• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pet stuck and can't move.

Mrsbug

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
My rune beetle got stuck in the floor and couldn't move, after doing belfry, the dragon kept pushing us off the tower, it pushed my rune beetle into the floor tiles. Took the gm to come and fix it. Roof can't be done with a tamer!

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Did you log in and out? That usually works....and I ONLY do the roof with my tamer, my pet has never gotten stuck like that! But it happens..usually logging in and out does the trick...especially if you run away from the spot where it's stuck.

Mrsbug

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Did you log in and out? That usually works....and I ONLY do the roof with my tamer, my pet has never gotten stuck like that! But it happens..usually logging in and out does the trick...especially if you run away from the spot where it's stuck.
I logged in and out and move to different area's, I even tried to attack it, it wouldn't do damage. Finally I took it to dastard to kill it, that's when the GM came and fixed it. They changed Roof and now the dragon pushes you off and your pet off.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
The dragon has always pushed the pet off...I usually use my dragon for that room because it's easier to get it up there...and he gets pushed off A LOT...very annoying! But easy enough to get it back up there.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Have you also tried feeding the pet? For us sometimes the pet seems stuck in one position and then feeding it seems to "release" it from it's spot.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Have you also tried feeding the pet? For us sometimes the pet seems stuck in one position and then feeding it seems to "release" it from it's spot.
This ^^^

Usually it is a ridable pet. But I use mostly those. They also lose loyalty as you spam commands at them. Really annoying if it in a crowded place and your pet just decides to take a break while everything is chasing you around.

When you feed them they follow the last command.

Mrsbug

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
After posting this post, this has happened to other players and their pets. Nothing but a gm will help fix this.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
@Mrsbug You might get more attention for this problem over on the Official UO forum, the Devs seem more likely to respond over there. :)

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah that's very strange because I tested this with multiple pets and didn't have this issue at all...Dragon, Cu and Turtle...Dragon is the only one I can get up there without killing the drakes so I tested both ways...and while I and my pets were pushed off we never got stuck, though there are some tiles in that room that are a bit wonky.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Well I was finally able to replicate this! YAY!!! not really....lol

Posted it on official forums and sent an e-mail. Spellbound was with me and his dragon never got glitched thankfully! My Cu was pushed off and got stuck in mid-air

StuckPet.jpg

so logged out and back in to get him but now he won't follow..he stops, he stays....but won't come or follow...fed it, invised it, stabled it...no go...so he's glitched until I get him fixed...:(

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So yall talked Bleak into changing something that worked fine. And now cant even get to the roof.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So anyone keeping track of the number of bugs that this bug fix publish has caused? Just curious :)

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Maybe as @Larisa said it's the wonky tiles that need fixing? I'm not saying I'm for or against this change as I don't play a tamer, but I can see how it's making people annoyed. Anything that makes the game less fun and more frustrating is not a good change, in my opinion...

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Maybe as @Larisa said it's the wonky tiles that need fixing? I'm not saying I'm for or against this change as I don't play a tamer, but I can see how it's making people annoyed. Anything that makes the game less fun and more frustrating is not a good change, in my opinion...
Yeah I haven't seen any reports of anything buggy or bad happening in the Belfry prior to the publish..maybe they've gotten bug reports e-mailed to them? But when me and my guild do shadowguard..sometimes we did it the right way killing drakes and sometimes we did it the *wrong* way by taking dragons and never having to kill a drake...never had any issues completing the room but line of sight issues are HUGE in this room....there's one tile on the east side that's higher then the rest, sometimes if you walk too far away from the platform it appears to disappear, you can't see the Greater Dragon at all it just looks like an empty platform...and if you're on the ground and trying to heal your pet that's up there you have to be standing in JUST the right spot or you can't see it....maybe because of the other exploits that have been reported it's having an unwanted side effect.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I think you might be right about those unwanted side effects! Hopefully this problem with wonky floor tiles will be sorted before it goes live on all shards.
I play a Mystic and getting an RC up there, in the Belfry, can be quite the challenge, it's just a constant recast and try to find a little spot, it's really tedious! I don't know how the changes will affect guild hunts yet as we are on Europa. :confused:

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
It says in the publish notes that it's been fixed...since the publish goes live today I am hoping people will test it on other shards to see if, in fact, it really is fixed. I won't have time to test it until later...and it did seem that only non-flying pets were effected.

We have also updated TC1, Origin, Baja, and Izumo addressing issues we found related to fixes for Shadowguard. These updated changes will be released world wide as well on the 28th.

Schatzi

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nope still broken!!! It is not fixed as of right now. Pets are still getting stuck...flying and non flying

Amamos

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
This ^^^

Usually it is a ridable pet. But I use mostly those. They also lose loyalty as you spam commands at them. Really annoying if it in a crowded place and your pet just decides to take a break while everything is chasing you around.

When you feed them they follow the last command.
any idea how to replicate this stuck bug?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Usually do it while fighting and won't go to next target. I have not had it happen in a while.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If we're necroing,
I wish that the greater dragon did not do the "push" thing at all;
and/or the drake feather thingy lasted 20 minutes and did not get consumed by use;
and/or every drake had a feather.

"But Laura, that would make this encounter too easy!"
Sure it might, but on the other hand this would make it so that people other than tamers with flying pets would participate. The way things are now, this is a big flying kludgefest, sheesh.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If we're necroing,
and/or the drake feather thingy lasted 20 minutes and did not get consumed by use;

Sure it might, but on the other hand this would make it so that people other than tamers with flying pets would participate. The way things are now, this is a big flying kludgefest, sheesh.
But the whole wonderfulness of the roof is that it takes various templates

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If we're necroing,

I have never seen anyone do the Belfry with a flying pet.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I have never seen anyone do the Belfry with a flying pet.
As I stated 4 years ago lol I only do Belfry with a drake or dragon. Stand on one side, all stay, go to other side, all follow me, all stop when it's up there. Easy.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I guess when Cus fly they will do that on LS.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Was made before the pet revamp. Maybe it was intended for greater dragons.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I like trained Frost Drakes for the belfry. With a disco tamer in the group it goes down pretty quick.