• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pet revamp

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hi all I'm back giving EJ a try after a year away, and I'm itching to try the pet revamp and train pets for different encounters. I have lots of questions! But I'll try keep them to a minimum for now :D

What pets are people using for champs, peerless and Shadowguard?
I was thinking of trying:
  • Naja for DH
  • fire beetle or fire damage crimson drake for Mel
  • cold crimson drake for Shadowguard

These are a few of the pets I have in my stable, are they any good to use for the pet revamp? Unfortunately as I'm on EJ I can't character copy to TC :(
Jet.jpg Prowl.jpg Snow.jpg Dread.jpg Cerb.jpg Hex.jpg

I have more, but those are the ones I mainly used; apart from my GD and turtle.

Thanks.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good Morning Odin, There is a lot of fun to be had with the new pet system.. On the cu's you listed above before you press The "Begin Animal Training Button" You should do a forced reset on them.. There was a bug that forced Pets to jump slots.. because of this they added an anti-Slot jump fix.. Which had the side effect of keeping pre pub Cu's from lower to the new current lvl of 3 slot...and keeping them 4 slot.. So if your tamer is a Elf... Go into a non guard area(other wise they wil be whacked), Let them go, and retam them... This will reset them to the current standard for them which is 3 slot... make not to press the "begin Animal Training Button" until you do this as it saves them as 4slot and even if you reset them they will jump to 5 with only 1 lvl of training... after ya retam them just feed them and let them rebond... Since you can't go to test.. I would tam a few test pets and let them bond.. then once they reach 100% if you like I would gladly meet you on your shard and help you get a feel for the system.. Until then the testers/tamers on this forum will help ya in any way we can.... feel free to ask question, post, or message us.. Hope this helps mate.. you have a grand day.. =^-^=

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hi, welcome back!
Release and retame the CUs. Unless they drop a slot, they're useless. CUs spawn as 3 slots now.

Dreadmare, train it for yourself. If you release it, it'll jump to 4 slots, making it useless. They sell for 350 to 400ish mills, if you wanna sell. (On Atlantic)

I don't know if rune beetles have changed. But train it up with rune corruption if it's a good rating.

Mare! So many options. Chiv, necro, necro poison breath. Read it in the taming forum.
Good luck

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks for the replies guys :)

My tamer is human so going to have to get a friend to re-tame the cu's.

Going to read more about what is good on each pet, no clue what to do with any of them; and then have a play on some new tames. Will need to clear out stable a bit though as it's full, got a few of those turtles.

Will banes only eat that stew? Got two but they're not even bonded.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
They will eat stew which refills their unseen mana bar to 5k.. and tasty treats which while it doesn't refill the unseen passive mana bar does give them as nice buff for 10 mins and increase happiness.. =^-^=

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They will eat stew which refills their unseen mana bar to 5k.. and tasty treats which while it doesn't refill the unseen passive mana bar does give them as nice buff for 10 mins and increase happiness.. =^-^=
Thanks, will have a look around for some to start the bonding process :)

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
On the cu's you listed above before you press The "Begin Animal Training Button" You should do a forced reset on them.. There was a bug that forced Pets to jump slots.. because of this they added an anti-Slot jump fix.. Which had the side effect of keeping pre pub Cu's from lower to the new current lvl of 3 slot...and keeping them 4 slot.. So if your tamer is a Elf... Go into a non guard area(other wise they wil be whacked), Let them go, and retam them... This will reset them to the current standard for them which is 3 slot...
Except it doesn't work that way anymore (thanks to people exploiting CUs among other things ;)). They are stuck at 4 slots now. Sucks for returning CU players. Pets no longer adjusting slots when being released was mentioned several times by a couple of us before the patch hit.

Hi, welcome back!
Release and retame the CUs. Unless they drop a slot, they're useless. CUs spawn as 3 slots now.

