• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pet Slots Questions

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Have the devs ever revealed their thinking or logic (if there is any) in deciding how many slots an animal starts with and how many slots it can train up to?

Seems like there are quite a few major discrepancies where you have some 2 slot animals that spawn with more HP/STR than some 3 slot animals. Also situations where you have 1 slot animals that after being trained up have significantly more training points than animals that start at 3 slot.

To avoid any potential nerfs I don't want to name any specific animals here.

Just trying to understand slot limits because it's creating situations where most people want to use the same ~3-5 pets and it limits variety in the game. Maybe I'm wrong, but the system doesn't seem to take into account inherent training points, which seems pretty messed up to me.

There are certain animals, quite a few in fact, that there is virtually no point in taming because they will never be anywhere close to as good as the top 3-5 pets.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Have the devs ever revealed their thinking or logic (if there is any) in deciding how many slots an animal starts with and how many slots it can train up to?

Seems like there are quite a few major discrepancies where you have some 2 slot animals that spawn with more HP/STR than some 3 slot animals. Also situations where you have 1 slot animals that after being trained up have significantly more training points than animals that start at 3 slot.

To avoid any potential nerfs I don't want to name any specific animals here.

Just trying to understand slot limits because it's creating situations where most people want to use the same ~3-5 pets and it limits variety in the game. Maybe I'm wrong, but the system doesn't seem to take into account inherent training points, which seems pretty messed up to me.

There are certain animals, quite a few in fact, that there is virtually no point in taming because they will never be anywhere close to as good as the top 3-5 pets.
Short answer, because I am at work, it's all about intensity. Every animal has an intensity value, kind of like armor or weapons. And it follows along the same line as training weights.

Each slot now has an intensity cap. Once a pet goes over that intensity cap it goes up a slot. That's why new 2 slot nightmares can only have around 300 str max (depending on other stats) and legacy have 500.

Magery and necromancy have a very high intensity cost. This is why pets that have 1 point necromancy or innate Magery some people think of them being short on points.

Pets with access to no real magical abilities tend to have higher starting stats.

Some innate abilities, like healing, appear to have little or no weight.

Many people are under the false assumption that if a pet doesn't have least six or seven hundred hits they aren't good pets or not viable.

I'll be posting a more in depth article on our website about intensity and animals later this week.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you for your reply.

Now I'm wondering why necro has such a high "intensity value."
500 for Spirit Speak skill 500 for Necromancy skill. 500 for the magic. If they have it

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's 1000 for spirit speak/eval

500 necro/Magery.

1 point to activate magical

1501 total intensity.
Holy cow SS and Eval are 1000!!! Thats where we should start. Call that a bug and have them change it.

I Just knew it was 1501 for a Nightmare to get Necro and 1501 for a Reptalon to get Magery.

Why is SS eval so high!?

upload_2018-7-9_17-43-20.png