• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pet Taisty Treats... Are they broke?

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Talking GM cook made... stackable... from mass amounts of fish.

Some reason I saw my dog eat and get the bonuses from the first few I tried. Seeing this, I collected MASS amounts of cut fish and made stacks of treats.

However, every time I go to feed the dog, it turns its head and shakes her head "no".

What's the deal?

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
any pet should eat tasty treats, and it boosts their stats for 20 minutes, or until they die.

the only thing i can think of is the 2 minute cooldown, that goes on even if the pet has died.

there are also bugs where buffs and debuffs don't go away.

try letting the dog die, and then feeding it again

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
any pet should eat tasty treats, and it boosts their stats for 20 minutes, or until they die.

the only thing i can think of is the 2 minute cooldown, that goes on even if the pet has died.

there are also bugs where buffs and debuffs don't go away.

try letting the dog die, and then feeding it again
Thats very odd... but considering the broken/bug issues that are out of control? I'd believe it. I've lost the dog in battle 2x yesterday and it didnt change anything.

And considering what dogs eat (in life)? No one could be a bad cook. :) What cats make, they eat. lol

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
so if you have had the dog out for 20 minutes and it died twice, and it still wont eat a tasty treat(not the khaldun one) then i would page a gm and show them the dog.

all pets should be able to eat them, even hoppers around luna can eat them(thats all they can eat)

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
The only craftable Tasty Treats are the Khaldun Tasty Treats, which were used to Caddellite infuse pets so they could kill the enemies inside Khaldun during the Halloween event. They did/do not provide a stat buff. A pet will only eat them if they are crafted with Caddellite Infused Fish Steaks, and crafted at the camp outside Khaldun.

Normal Tasty Treats come from a quest in Ter Mur and as loot from Treasure Hunt Treasure Chests. These will increase a pet's stats by 5% for 20 minutes.

Tasty Treat - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

My guess is you had a couple normal tasty treats, which you gave to your pet (which they correctly ate), then crafted a bunch of Khaldun Tasty Treats (which the pet wouldn't eat because they weren't crafted with Caddellite Fish).

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Would be nice if we could cook tasty treats. :D

If you made a lot of the Khaldun tasty treats you can use those as pet snacks for any pet when they need to be made happier. Comes with a 30 minute timer icon.

Have to make them at the camp for the pet to eat them.

Last edited:

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only craftable Tasty Treats are the Khaldun Tasty Treats, which were used to Caddellite infuse pets so … (and so on)
They are normal Khaldun Tasty Treats, NOT the Caddellite. NOT the loot ones. The player crafted ones... made by a GM cook.

And no, Draza... I dont have a dog that will bite it after 20 mins of battle. As of yesterday, I now have a 5/5 new-spawn dog, fully trained with a few power scrolls. It kills Miasma double as fast as my most powerful dog (pre-patch without PS help). Can kill a swoop without a single bandage, but not "fast"... so its not a scrub dog.

So far, and I mean no offence, no one has offered a logical reason why these crafted treats are not doing a single thing. I'm starting to think its a glitch or bug, as we have SO many in game. Something that was designed to work 1 way but doesnt work at all. I see these on sale on vendors... as I have them for sale too... and I sure hate selling something totally useless.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOL she either has many on her ignore list or she dont read well.

Some one she can see needs to tell her the crafted treats do not give a pet any buffs. And the crafted ones need to be crafted with a least 1 cadellite fish steak and crafted at the Khaldun camp before a pet will eat them as plain food.

Also her toon can eat the ones she made.

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
They are normal Khaldun Tasty Treats, NOT the Caddellite. NOT the loot ones. The player crafted ones... made by a GM cook.

And no, Draza... I dont have a dog that will bite it after 20 mins of battle. As of yesterday, I now have a 5/5 new-spawn dog, fully trained with a few power scrolls. It kills Miasma double as fast as my most powerful dog (pre-patch without PS help). Can kill a swoop without a single bandage, but not "fast"... so its not a scrub dog.

So far, and I mean no offence, no one has offered a logical reason why these crafted treats are not doing a single thing. I'm starting to think its a glitch or bug, as we have SO many in game. Something that was designed to work 1 way but doesnt work at all. I see these on sale on vendors... as I have them for sale too... and I sure hate selling something totally useless.
The reason was given clearly.