Dreadmare, train it for yourself. If you release it, it'll jump to 4 slots, making it useless. They sell for 350 to 400ish mills, if you wanna sell. (On Atlantic)
Again, several of us have posted this several times. It no longer works this way anymore. Whatever your pet's slot was when it was originally tamed, it will no longer adjust to a higher or lower control slot value when released. The only time it will raise now is when it is trained. This works out for some animals, legacy Banes, WW, Nightmares, Dreads and doesn't work out for others legacy lesser hiryus, giant beetles and Cu Sidhe.

This is their solution pet slot dropping exploits.

Last edited:

Lieutenant Dan!

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Except it doesn't work that way anymore (thanks to people exploiting CUs among other things ;)). They are stuck at 4 slots now. Sucks for returning CU players. Pets no longer adjusting slots when being released was mentioned several times by a couple of us before the patch hit.

Again, several of us have posted this several times. It no longer works this way anymore. Whatever your pet's slot was when it was originally tamed, it will no longer adjust to a higher or lower control slot value when released. The only time it will raise now is when it is trained. This works out for some animals, legacy Banes, WW, Nightmares, Dreads and doesn't work out for others legacy lesser hiryus, giant beetles and Cu Sidhe.

This is their solution pet slot dropping exploits.

Was the 'begin training' button selected on the Cu in that video?
The only reason i ask is because i didnt see it and also read that they will not drop a slot IF training had already started. But will still reset to 3 slots if training hadn't started.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Was the 'begin training' button selected on the Cu in that video?
The only reason i ask is because i didnt see it and also read that they will not drop a slot IF training had already started. But will still reset to 3 slots if training hadn't started.
No it was not.

We did two videos, posted that one because the tamer only went through the first lore page and last.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Well, that is sad.. with anyluck the adjustments in pub 100 where the slot value is based off the stats of the pet will see these poor pets returned to 3 slot ..we will just have to wait and see..until then just hold on to those poor 4 slot beauties peeps .. and by all means No not hit the start training button. ^_~

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Verified. Pre patch Cus stay at 4 slots.

I kept telling yall to train your dang pets!

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aww :(
So are all cu's 4 slot now or do some spawn at 3 slots?

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've just tamed a naja, it was 2 slots - but as soon as I tamed it, its jumped to 3! :(

Is that normal?

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was riding a nightmare, but it was the lore gump that showed 3 slots after I had tamed it :(

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have seen a Naj Jump from 2 to 3 while fighting it. Sometimes the skills gain puts it over a 2. It is not common.

They do not change after tamed at 2.

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Does it matter what order I put AI and armour pierce on a Naja?

And will it lose poisoning if I put those on?

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
What is the benefit of both AI and armor pierce on these? FzWW better than armor pierce, or 500 points is too much to spend on FzWW?

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What is the benefit of both AI and armor pierce on these? FzWW better than armor pierce, or 500 points is too much to spend on FzWW?
Not a clue, I've just returned and checked the forum for pet setups; AI / AP and AI / FzWW are two I found so going to give them a try :)

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pets are starting to bond, FINALLY! :danceb:

I've got a 100% cold crimson drake that I want to put AI / chiv for roof.
Crim.jpg CrimResist.jpg

I've realised I wont be able to scroll everything, so wondering what to scroll if anything and how much HP is enough.

Only got the first 100% training done so far, but not trained any stats; and don't have any PS yet - just trying to figure out how many points to leave.

So far I'm looking at training to
700 str
600 HP
150 stam
150 dex
600 mana
AI
chiv
max hpr
max mana regen
5 stam regen
max base dmg
80/75/70/70/70

If I have the maths right (Oh god this is going to go horribly disastrously wrong! :sad3:) that should be 4,062 leaving 441 points from 3 levels of training.

Questions
Is 600 HP enough?
2. Is there much difference in skills at 100, 110, 120? 120 chiv worth it? I was thinking of 120 wrestle, parry and resist; then rest of points in HP.
3. Anyone used a crimson drake on roof, how did you train it?
4. I also have a 2 slot frost mite that I'm thinking of putting AI / chiv on, anyone used one of these? Thoughts vs crimson drake?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
1. Is 600 HP enough?

That may be as high as you can go. Start at 500 and if everything else is complete you can raise it in the 3 to 4 round.

