• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

pet command changes messed up

UncleSham

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
to our develoupers:
first of all , let me say i was quite impressed with the pet command changes . it was most frustrating having my pets act like morons . thank you for the effort. it went well ... for a while.

now it seems recently the pets are becoming unrully again . did something change ?

i just thought it was my dragon being grumpy . perhapse i havent fed it enough . but i keep having it run off even after a "follow me" command has been issued . it helps to tell it to stop first and then follow me , but even that doesnt always work .
and it isnt just me . many of my friends are complaining about their pet being a "bad boy" lately .

has something reverted since the last patch or so ? please look into this because im sure im not the only one .
you gave us these commands to compensate for taking our petball pull back defense . dont make me campaign to have that redone. my faith in the dev tem was improved by the changes .

just recently i was commenting to a friend about how wonderfull it was to have a game where our develoupers actually listed to us . "what other game has a dev team that makes changes based on the users needs and wants ? " i actually raised the pet command thing as an example . and was told "yeah and then they took it back"

soooo ... whats up ?

P

packrat

Im having this trouble too. I thought it was my dragon being stupid. He doesn't even listen to the stay command most times.
And just as aggravating is when you are walking the landscape and your dragon flies in a building. If I can only teach it to steal a few items while he is in there, that would be cool..:p

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've noticed a few of my pets not listening to their owners 100% of the time, mostly with the "follow" command. However, the pet usually listens upon repeating the command a second or perhaps a third time and it hasn't happened very often.

I've been assuming that when this happens my tamer perhaps doesn't have enough animal lore to have almost perfect control of that pet. (I make sure to listen carefully to the pet's responses and lore it to check its happiness.) Overall, I've been very happy with the changes in pet AI with regard to obeying commands.

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pets not listening has been since a week or so after the change, not uncommon in UO as we all know. Just like EV's doing more damage since they take up 2 slots... That lasted a whole week to 12 days. It's like anything in this game, once they screw with it, it never lasts as the change intended :wall:. EV's at 2 slots is a joke. The initial change was nice, ONLY if it would of stayed to the damage they were doing.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure why you're finding this.I hunt with my pets daily and am having no problems at all. If I want to avoid a fight I tell them 'all stop, all follow me' If I want them to fight I tell them 'all kill', once given that command they'll autodefend against anything that comes up, with me reinforcing that with a 'kill' command for each new mob attacked.

Only when I got targetted and killed before I could give a command did my pet die. If I was able to run and call on the pet to follow we didn't get swamped when new spawn threatened to over run us.

UncleSham

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes . most of the time it works as planned but often enough that i notice it , he wont listen . occasionally he will turn around start to follow me then flip around and run off .

mostly its just that i have to tell him repeatedly to follow in the first place.

granted its usually in very high spawn that he does this so hes probably beeing challenged alot .

however ... i am 120 tame and 120 lore ... he SHOULD be listening to me. and yes i tend to feed him alot cause i play siege and the push thru thing annoyes me , so every time i jump a server boarder i feed him. every time he barks more than twice i feed him . i know what to look for .

(im tellin ya , the boy just aint right)

ive noticed . aeowin says hers is the most disobediant dragon on siege . lyndsey calls her hyru a useless waste of pixels ... its not just me. please dont let these creatures drift back into idiocy . these are dragons for gods sake , ancient and wise (not effin morons)

UncleSham

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh yeah . arent they spose to stay put when you res em ?

i cant tell you how many times mine will bolt . instantly.

gee i have 2 hit points . i think ill go play with 5 demons . i can win . really

stupid dragon get over here before i kill you myself .

bad dragon .
*slaps dragon*
*counts fingers*

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'm not saying this problem isn't real, but the commands are working perfectly for me. I wonder if you are having problems with the guard command? Pets will auto defend when they are in guard mode, which means they will wander off. You need to use the "stop" command on them to get them out of guard mode.

I only use guard mode when I am in a position where I am being attacked and I don't have my attacker's bar up. It works perfectly for that, but I'm still shy of guard mode after all the problems there used to be with guard mode and flagging. So as soon as I no longer need it, I will clear the guard command.

UncleSham

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*nods*

yes i remember taking a murder count for that guard bug and as such dont use it much any more.

however . ill admit when noones around i will sometimes use it . like if i need to pull off a quick invis ill bark guard me just before i blink out so hes in war mode ... *rubs chin* perhapse thats causing him to run off eh ?

altho i do remember yelling all stop quite a bunch . i have it on macro . even then he seems most disobediant at times recently.

i am really quite pleased with the overall progress in pet commands . it just seems to me when this first came out they were so good (thats right whoes my good dragon )
*feeds him a piece of the paragon ancient he just wasted*

but lately ? i dunno he seems to be slackin