• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pet summoning in Ilshenar

C

Coppelia

Publish 55 :
"Players can no longer summon pets via the pet summoning ball in Ilshenar"

What do you think about it?
I don't understand why we shouldn't be able to summon our pets in Ilshenar. I don't associate pet summoning to recall/gate. I don't know, it was just a more comfortable way to go to a hunting spot without dragging your pets all along the way.
Since the BoS change, hunting in Ilshenar is not very practical, but I don't understand why making it even less pratical? Were we overpowered in PvM? ('cause apart for Siege, Ilshenar is PvM only)

I don't understand where does that change come from... :sad4:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think we were ever supposed to be able to summon them in actually, we've been enjoying the benefits of an unfixed bug, if I understand correctly.

The recent changes to pet commands does make it easier to take a pet through hostile territory without losing it, plus there are three places that I know of in Ilshenar where you can claim a pet from the stable. Admittedly they're all in roughly the same area. Maybe it would be possible to ask for these to be more evenly spaced through the facet, or even a couple of additional ones to be added.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It wont have any effect on me, as I mostly have just given up on Teleport/Recall in Ilshenar anyway. It is just way to inconsistent to know when I can or can not.

S

Sarphus

I think it was a waste of dev time if it took much time to change. Especially when you consider you can just relog to get your pet (presumeably)

UO Relic

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can still take your pet out of stable but leave him in a safe location, run to safe spot close to where you want to hunt in Ish and log out/in now your pet will be beside you. This way still saves time than trying to drag your pet thru some areas.

S

Shanna

It does seem like an unnecessary change. When I use my greater dragon to hunt, I hope on my ethy, runto the hunting grounds, and summon. Now, in order to run to the grounds, I can do it with a slow pet that gets caught on everything or just run on foot which takes a while.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It does seem like an unnecessary change. When I use my greater dragon to hunt, I hope on my ethy, runto the hunting grounds, and summon. Now, in order to run to the grounds, I can do it with a slow pet that gets caught on everything or just run on foot which takes a while.
This is one of the big issues for me, the seemingly constantly getting hung up on something.

The ability to summons the pet was, as first glance, an apparent solution to this problem for me. The realities of the limited places you can summons a pet and the total inability to predict (I know you all know them by heart by virtue of being in the game when it happened) when and were I can summons a pet, has just simply put that ability on the side for me (as in unused).

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was kind of surprised to see this listed in the publish notes because I could have sworn pet summoning balls didn't work in Ilshenar. Did they inadvertently start working there, someone realized it and this changes things back to how they were?

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You couldn't summon a pet when it was in Ilshy, but you could park it at a moongate and run where you need it, then summon said pet. I think that's the bit which was changed.

I don't mind it, you don't have to run that far to get to different areas in Ilsh and now pet AI is working, it's much easier to pull pets past spawn too. I think it's better that than having pets standing losing loyalty while owners go to a hunt spot. Maybe they were getting too many pages about pets going wild or something.

Wenchy

C

Coppelia

Well that won't help if the solution is to let the pet out somewhere, go to hunting spot and log off log in to get it at your feet. If the problem really was pets going wild while waiting at the moongate to be summoned, they should have let pets being summoned from stable to Ilshenar.
I think it's more related to someone believing it's a good idea to link pet summon and recall and some random guy years later who saw that it was still possible to do it in Ilshenar and took the initiative to remove the possibility.

Well, whatever. I'll relog if I need to get a slow pet to a far hunting spot. Devs fail again.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well that won't help if the solution is to let the pet out somewhere, go to hunting spot and log off log in to get it at your feet. If the problem really was pets going wild while waiting at the moongate to be summoned, they should have let pets being summoned from stable to Ilshenar.
I think it's more related to someone believing it's a good idea to link pet summon and recall and some random guy years later who saw that it was still possible to do it in Ilshenar and took the initiative to remove the possibility.

Well, whatever. I'll relog if I need to get a slow pet to a far hunting spot. Devs fail again.
That's absolutely true, although I'd guess that they wanted us to walk pets through and forgot about the re-log pet summoning thing. Or that's also getting fixed. With EA prediction is futile these days lol.

Wenchy

Anakena

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's absolutely true, although I'd guess that they wanted us to walk pets through and forgot about the re-log pet summoning thing. Or that's also getting fixed. With EA prediction is futile these days lol.

Wenchy
I have always thought it was funny that in an online game, sometimes the best way to control a pet was to log off:bdh:

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's the UO equivalent of a timeout :D Just a pity my RL pup thought when mum went into the next room, she was free to cause more trouble unsupervised. I'm glad my greater draggy doesn't think like my pup ;)

Wenchy