2. Is there much difference in skills at 100, 110, 120? 120 chiv worth it? I was thinking of 120 wrestle, parry and resist; then rest of points in HP.
110 skills are ok. 120 on the magic is a must.

Train it like all things. Crazy mage, Navrey, Night Terror, allosaurus etc

4. I also have a 2 slot frost mite that I'm thinking of putting AI / chiv on, anyone used one of these? Thoughts vs crimson drake?
Bugs can not get any magic but Poison. (except Rune Beetle)

Frost Mites have a lot of points. You would want AI and Rune corruption.
Since you can't ride them, the roof is a good place to use them.

Or just do like most on LS do and use a AI, Chiv Cu for everything. You dont have to pull off when he goes into ele form.

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
1. Is 600 HP enough?

That may be as high as you can go. Start at 500 and if everything else is complete you can raise it in the 3 to 4 round.

110 skills are ok. 120 on the magic is a must.

Train it like all things. Crazy mage, Navrey, Night Terror, allosaurus etc

Bugs can not get any magic but Poison. (except Rune Beetle)

Frost Mites have a lot of points. You would want AI and Rune corruption.
Since you can't ride them, the roof is a good place to use them.

Or just do like most on LS do and use a AI, Chiv Cu for everything. You dont have to pull off when he goes into ele form.
Thanks Pawain :)

120 chiv it is.

I really need to read through and check what I write before hitting post - 3. Anyone used a crimson drake on roof, how did you train it?
I meant to ask what skills / caps and abilities have people trained for a crimson drake to use on the roof.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thanks Pawain :)

120 chiv it is.

I really need to read through and check what I write before hitting post - 3. Anyone used a crimson drake on roof, how did you train it?
I meant to ask what skills / caps and abilities have people trained for a crimson drake to use on the roof.

If the crimson cold damage drake is for roof/belfry you will want a 120 wrestling along with that 120 chiv.

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If the crimson cold damage drake is for roof/belfry you will want a 120 wrestling along with that 120 chiv.
Thanks Khaelor :)

120 chiv and wrestle, should leave a few points to raise HP above 600 I think.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The wrestling scrolls have kinda dropped in price. Someone here keeps telling me that 120 wrestling is not needed so I'm letting people live and learn if they gonna argue.

All magics Need 120 to be effective.

Highest parry you can afford is also a good investment.

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The wrestling scrolls have kinda dropped in price. Someone here keeps telling me that 120 wrestling is not needed so I'm letting people live and learn if they gonna argue.

That's good news on price of wrestle PS dropping cos I came to the party late and have lots of pets to train :D

I think there's points for 120 parry, I just wasn't sure if the HP would be high enough at 600; or use lower PS and raise HP. I was also thinking 120 resists but I spoke with someone ingame and they said because of the Chiv didn't really need it, thoughts / comments? All welcome :)

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

Well wrestling is hit chance, so without 120 your pet will get hit more but also your pet will hit less. So you don't "need" it per say. Your pet will just take more damage and hit less. Yeah pets do fine without it, things will just take longer to kill.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
That's good news on price of wrestle PS dropping cos I came to the party late and have lots of pets to train :D

I think there's points for 120 parry, I just wasn't sure if the HP would be high enough at 600; or use lower PS and raise HP. I was also thinking 120 resists but I spoke with someone ingame and they said because of the Chiv didn't really need it, thoughts / comments? All welcome :)
Unfortunately, they have not dropped in price a lot..Still 40-50 M is A LOT of gold. It is very unlikely that they will EVER drop to what they were before the pet revamp ( 500k-1M?). The price of the PS is one of the biggest shames form the pet revamp. Also they will cost you the same for any use of PS, including use on toons.
This PS thing has been made to a difficult debate in the forums here, between pple needing the PS, PKers, and organized RMT PS miners that will most likely kill payers that will try to get PS from PS giving present day spawns. This is why arguments were touted about non-PS upgrading pets etc, getting pet specific scrolls from other difficult spawns, that do not allow the thieves and murderers to steal your work after working on a spawn for hours, to get mostly PS that you would not even use (not all PS drops are wres / tact /res /anat 120's)..etc etc..

