• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pet Stat Loss

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I just took my Triton out of stable. Animal lore screen shows:
665 STR
152 DEX
350 INT
*It's been that way for 15+ minutes and not fighting anything.

If I pull up the training menu it shows:
700 STR
160 DEX
368 INT

Any ideas to fix this? All resists and skills are showing correctly, it's just those 3 stats that are messed up. Someone in guild said to kill it, but I'd rather not suffer skill loss. Any ideas?

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I just took my Triton out of stable. Animal lore screen shows:
665 STR
152 DEX
350 INT
*It's been that way for 15+ minutes and not fighting anything.

If I pull up the training menu it shows:
700 STR
160 DEX
368 INT

Any ideas to fix this? All resists and skills are showing correctly, it's just those 3 stats that are messed up. Someone in guild said to kill it, but I'd rather not suffer skill loss. Any ideas?
I had to kill mine also. It fixed it. Also there's a bug where your pet gets stuck in disco and I couldn't solve that without killing it too. I did page a GM but after 2 hours I gave up.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I killed him, stats are still messed up. :( 0.1 skill loss for nothing. Paged GM..so far no response.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good evening Southpaw, sounds like you have run into the recoil bug.. it normally happens when you log out before a tasty treats time is up..or crossed a server line at sea with a buff or debuff on the pet.. the good news that often these pets just need a good shard restart to be good as new.. Ive had 1-2 stay that way for a day or so..but they always turn back after a restart or two...so don't lose heart .. luckly the tritons are high enough stats value that you didnt get hit with the perma verson of this... where the stam stay at 143.. .. hope this helps mate.. don't lose heart.. it should auto correct in the morning.. if not the next day.... hope this helps..and that you have a delightful day. =^-^=

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Good evening Southpaw, sounds like you have run into the recoil bug.. it normally happens when you log out before a tasty treats time is up..or crossed a server line at sea with a buff or debuff on the pet.. the good news that often these pets just need a good shard restart to be good as new.. Ive had 1-2 stay that way for a day or so..but they always turn back after a restart or two...so don't lose heart .. luckly the tritons are high enough stats value that you didnt get hit with the perma verson of this... where the stam stay at 143.. .. hope this helps mate.. don't lose heart.. it should auto correct in the morning.. if not the next day.... hope this helps..and that you have a delightful day. =^-^=
You were right Donavan! At server up this morning he was back to normal, and it probably did have to do with a tasty treat. I don't normal have a bunch of tasty treats but with the treasure hunt revamp going on I have a few.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good morning, I'm Glad it worked out.. yeah sadly that tasty treat recoil bug is one that has hit many min maxing tamers(tamers that do everything possible for max damage).. If you ever use a tasty treat always make sure that you will be online for the full 20 mins of its duration(don't long off while tasty treat is active on a pet).. as if you log off before its timed out that recoil can happen.... and while normally a server reset fixes it.. in pets that are 150 dex and 150 stam from time to time the reset snap saves the 143 dex and lowers the stam to 143 on reset.. ..so after a reset the dex returns to 150 but the stam stays at 143 causing a perma 5% swing lose in that pets.. I have a few pets that have been hit with that.. they are still good pets.. but no longer the best they could be as that 5 % swing goes a long way.. I'm hopeing others see this post and are saved from this bug as it has knocked more then a few pets down a peg or 2 in the last year and some change.. Once again I'm happy it worked out for ya mate.. and that others will take this to heart when using tasty treats and will send in bug reports when it happens to them as its a silly bug that still effectives many fine pets to this day... Thanks for sharing the good news with us mate.. and have delightful day.. =^-^=