• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Bushido] Peerless in order of difficulty for Sampire?

D

davebobbit

Hey there,

I've been battling dread horn with a friend recently and whooping it within about 7-8 minutes. She's a mage and just stands by ready to heal if and when i need it, whilst casting earth elementals - while I honor and do & take most of the damage. Not exactly going solo, but close to it (the earth ele's DO help take off some of the heat tbh)

Given the same approach, or perhaps swapping my partner for a tamer - I'm interested to know what you think the order of difficulty the other peerlesses would come in.

My temp, fyi is:
Anatomy: 100
Bushido: 110
Chivalry: 60 (75 with brace)
Necromancy: 100
Parrying: 120
Swordsmanship: 120
Tactics: 100

Thanks in advance :)

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Category 1: almost too easy
Dread Horn

Category 2: slightly difficult:
Paroxysmus
Travesty (in a group of two)

Category 3: Somewhat challenging
Travesty (alone)
Monstrous Grizzle (note: don't take imbued armor to that fight unless you can afford more)
Doom (not a peerless, but still a TODO for a sampire)

Category 4: Why did I try that?
Melisande (Note, the one time I tried, I didn't finish because I ran out of time. But I didn't die. With a mage or tamer in for the ride, it becomes a lot less challenging)

Category x: Farsight hasn't tried it ever, so I couldn't tell you
Shimmering Effusion, Medusa, Stygian Dragon

N

NickyDishes

with gorgon lenses medusa is easier than dread horn imo

frostbolt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
trying to key for dreadhorn on my sampire is hard enough that i don't even bother anymore >.< like i kill irk and try looking for the brain, and a second irk spawns, and i kil that one and i still cant find the brain then i get zerged by the other named changeling and sabrix you get the idea...

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
trying to key for dreadhorn on my sampire is hard enough that i don't even bother anymore >.< like i kill irk and try looking for the brain, and a second irk spawns, and i kil that one and i still cant find the brain then i get zerged by the other named changeling and sabrix you get the idea...
Don't underestimate the value of confusion potions there.

They help you manage the spawn and avoid the changeling zerg that happens sometimes.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Category 1: almost too easy
Dread Horn

Category 2: slightly difficult:
Paroxysmus
Travesty (in a group of two)

Category 3: Somewhat challenging
Travesty (alone)
Monstrous Grizzle (note: don't take imbued armor to that fight unless you can afford more)
Doom (not a peerless, but still a TODO for a sampire)

Category 4: Why did I try that?
Melisande (Note, the one time I tried, I didn't finish because I ran out of time. But I didn't die. With a mage or tamer in for the ride, it becomes a lot less challenging)

Category x: Farsight hasn't tried it ever, so I couldn't tell you
Shimmering Effusion, Medusa, Stygian Dragon
I agree with Farsight's order. Shimmering would be category 5 for a solo sammy.

Note that the order changes if using different templates. eg, grizzle becomes category 1 for a tamer.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

I find Paroxysmus' a lot easier than Dread Horn.

Edit: With two of you I'd probably do Shimmering next, you Feint & Momentum Strike (the extra spawn) next to the gate (ready to hide behind wall if things are getting rough) while your friend stands West about 10 tiles xhealing you. If they have access to Discord as well it would be a huge plus. Thats what I'd go for, for the Crimson/Crystalline.

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would never recommend any template without main healing method (ie. Healing or SS). For one reason, you just CANT fight Paroxymus, coz' in Vamp form, you cannot drink cure potion. Not in Vamp form, you're dead real quick. It's about effective survivbility as a self-contained warrior (without relying on friends to heal you).

Template strength:
Level 1 (weakest): without any healing method
Level 2 (moderate): with healing (try tanking a balron paragon, you'll get eaten)
Level 3 (strongest): with speak spirit (curse weapon); eats balron paragon like cake.

peerless boss difficulty in general:
weakest: medusa, dread horn, paroxymus
medium: stygy dragon
strongest: effusion, grizzle

x

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

You don't need to drink Cure potions for Paroxysmus', Vamp Form leeches through it, Confidence works through it, if you do need to remove it you can use Chivalry or your Primer.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would say from what i have done [this includes keying] from easiest:

1st. Medusa - aslong as you have lenses and fighter her in the corner with the weekest spawn mob.
2nd. Dreadhorn - keying is easy if you do it right, so is 2nd as keys can be harder than Medusa for some.
3rd. Proxy - just as easy as dread apart from the keys can be harder as more thought is required to get them.
4th. Travest - keys are easy with honor on a sampire, i rate him here just because of the setup needed and just hastle casting CW every 30 seconds!
5th. Grizzle - keys are easy but hes tricky, again setup and kit swapping for him.
6th. Im gona say melisande here [havent done her but have been getting the urge and thought up alot of tactics to test sometime soon ;)]
7th. Shimmer - this is just because iv herd so many people try and fail!!