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Unfortunately, they have not dropped in price a lot..Still 40-50 M is A LOT of gold. It is very unlikely that they will EVER drop to what they were before the pet revamp ( 500k-1M?). The price of the PS is one of the biggest shames form the pet revamp. Also they will cost you the same for any use of PS, including use on toons.
This PS thing has been made to a difficult debate in the forums here, between pple needing the PS, PKers, and organized RMT PS miners that will most likely kill payers that will try to get PS from PS giving present day spawns. This is why arguments were touted about non-PS upgrading pets etc, getting pet specific scrolls from other difficult spawns, that do not allow the thieves and murderers to steal your work after working on a spawn for hours, to get mostly PS that you would not even use (not all PS drops are wres / tact /res /anat 120's)..etc etc..
Umm where you get those prices?

Atl right now:

upload_2018-4-19_21-54-40.png

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
WOW! Yes.. they have dropped!! Last I checked on GL and ATL still on high side..Finally glad to see them dropping..I had stopped looking at them for a while, kinda gave up and trained without any PS. In the 20-30 M..not as horrible as before but still pretty steep..Dont have the $$ but guess I could sell some of my stuff and try to get some. Have all sorts of reward items, and aniversary stuff. Would probably need a full set of 120's at some point. Put my pets with NO PS do decently so far..
My Frostie Dragon has 120 wres and 120 parry, so I use him for some high end stuff, but cold damage..Im a cheap date..lol

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
celticus why not verify assumptions before posting them? might help people more and increase your credibility...

This also goes for your farming powerscrolls comment. If you're farming despise at 8 pm EST you sure as hell will be raided. If you go to t2a, especially during off hours you will rarely get unwanted company. people have been doing this for years. Instead you come whining to the boards time and time again how evil PKs and RMT people keep you from getting powerscrolls. There is a thread by Tyrath where he explained how he did spawns and where. If he could do it so can others including you.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
celticus why not verify assumptions before posting them? might help people more and increase your credibility...

This also goes for your farming powerscrolls comment. If you're farming despise at 8 pm EST you sure as hell will be raided. If you go to t2a, especially during off hours you will rarely get unwanted company. people have been doing this for years. Instead you come whining to the boards time and time again how evil PKs and RMT people keep you from getting powerscrolls. There is a thread by Tyrath where he explained how he did spawns and where. If he could do it so can others including you.
Agree.

Just go pop a bunch of the random ones until you get rats if you are in a hurry. Two casual players can do many of the spawn types. It will take longer than those bragging about 15 min spawns. The slower you go the greater chance you will bore any spies to death and they will go elsewhere.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED

I took the plunge and verified some prices. I dont have access to shard transfers, and the two places I checked were GL that is home for me, and ATL that I checked and dont have chars in. These are the results:

GL: Wres 115 --> 6-7.5 M, Ress 120 --> Non-existent on vendors now
Tactics 110--> 3 M, 115--> 8 M, 120--> None now
Resist spells 120--> 55 M ( yes 55M) << Hellooo?
Anat 120 ---> Zip
ATL: Wres 28-40 M aah some improvement..
Anat 120---> 35-36 M
Tactics 50-55 M << Lookie here?
Resist spells 36-42 M
To summarize it for you : I was right in the first place, and I was wrong to for a second be convinced that things have significantly changed. They have not. And maybe never will. It remains to be one of the UO shames.
I know the prices vary shard to shard, and they depend on availability. But these prices are not too nice.
So I stand correct. Not too cheap to PS just a pet. These prices are a shame. Maybe in another year I will check prices again.
By your book, right now If I am to have some of the scrolls, I will need to practice and learn new PVP skills, and spend many hours at spawns, to get maybe 1-2 of the PS I really need. Also have to quit work and RL and stay up all night 3:00 AM to do spawns so I will not get raided at 8 pm? Not going to happen.
Or I could go to RMT sites and just buy the dang things so I could 120 PS 20 or so pets? Not going to happen either, that would even be a break in my principles.
You should not have to invest 100-300 M to scroll a pet in any shard, esp in low pop shards? And pets are expendabe, can get wild and lost also in some circumstances? Right?
There must be other solutions for scrolling pets. I am sure there are a lot of others in the same crunch, esp. players that just signed up and also broke (no mega bucks).
Who knows may be the devs can fix the pet PS one day? I will not hold my breath..and will still enjoy the game with my non-PS uber pets..LOL

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Umm where you get those prices?

