• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pet Damage per Second Increase from having high HP?

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dev's said that there is a way to increase base damage per second past the usual 24-33 for higher HPs?

Did I misread this?

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ooooh! So, that means that the PLAYER can exceed the 35 damage cap to pets based on how high the pet's HP is?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ooooh! So, that means that the PLAYER can exceed the 35 damage cap to pets based on how high the pet's HP is?
Yup. They reduced the pets damage to players and increased player damage to pets. You know, Fel was over run with tamers, they had to do something.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
they fixed a bug, it means,
before, when you did AI on someone's pet, it only did 35 damage, even with a slayer weap. They fixed this bug.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In the drachs meet and greet, 4 pet auto log/oug exploits were mentioned, this was a good start, however i shall inform the devs of a 5th at the Europa meet and greet.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In the drachs meet and greet, 4 pet auto log/oug exploits were mentioned, this was a good start, however i shall inform the devs of a 5th at the Europa meet and greet.

And here was the response.

[Kyronix ]: And that functionality has been there since inception, to prevent the loss of pets

Get over it. The game is meant to work that way.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And here was the response.

[Kyronix ]: And that functionality has been there since inception, to prevent the loss of pets

Get over it. The game is meant to work that way.
[Misk]: the 4th item, sounds like a bug

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
rest assured when the devs come to Europa, I will present more bugs.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
[Misk]: the 4th item, sounds like a bug
Because you explained it inaccurately because you don't know how the game mechanics work, which is amusing because it's what you accused the devs of. You claimed that if you tame a pet, logout, then login again, that that pet is now permanently stabled until you go to the stables and claim it, which is not true. If it WERE true, then it would be a bug, which is what Misk was saying. But since you don't even know how the mechanics work, you apparently don't realize that if you logout with a pet (Tame or Bonded), then log back in, that pet will reappear with you. Like others have said, stop wasting the Devs time and get over it.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah yes, the exploit was misdescribed, the exploit is to actually just tame a pet and recall away (to a stable) and log out and back in, and the pet is safe.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I shall clarify that when the devs come to Europa for the meet and greet.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The exploit was a little misdescribed, you need to kill yourself first for the pet to go into the stables when it's not bonded.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Honest questions here...

Why are you so adamant about getting the auto stable deal "fixed" from your point of view? What is so game breaking about that? Is it that you just find killing people's mounts so satisfying?

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have no agenda other than the improvement of the game. At the moment, this is the most widely abused bug/exploit.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I would say the "Fel Bug" is more game breaking and wider used than the log out deal. Plus the Fel Bug is something that gives an advantage to people who get it...

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have no idea what bug you're talking about, but how about you campaign on that one, i'll continue to campaign on pet bug fixes. Unless you wanna swap and you campaign for my current cause?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
lol shoot.. I would rather them focus on new content, connectivity issues (dang synch errors) and things like that than fixing small bugs that are not game breaking.

I will give you this you are determined and consistent... neither one are bad qualities in a person. :thumbup1:

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Taming has been nerfed beyond fun

It's was very fun for a few months and now it's just like high seas weak boring not worth it

Why can't the devs just leave things along like the consum damage it was nerfed WAY to much....

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Yepp..

1 - Can easily out run pets on foot even when pets are max stam/dex and have no damage.

2 - Fought my Cu for a full three minutes and it never even attempted AI during that time even though it had 1k mana

3 - Pets only seem to hit for 24-29 max even if you get lucky and AI finally hits.

But hey... at least the sub-sect of UO who do nothing but sit in gen chat and trash talk are happy....