• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

People who have "started at Beta"

morPR

PRmeister
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Notice the quotation marks? I always have a distinct sense I am being lied to by the majority of people who say they were there. I personally can't say it because I was playing Sega Saturn then Dreamcast before I got my first "modern" computer. I started with Renaissance.

The stories are the same. The beta player left around the introduction of Trammel and some even left around Age of Shadows. I see people with mansions in this game. But me and houses in UO have a very unorthodox relationship. I have been broke many times in the past and because I didn't make a monthly payment in time, there goes a house.

I also don't care much for Lords or Ladies. I die so often most of my characters barely have any fame with their titles. Yet, I will take notice when I see a Dread Lord or Lady. :D

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There are still some Beta players left in game. I was 16 when the game came out but my father has worked with computers growing up so we always had internet since they day it was let go to the general population. (Internet was out before but only to a few places Governments and such.) Heck I grow up with an old Dos system where you had to type the game name in to start it, I think the computer had like 32 ram or something like it.

Now back to Beta sorry about that, My father opened beta account on his work computer and it was one of the take your son to work days and we going to see a Baseball game after words so I went with him to work. to keep me busy he logged me into his account. I think when I hit 18 I was able to open my first account. then a 2nd. I ended up leaving right before or right after AOS I remember my neco regs changing and such at a patch cant remember if it was before or at AOS start patch. then something happened that made me drop my accounts.

I came back in 08 or 09 I could only get the accounts that I opened I could not get my fathers old beta account back. I did not remember log in information only the user name but gave up trying to remember the password and EA would not help. I remember playing on a client that was not CC or EC. when I came back.

To start out I don't remember much of everything before 2010 is a big blank for me. My party years so lots of drinking and partying. Started drinking when I was 16 up until 2008 when I changed my life around. Think 2000 to 2005 or 2006 was the worst for me drinking wise.

morPR

PRmeister
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sorry to hear about those years. As they say, one day at a time.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
As @Danpal notes, there are some beta folks still around. I started in 1998 myself .... just after T2A. I was in open beta of SE (Samurai Empire) and AoS. At the time tho, I was beta-ing some DAOC and other MMOs so UO didn't get all my time. <shrug>

@Danpal - I was "in the bottle" from late 1977 until 1986 (was into the 2nd marriage), but really stopped in 1993 after random testing was implemented at the nuke plant I worked at. Drinking dropped so drastically it was very easy to just walk past the beer or booze. Glad you are turned around now.