• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PET DYES : aren't there MUCH better ways to spend programmers' time ?

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Secondly, something like pet dyes wouldn't actually be a gargantuan undertaking. The timer would be a little tricky, but a 7-day duration isn't something they haven't done before.
I bet it's not as tricky as you think. I'd bet dollars to pesos that they just reused the code for the Savage Kin paint. That's 7 days.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh no...pet dyes...the world is ending!!!

Edit: But really, as already mentioned. Making pet dyes isn't exactly a complicated task that can easily be done by no more than one dev. It's not like the entire dev team is needed to make it, lmao.

Setanta

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since the color pallet is already there, and code already exists to dye hair and bloody well everything else, it would probably take all of 6 minutes to locate and copy the code and maybe 8 minutes to find the right place to paste it in and make the necessary changes. Very little effort to delight the unwashed masses.

N

NewYears1978

I really agree..

The artists already are horrible that work on the game now. most of the new items look as if they belong in another game altogether..nothing fits anymore. The spriters/artists used to be great, things meshed and all had the same style, now things have no detail, and are washed out.

Pet dye is just another thing that will look silly...I don't mind it..but I do wish they'd spend time fixing the real problems menioned by the OP:

Hacking,
Scripting,
Duping..

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really agree..

The artists already are horrible that work on the game now. most of the new items look as if they belong in another game altogether..nothing fits anymore. The spriters/artists used to be great, things meshed and all had the same style, now things have no detail, and are washed out.

Pet dye is just another thing that will look silly...I don't mind it..but I do wish they'd spend time fixing the real problems menioned by the OP:

Hacking,
Scripting,
Duping..
I refer you to one of many posts that clearly states that it is hardly a waste of time to spend, what, 10 minutes to make it?

Since the color pallet is already there, and code already exists to dye hair and bloody well everything else, it would probably take all of 6 minutes to locate and copy the code and maybe 8 minutes to find the right place to paste it in and make the necessary changes. Very little effort to delight the unwashed masses.