• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Peace vs Disco

S

Solus

So... I have around 110 peacemaking. I hear that disco is good for training and basically making tough monsters into lizardmen. But when my GD is fighting something tougher, like a balron and up, I just peace the monster every 5 secs and it seems like he doesn't even get an attack on my dragon. Besides training, any real reason I should put points into Disco if peacemaking allows me to not only get the pets I want, but also allow them to own in PvM?

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So... I have around 110 peacemaking. I hear that disco is good for training and basically making tough monsters into lizardmen. But when my GD is fighting something tougher, like a balron and up, I just peace the monster every 5 secs and it seems like he doesn't even get an attack on my dragon. Besides training, any real reason I should put points into Disco if peacemaking allows me to not only get the pets I want, but also allow them to own in PvM?
I have a Peace Tamer and I have a Disco'r on each account (2).

*Shrug* I would NOT trade off my peaceing for discoing.

Peacmaking allows one to control encounters, discoing enables one to cripple an opponent.

I find being able to peace a Mob while being killed is, from the perspective of winning the encounter, far more effective for me than to Disco it.

G

Gellor

Depends upon the situation... but for me, in 99% of the cases I'll take disco.

I don't fight huge mobs of high powered monsters. If I were going into such situations, I may like peace. OTOH, a simple invis with my pet sitting near will control mobs just as well. All the monsters get on my pet, I vet and greater heal like mad.

So what disco does is let me kill monsters MUCH faster. When I switched about 4-5 years ago, it felt like twice as fast. This is switching from 120 peace to 120 disco.

I use(used) him on champ spawns, harrowers, and other single monsters. Haven't done any peerless type stuff.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd go for disco if I could only choose one. Peace can break easily and quickly, where with disco it's on as long as you're in range and visible. Disco can also speed up the training speed of your pets.

However, if you don't want to drop the skill, why not soulstone it and switch between peace and disco? Then you can get the benefit of whichever skill you want.

I'd suggest hopping to test centre for a try out if you're unsure and don't have a soulstone to safeguard your peace skill. It's one thing for players to suggest what they think you'll enjoy, but in practice you might hate it ;)

Wenchy

S

Solus

I'd go for disco if I could only choose one. Peace can break easily and quickly, where with disco it's on as long as you're in range and visible. Disco can also speed up the training speed of your pets.

However, if you don't want to drop the skill, why not soulstone it and switch between peace and disco? Then you can get the benefit of whichever skill you want.

I'd suggest hopping to test centre for a try out if you're unsure and don't have a soulstone to safeguard your peace skill. It's one thing for players to suggest what they think you'll enjoy, but in practice you might hate it ;)

Wenchy
I need another stone. have 120 eval int on the stone now. If I got another stone I'd drop EI and alternate peace/disco. In fact, I might just do that.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Both disco and peace are good skills.
You rearly use both skills during a fight because of the skill delay, so just stick to one, and have the other on a stone.
And swap as needed.
Having both, i won't recomment. investing 360 skills points is alot, specially if you also want taming,lore,vet at 120.

I wont say one skill is better than the other, but i can tell why i have disco.

I have disco because i kill masses of one type of monster to get the right monster to spawn for taming purpose (most of the time). The kill rate when you have discoed a monster is amazing.

I also use disco on my tamer to disco champ bosses, and kill with GD (i dont kill the actuall spawn on that char, too slow..)

Almost any single bigger target you can disco is worth it (peerless,doom bosses, champ, etc etc)

U

uoBuoY

Be aware...Disco is/was a pain to train.
I trained before Poo published his technique...may be easier now.

Kri

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Be aware...Disco is/was a pain to train.
I trained before Poo published his technique...may be easier now.
Oh, it still seems to be a pretty big pain... I've been trying to pick it up on my tamer to try something different and after training for over a day straight (following Poo's guide) I've only gone up to 56! :cursing:

G

guum

I have both on my tamer, and even if you can't invest the skillpionts to have them both on there simultaneously, it's definitely worth having them both on soulstone to swap off. But for my money, it basically comes down to what you're using your tamer for. If it's champ spawns, peace without a doubt. If it's peerless, disco without a doubt. You can probably extrapolate from there which is best for what other situations.

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Disco without a doubt. The big difference in old peace and what it is now is the chance breaking of peacing when the target takes damage...thats usually what a tamer with peacing wants to do...kill the target. So for me using it for killing things is now worthless. With the right pet if you disco something it renders it pretty much useless. When a monsters wrestling skill and other skills drops due to being discorded and its trying to hit your trained greater or cu it pretty much is like a mongbat beating on a daemon. GM skills become 72 with 120 Discording.

With discord i can control multiple monsters by just discording the mob that is beating on my pet...if you can, keep your pet healed and your set.

The nice part too is that when you have dci and magery skill with a -0 weapon even discorded Balrons will miss you if you have some good magery.
Armor of Fortune + Quiver of Infninity is 25 dci so just add some jewelry and you actually can kill stuff yourself.