This is all solo on a sampire by the way, will be different order for a different class and if you have a second person.

Thunderz

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

3rd. Proxy - just as easy as dread apart from the keys can be harder as more thought is required to get them.
3, out of the 4 needed, spawn on Corrosive Slimes that take 1 hit to kill on any template.

The Putrifier can be done in complete safety with either a Provoker or Necro/Mage. Or if you don't consider it 'soloing a peerless' unless you get the keys on the same character it takes a bit more effort, but I don't think the Purtrifier alone outweights the DH keys.

I find it so odd that people consider Paroxysmus' harder than DH (in any department).

*Not arguing with you specifically Thunderz just adding to my own reasoning.*

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
3, out of the 4 needed, spawn on Corrosive Slimes that take 1 hit to kill on any template.

The Putrifier can be done in complete safety with either a Provoker or Necro/Mage. Or if you don't consider it 'soloing a peerless' unless you get the keys on the same character it takes a bit more effort, but I don't think the Purtrifier alone outweights the DH keys.

I find it so odd that people consider Paroxysmus' harder than DH (in any department).

*Not arguing with you specifically Thunderz just adding to my own reasoning.*
Thats fine, your absolutly right. I was saying for a solo sampire, as in doing it all on your sampire. I found dread keys alot easier than putrifier [1 kill in 20 deaths at the start!] untill i worked out what i needed to make it easy :) now i find them both just as easy and about the same in time consumption.

On a side note, there both just as boring!! Dread is boring as you can afk it but the keys are intresting [well some] wereas proxy keys are boring but he's a lil more intresting.

Thunderz

S

Stupid Miner

For the SA bosses:
Medusa - Wimp with lenses
Slasher - I can't solo him anymore solely because of the Meteor Shower attack. Without the Meteor shower he's maybe a bit tougher than Dread Horn
Stygian Dragon - If you like death robes... He's *tough* but it's possible. Bring backup swamp dragons.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone taken down Rend without dying? or if you died how many times?

D

davebobbit

Thanks for all your suggestions folks. Looking forward to trying some out.

May I just ask what lenses it is some of you are referring to when talking about fighting Medusa? Any why would they make it easier for that boss in particular?

Also, Sirion - I choose not to have healing, I use life leech as my main healing method. I hit the dread horn for between 75 and 150 per hit, depending on whether lightening strike goes off. Any time I get beat down enough so that the leech from those hits isnt enough to revive me I am not going to have time to pull off a heal before I'm dead anyway.

C

Connor_Graham

Anyone taken down Rend without dying? or if you died how many times?
I managed it once before we discovered the wonders of Feint. I died a few times learning the rhythm of fighting him, but once I got that down he wasn't too bad. Trick is beating on him enough to soften that first fire breath so you don't die from that and his 50+ hp hits. Evasion is key and you must time it well unless you're using a daisho. I never tried it again as the loot isn't worth the fight. I mainly did it just so I could say that I did.

C

Connor_Graham

May I just ask what lenses it is some of you are referring to when talking about fighting Medusa? Any why would they make it easier for that boss in particular?
Those would be Gorgon Lenses. They keep you from being petrified by Medusa. The only ones that work 100% of the time are ones made from Medusa's own scales. Best bet is to get the keys then go in on a stealther. She can be skinned while alive. Do this several times to get enough scales to make several pairs of lenses. You'll need more than one pair from what I hear.

N

NickyDishes

i wanna know how to solo lady mel....ive tried a couple times but her slowing effect couple with her spell damage always gets me.....i have to hit her everytime....if i miss once im dead....a guy on my shard does it solo on his sampire....what's the trick feint?