• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pet database program

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ages ago, I remember there was a little program written by one of the tamer forum boardies which stored details of your pets and their current stats/skills.

Anyone know the one I'm talking about?

I just remembered about it when I went to sort out my pets and wondered what happened to it.

Wenchy

K

Kazumi the Wild

I remember that program, or a program like it, being both nonfunctional and entirely unremovable (until i reformatted, which is a pain).

Hinotori

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pet Manager. I used to use it but lost it on the crash that killed my comp last year. Haven't seen anywhere to download it in a long while.

4th3ist

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A quick google search turned this up. Not the Pet Manager you speak of (thought I remember it vaguely), but it mentions something about storing pet data, as well as some other semi-useful looking things.

http://www.guain.it/public/uoutility_pub/pagina.asp

I havn't downloaded this or scaned it at all. Sooo download away at your own risk!

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah, pet manager, that's the one! I suspected it might be a dead project, but just wondered :)

I'll throw a quick database together in open office methinks, shouldn't be too hard to work something simple out heh. Might actually have the old Pet Manager on an old backup cd, but it's much easier to find something when you know what it's called. Thought I was going senile last night, you wouldn't think you could use something every day for ages and then forget it like that lol.

Wenchy

Hinotori

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't reply very fast because I had to ask my husband when he got home. And of course, as soon as I asked "What was that pet database program I used to use", it immediately came to my mind. He did remember what it was though. Said it right after I remembered, but before I said anything.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hehe well appreciate both of you remembering it :) Found the old zip file on one of my backups so that'll get me going. Boyfriend caught me playing with a database and suggested I might just have too many pets! This from a former tamer too lol.

Wenchy