• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Peace time runs out

dialtone

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With 120 Music, 115 Peace, and a GM Instrument, I'm finding that I can peace a dragon and it might break Peace, BEFORE the Peace music even stops.

This has happened more than once. Just today, I had my WW fighting a Dragon. Another spawned close by and I hit it with a Peace. It froze, but started moving just a second or so later. The tune was still playing on my flute so I had to wait for it to finish before Peacing again.

Have they mucked up Peace lately? (It's been a few months since I played much)

J

joblackjon

Peace has always been like this for me.

I think the "duration of Peace" and the "chance to break Peace" are dictated by the power of the monster. Then the RNG has go at modifying those numbers so you could end up with many different durations on the same type of monster. I think!

I've had some critters break before the song was half over. During the Ophid invasion my Peace/Disco/Tamer battled the top end of that spawn and sometimes they broke Peace so fast...

G

thats why peace isnt as useful as it once was now it can be broken quite easily in my opinion used to it didnt break even if u were doing damage to the monster

dialtone

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you both for the replies.

I don't mind that they break peace while being beat upon. That makes a lot of sense. Peacers used to rule and I loved it. I did, however, think it was quite silly to be able to beat something to a pulp while it stupidly stood still.

What confuses me is that something, that is not being attacked, can break Peace so darn fast. It makes "The DANCE" have meaning to a Peace only bard.

P

pbftw

well, what's the point in using peace if it doesn't do anything. i mean, if you can't beat the monster up while it is peaced, why have peace?

it's like taming - shouldn't the smarter creatures figure out that if they kill the tamer, the pet will stop attacking?

it's the same concept - a player sits back and let's the mechanics of th egame do the work - that's the reward for working up the skill.

that said, maybe peace shouldn't stop them from attacking you completely, but make them hit slower and softer than normal until the duration runs out.

G

why peace is useless anymore for 1v1 fighting on a tamer best thing peace is for now is the area affect

G

>>>well, what's the point in using peace if it doesn't do anything. i mean, if you can't beat the monster up while it is peaced, why have peace?<<<

Peace comes in handy when fighting Shadow Wyrms or Ancient Wyrms. A successful peace greatly increases your chances of defeating these guys.

J

joblackjon

Peace is also useful when taming something that's trying to kill you!

Wodan

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I'm not mistaken, peacemaking on a dragen or a creature with dragon AI follows some special rules. This is more a rumor than a fact because I have no idea where I read this but try NOT to move after peacemaking the dragon.

it could be that moving during peacemaking the dragon is disrupting the effect ...

G

I haven't heard anything about movement after peace disrupting anything, and haven't experienced anything like this myself.

One thing that will disrupt peacemaking, however, is if you are taking damage the same time you are trying to peace.

If you're taking poison damage from a dragon that you've peaced, the dragon still targets you, although it seems to move very slowly towards you.

Peacemaking can be negated if you are hit by a spell at the same time you are trying to peace the spellcaster.

G

Dragons will break Provo, and I think they can do the same with Peace as well. Not sure though.

dialtone

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think they might break Provo if they are both low on health and are trying to walk away from each other.

They can, and do, break Peace. They don't even have to take damage to break the Peace.

G

Dragons and other beasts will break provo if you move around within a certain area around the 2 scrapping monsters and will target you. I think there is something official on it, but not sure where it is, or if its still active.

G

It's the demon AI isn't it? Same thing will happen with paragons

G

Samething I would think. From the Bard FAQ:
<blockquote><hr>

The base range of all bard abilities is 8 tiles, with each 15 points of skill in ability being used this range gets increased by one tile. Bards must be within this range of their target to use the ability. In addition the bard must stay within that range or the effect of the ability will end.

Once a barding ability (Provocation, Peacemaking, Discordance) has been used on a target, the bard must remain alive, visible and within the range of the target or the effect of the ability ends. Regarding creatures with “Dragon AI” (daemons, drakes, hellhounds, nightmares and of course dragons): If at any point the bard moves while using any barding ability that might compel the creature to switch target on the moving character. To avoid that a bard can use teleportation to move around.

[/ QUOTE ]