Japanese promotional event where you would receive tokens (with every $xx purchase from the Asian online UO shop) that allow you to choose any Tokuno pigment (50 charges) has driven down prices, a lot.

My opinion:
It is fun that certain items take (a lot) of effort to obtain. If something is too easy it will lose its value, and thus the Tokuno colours will become for the plebeians.
The Japan promotional event was unfair towards the US/EU shards, but a similar event for western shards would completely ruin the prices.

Just leave it as it is, until most of the pigments have actually been used.

I

imported_Heartseeker

Turn it on.

Or better yet, give us a metal dye tub.

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They already set the precedence for making it a seasonal event. Once a year for a month and a half or so sounds fine.

G

Agreed.

Go even further and do a seasonal event for every facet, 1-2 month duration once per year, one facet event active at a time (count T2A as a facet for this purpose).

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Agreed.

Go even further and do a seasonal event for every facet, 1-2 month duration once per year, one facet event active at a time (count T2A as a facet for this purpose).

[/ QUOTE ]

One thing I like in WoW is that they have seasonal events for every month of the year. These events activate at the same time each year and end at the end of the month. So it keeps it fresh and fun. =D

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Here's an idea...

Turn it on, but only on the continents of Isamu-jima and Homare-jima (no more unattended orc/undead farming north of Zento).

Have the Original and TOT2 dye colors back as ONE-USE minors, instead of 50-use majors or 10-use minors.

These two changes would
1. Get more people to the less-traveled areas.
2. Keep the colors rare, while still available (and totally random).

M

mmmbeer05

id like to see alacrity scrolls given out at tot champs!! ish too btw

G

<blockquote><hr>

Turn it on, but only on the continents of Isamu-jima and Homare-jima (no more unattended orc/undead farming north of Zento).

[/ QUOTE ]
I disagree ... if you turn it back on, the main audience should be people who haven't been around very long (those of us who have been around 3+ years already had two cracks at ToT). These are people who many have only lightly developed characters who may or may not have encountered artifact-type drops before. To be meaningful to these people, it would need to be relatively easy (which is why I also lean away from ideas that would make them ultra-rare drops or champion spawn drops).

Perhaps it could be weighted to have drops grow rarer the more an account has earned so that farming has diminishing returns?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There are a number of challenges for the the younger characters near the moongates on the other continents.

Anything from Gamans, to Kappa, to Earth eles, to the occasional Yomutsu. There are even Brown bears, Llama and other small critters at Homare gate, most (like the Gamans) produce leather (get a load of leather, step through the moongate, drop in back, come back and repeat - or even put fencing and tailor on the same template, at least temporarily, and kill and cut the gamans with a Butcher's War Cleaver, and train tailoring/fill BODs as you go)

The problem in the past is that experienced players (often ones using unattended characters) HOGGED the Makoto-jima easy spawns instead of leaving them to the less experienced. Now, if there was some way to make the drops calculated differently in that desert (in such a manner to favor melee, bard and magery characters - most of the Unattended types were using pets set to guard), I'd be all for it. But it would be easier to code the island out, and increase the spawn of the lower-end stuff on the other islands.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Turn the ToT back on..

[/ QUOTE ]

/signed

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think perhaps it should be a once a year thing.

Dyes... maybe make the neons once every 2 years. Keep the value up.

G

Yeah I have always thought that a once a year activation would work well for these. The market for them would always be decent.

G

RTLFC

Yeah. Make the 3rd+ Tier of the Tokuno Champ Spawn give Tokuno Minor Artifacts, and have Serado the Awakened have a chance of giving out a few Tokuno Major Artifacts.
Make Ilshenar Champ Spawns give Alacrity Scrolls as well.