Only the Tasty Treats from Treasure Map Chests or from the Ter Mur quest will give your pet the 20 minute stat increase.

Crafted Tasty Treats of any kind do not do anything for your pet unless they are Caddellite crafted. If you craft the "Khaldun Tasty Treat" without caddellite fish, it is a worthless item, it serves no purpose. Pets will only eat the caddellite infused tasty treat, but it does not stat buff your pet.

It does not matter if they are made by a GM cook or not.

There are no crafted Tasty Treats that will give your pet a stat buff.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Only the Tasty Treats from Treasure Map Chests or from the Ter Mur quest will give your pet the 20 minute stat increase.

Crafted Tasty Treats of any kind do not do anything for your pet unless they are Caddellite crafted. If you craft the "Khaldun Tasty Treat" without caddellite fish, it is a worthless item, it serves no purpose. Pets will only eat the caddellite infused tasty treat, but it does not stat buff your pet.

She has me on full ignore and you on partial ignore. :)

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Then why bother having them craftable? Is it 100% pointless?

I dont see the logic of making treats (on the cooking menu) if they have zero point. Its not that I believe this is an oversite or pointless by design... however look at all the fish pies, the enchanted apples, fruit baskets, grapes of wrath... and so on. Those actually do something. Otherwise, making treats is just a waste of fishsteaks. Logically, there has to be some kind of point... in theory.

Sweetpeez

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The only craftable Tasty Treats are the Khaldun Tasty Treats, which were used to Caddellite infuse pets so they could kill the enemies inside Khaldun during the Halloween event. They did/do not provide a stat buff. A pet will only eat them if they are crafted with Caddellite Infused Fish Steaks, and crafted at the camp outside Khaldun.

Normal Tasty Treats come from a quest in Ter Mur and as loot from Treasure Hunt Treasure Chests. These will increase a pet's stats by 5% for 20 minutes.

Tasty Treat - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

My guess is you had a couple normal tasty treats, which you gave to your pet (which they correctly ate), then crafted a bunch of Khaldun Tasty Treats (which the pet wouldn't eat because they weren't crafted with Caddellite Fish).

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran

I dont see the logic of making treats (on the cooking menu) if they have zero point. Its not that I believe this is an oversite or pointless by design... however look at all the fish pies, the enchanted apples, fruit baskets, grapes of wrath... and so on. Those actually do something. Otherwise, making treats is just a waste of fishsteaks. Logically, there has to be some kind of point... in theory.
There is a point... to caddellite infuse them for the Khaldun dungeon... that was their sole purpose, hence "khaldun tasty treat"...

Sweetpeez

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

Khaldun Event! demz hab to beez made fur da petz to attack in khaldun. Now itz nerg needed anymore.

(hehe meez at DOND und furgot to hit send!)

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED

Exactly what he said. Also the fact that you can craft non-cadellite infused treats, is simply a glitch, something that was not supposed to happen. Anyways would not discuss this any further, since I can see a nerf mobile in the corner about the cadellite tasty treats..mums the word..nuff said.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Exactly what he said. Also the fact that you can craft non-cadellite infused treats, is simply a glitch, something that was not supposed to happen. Anyways would not discuss this any further, since I can see a nerf mobile in the corner about the cadellite tasty treats..mums the word..nuff said.
NO. You were not supposed to craft things outside the Khaldun Camp to use in Khaldun. The ones crafted somewhere else will be refused by your pet. The same thing happened with weapons that were not crafted in the area or did not use infused resources.

The devs intentionally left the camp in tact and you can still get infused resources in T2A. I do not know why they did that but maybe so players can get the cool blue Gumshoe ID necklace.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It would be nice if they actually turned that back on for the champ.

Give a harder to do champ better rewards because of the needs for cadellite instead of a once off event.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It would be nice if they actually turned that back on for the champ.

Give a harder to do champ better rewards because of the needs for cadellite instead of a once off event.
You can still do the spawn and champ in Khaldun. The Tram one still gives masks and the Fel one gives normal scrolls. You do not need infused weapons now.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Never understood the ignore feature. I'm fully capable of ignoring folks all on my own :) I havn't even put mervyn on ignore lol