Atl right now:

View attachment 80208
GL (home) and ATL sadly not too much change Pawain, not enough for just pet use..It will take a looong looong time for them to be much better. In my shard 120's hardly exist, and when they do, they are hugely overpriced. It is sad..
The concern is for new players and pple that dont play hours and hours a week to make enough gold.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
120 scrolls:

Prices for wrestling have dropped. It took a while but people finally noticed that Parry, Focus, and Meditation are very nice for a pet so those prices went up. I think Magic Resist is priced too High. Tactics is too high but it is useful for players and pets. Healing went high for a while. Anatomy never went too crazy.

At least the magics other than Magery have not been priced too high.

I was lucky and bought scrolls on Atl while it was in TC. I must have used 60 Meditation and Focus. I had so many of those that I have some of my original pets that are not finished that have 120s of those on them and nothing else. I did not buy Tactics because it was always high (but nowhere near 50M like they are now) I wish I bought some. I think I have 2 pets with 120 tactics.

You can use 110s and 115s for everything but Magic. A Giant beetle with 105s is not a bad pet.

My main tamer uses the highest scrolls on the builds that I like. My other uses 110s and a few 115s on their pets. He kills stuff just fine.

Most of the Cus in that build thread just have 110s. They kill stuff just fine.

You can get a set off 110s and 120 magic pretty cheap. It takes 5 hours to train a fresh pet and get the melee skills to 110.

Make a bunch of pets and have fun. You will get looting rights, scrolls, and primers with 110 pets while doing a spawn with others.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
120 scrolls:

Prices for wrestling have dropped. It took a while but people finally noticed that Parry, Focus, and Meditation are very nice for a pet so those prices went up. I think Magic Resist is priced too High. Tactics is too high but it is useful for players and pets. Healing went high for a while. Anatomy never went too crazy.

At least the magics other than Magery have not been priced too high.

I was lucky and bought scrolls on Atl while it was in TC. I must have used 60 Meditation and Focus. I had so many of those that I have some of my original pets that are not finished that have 120s of those on them and nothing else. I did not buy Tactics because it was always high (but nowhere near 50M like they are now) I wish I bought some. I think I have 2 pets with 120 tactics.

You can use 110s and 115s for everything but Magic. A Giant beetle with 105s is not a bad pet.

My main tamer uses the highest scrolls on the builds that I like. My other uses 110s and a few 115s on their pets. He kills stuff just fine.

Most of the Cus in that build thread just have 110s. They kill stuff just fine.

You can get a set off 110s and 120 magic pretty cheap. It takes 5 hours to train a fresh pet and get the melee skills to 110.

Make a bunch of pets and have fun. You will get looting rights, scrolls, and primers with 110 pets while doing a spawn with others.
Thanks Pawain will try to get some Chiv 120, Bushi 120 and Mys 120s. Do you find Spell weaving 120 good for pets?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks Pawain will try to get some Chiv 120, Bushi 120 and Mys 120s. Do you find Spell weaving 120 good for pets?
Yes. Word of death does nice damage if they use it at the right time. Chiv and Myst are better if you dont have time to skill them all. But if you find a cheap 120 magic. Buy it.

All the magics work on Lesser Hiryus. And they now regen mana fast again. shhhh

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I took the plunge and verified some prices. I dont have access to shard transfers, and the two places I checked were GL that is home for me, and ATL that I checked and dont have chars in. These are the results:......

