• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pet Power Hour

Zorminius

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Anyone mind explaining exactly how it works? is the power hour for advanced training only, or does it also occur when raising skills when fighting? Does every pet get a power hour every day, or does the tamer get a power hour for all pets each day. I saw a power hour a few days ago, but haven’t seen it pop up since. Curious how it works so I don’t waste good gain times....thanks.

Jimmydeanbean

Journeyman
I too am curious about this. I sporadically see this pop up during advanced pet training but not after, so I'm guessing it only applies to the advanced pet training. But yeah it's sporadic so I'm not sure what the timer or mechanism is behind it.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It is supposed to be the first hour you have a pet out it has an increased chance to gain skill,

Not to be confused with whisper which makes skill gains have an increased chance(95%?) to be .2 to .5 for each gain.

Zorminius

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Don’t normally see a message when I take a pet out to skill up let’s say Discord. But did see a message when I was doing advanced training and moving up slots.

Jimmydeanbean

Journeyman
I found this on the uo.com website:
Undertaking this training is aided by a daily ‘pet training hour’ beginning when the pet first gains in the training progress and increasing the amount of training progress the pet normally receives from a target.
So I guess that means it only applies to the pet advancement training progress % and not skill gains on the pet.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Power hour gains Training at a higher % than normal.

Whisper is for skill gains.