• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PC on old bugged dye tub

G

I am on Catskills and I have 2 dye tubs that appear in everyway to be your standard normal dye tub...etc the liquid in it is black and they dye things black.

I am told they are an old bugged dye tub from years ago....any information and relative worth would be appreciated.

G

wait a minute... they dye clothing black or everything black such as furniture and other items?

There's rumored to be black furny dye tubs and I recently sold a stool from an idoc for a hefty amount of gold. So a tub of this nature would fetch millions upon millions unless it gets deleted before then.

S

Soam414

if it can dye furny black i would keep quiet about it and just sell off some black dyed furny for hefty amounts of gold every day

G

Yea no kidding. Now that UO has 0 GM support I'd just suggest loading up luna vendors on every shard with pure black furny priced to sell heh. you'd make a hefty few bils im sure.

G

It is doubtful this guy has the black furniture dye tub. That was lost a long time ago.

Ryna

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*whistles*

Alrighty, thread cleaned.

You may now return to your normal on-topic posting.

G

thanks for the input everyone...I went back and tried them out they just dye cloth it seems.

N

nickdafunk

Its not a bugged item its an old skool item. Back in the days before black dye tubs were ten-a-penny they used to be a truely rare and hard to get/desirable item!

So they were just dying tubs, but black ones. Not like now when they are all labeled black dye tub 1st year vet reward etc etc...

E

Einstein

That is a old black dye tub that you could select as a reward from the Britannia cleanup event.

This is from when things didnt decay, means if u dropped stuff - it laid there till someone picked it up.

So, they made the cleanup event that gave you points for everything you put in the trash can. And from that you collected points wich you could trade for certain rewards, and the black dye tub was one of them.

K

Kerrik

Sorry, but...

The black dye tub comes from an old 3rd party tool. For the first week or so these started popping up they were banning people for possession of them. The tubs had became so widespread, the clothing so enormously popular and since the hole in which they were created was closed, they were deemed legal.

The cloth was never really difficult to obtain since house walls didn't block actions at the time. You could walk under the eaves of a person's home and use a dye tub inside from the outside, this also worked for shearing sheep.. using facilities and so on.

Clean-up Britannia was initiated not because items didn't decay.. it was due to the fact that houses had no item limits and the full contents of a house would load when it came on screen.

There were houses in some locations that would take minutes to load.