To summarize it for you : I was right in the first place, and I was wrong to for a second be convinced that things have significantly changed. They have not. And maybe never will. It remains to be one of the UO shames.
I know the prices vary shard to shard, and they depend on availability. But these prices are not too nice.
So I stand correct. Not too cheap to PS just a pet. These prices are a shame. Maybe in another year I will check prices again.
I buy scrolls for my guild DAILY on Atlantic and keep spreadsheets of the prices I pay.

These are the normal prices for the past 4 months for the following scrolls. Will you find them more expensive? Yes, the cheaper ones can sell out. But they will always come back down to the prices i give if you look.

Focus 18-20m
Med 20m
Anat 24-28m
Wrest 22-26m
Parry 25-35m (as i said bought six for less than 20 last weekend, and there was ALOT for 20-25m)
Resist 40-50m
Tactics 50-55m

Those are all vendor prices, not prices I have paid from people selling in general, which tend to be lower.

You cannot look at a single point in time and claim those are the prices.

120 Tactics is overrated, as are a lot of 120 scrolls. They sure do look fancy on a pet though. But you have to remember power scrolls were originally intended for players.

Last edited:

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
By your book, right now If I am to have some of the scrolls, I will need to practice and learn new PVP skills, and spend many hours at spawns, to get maybe 1-2 of the PS I really need. Also have to quit work and RL and stay up all night 3:00 AM to do spawns so I will not get raided at 8 pm? Not going to happen.
Looking at your answers I am beginning to think that you're actually a troll...

There is ZERO need for any PvP skills for doing spawns as long as you don't do them during peak hours and in any of the PvP hot spot spawns.
What do you not understand when I said do them in t2a (preferably the harder to reach places, not the ones near the t2a entrances/exits)?
Yes you will need to spend many hours at spawns to get the scrolls you want but guess what, so does everybody else! This even goes for any other items in this game. It's how this game works. Why should it be different for you or tamers in general???
Spawns are a great source of income too with the gold drop at the end and all the scrolls you get. Simply sell the ones you don't need yourself and make some nice extra gold! This way you will either get the scrolls you need or you will make enough gold to buy them from others.

When I say avoid peak hours then I don't mean stay up to 3 am in the morning and no, you don't have to quit your job. Again: look at what Tyrath posted. He is very busy in RL running a farm which sure as hell doesn't allow him to stay up til 3 am and still he managed to run spawns and get all the scrolls he needed.
Pro tip: don't run the spawns alone if you want to save time. Get your buddies to help you out - preferably at least one of them is knight of justice so you can get double the ammount of scrolls.

Even if you get raided what are you gonna loose? Some insurance money - big deal. I can guarantee you as long as you are smart about it you will be able to finish more spawns than the number of spawns you will loose to raids.

And again there is something more you can do about being raided: get some PvPers to guard your spawn. Make friends and work together.

You're pretending that nothing can be done about the situation when this is simply not true. But rather than do something about it you come to the boards whining about how unfair everything is etc etc. This self pitying attitude has been a problem in UO forever and it really hits a nerve with me when people spread this attitude with posts like yours pretending there is nothing you can do about it, especially when they haven't even tried.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Looking at your answers I am beginning to think that you're actually a troll...
I do not think he is. I think he is just apprehensive.

The random spawns are great. Just go here and learn what the start mobs are and if you dont like them go to another. But you will need to do enough tram spawns that have already started to get enough Valor to start one. Champion Spawns - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

I am not going to say which we use on LS. We were raided one time. That was most likely because we got to a spawn and it was level 2 and the people there hid from us. They killed us before the boss came out. I think they thought we were stealing their spawn.

There are 2 tamers on LS that do spawns alone. Once in a while you hear that they got raided on chat. Sometimes a guild will go kill the raiders and give them the scrolls back.

@celticus Practice at the humility spawn or Oaks. A new player loves it when they see all the gold at the end.

Pro tip: don't run the spawns alone if you want to save time.
You should be able to find 1 or 2 to help do a spawn. When I find a returner, the first pet I help them train is their Giant Beetle if they have one bonded. A beetle with 105 scrolls can help with a spawn and we let them load it up with gold after.