• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PC on a sigil aof

• Thread starter devid1995
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
D

devid1995

can i get a price check on a sigil aof and sigil tunic of fire

G

For the AOF I'm pretty sure you can dye it with a leather dye tub, and since there are dye tubs out there that can dye leather the colors available on a regular tub such as sigil, it shouldnt really influence the price..

As for the Tunic of Fire, I'ld probably add at least a mil to 3m to the price....the reason I wouldn't consider as being worth more is b/c its not one of the more desirable artifacts...most people with the money to spend would rather an rbc, an aof, or crafted leather....a tunic of fire is more geared to a low end armor set b/c it gives them max resists, but doesnt incorporate the mods that you truly need.

D

devid1995

ok thank you for that advice but i tryed all my tubs on my cursed aof and none of them worked but the leather and none of the colors were even close to the sigil so i have to ask the question agn how much is the sigil aof worth

G

You have to have a special leather dye tub, they're technically illegal I believe, but there are a fair number of them floating around out there and normally run around 60-100m. They dye leather the same colors that a basic dye tub offers, and are called neon dye tubs, which are made through a glitch in the game. They would also account for any leather armor you see floating around in odd colors.

W

Winder UO

There are BUGGED leather dye tubs that dye the colors from normal dye tubs. So its still not worth more than the regular one.

G

Thank you, that was alil clearer then my long winded garbled post!

D

devid1995

but this is the real deal sigil aof i have had this aof for 4 years now i have been told that it has a gold value of 45-60 mill just would like to know if there is a lot of these tubs out there that dyes a aof sigil why dont we see more of them than just mine in the 4 years i have had this one i have not seen a nother one

G

B/C no ones chosen to dye an aof sigil? The armor I wear is currently dyed sigil and dark grey, and trust me I didnt wander around for months or years on end looking for the resists and mods I need in sigil.

Sigil these days is somewhat worthless bc it can be replicated with cloth tubs, furny tubs, and neon tubs. The only items that still retain value are those that are not dyable with one of those tubs.

You might be able to tack an extra few mil on to the price of the aof, bc someone would have to have access to a tub to get it that color otherwise, but most major shards have at least a tub if not several on it. Thats based off the sheer amount of neon armor I see floating around on the shards i play and visit reguarly.

D

devid1995

all im saying is i have had this aof for 4 years time and in the 4 years i have had this aof i have not seen a nother one and i ran into a person today that told me that the aof i have on is worth 45-60 mill just would like to get a idea of the real
rarity of it. and if i sell it to him what will be a fair price his offer was 45 mill

G

I'ld say that for him roughly the cost of an undyed aof, maybe a few mil more would be fair....for you ild say thats more than fair.

I mean If I had access to one I could buy aofs endlessly and just dye them all sigil. Several years ago the value would be higher bc it couldnt be dyed, now that it can, the rarity and the worth wont change much from the original color. Some people would probably even pay less b/c its been dyed

G

The 45 mil figure seems fair to me if someone just has to have the sigil color and has no chance to access the 60mil value bugged dye tub. It would cost them a lot less than buying a regular armor of fortune and a bugged dye tub (my math says 89mil minimum if someone went that route). So, a good savings.

G

Thats assuming the buyer realises that there is such a thing as a neon dye tub. Selling them the item for that much without their knowledge of it would be a blatant deception, since someone like myself could simply come along the next day with a dye tub and completely destroy the value of a sigil aof by dying 30 of them and selling all of them.

The price the buyer offered was based on the fact that its a sigil artifact, and the common belief is that sigil can not be reproduced. Although in some cases this is true, for many items, ie; clothing, leather and wooden furniture it is not, and the items can be produced endlessly if you know how to find the color on a tub. There was actually an education thread a few weeks back on this forum which explained how to find sigil on a dye tub. Really quite simple actually, most people use to much purple and not enough blue!

The point of the matter is though, that a sigil aof is not a rare item, its simply another dyed aof. I could dye one maroon or lime green, but does that make it rare and worth 45m or more? No it just makes it an aof that someone dyed.

Now if the color wasn't reproducable then I could see it affecting the value, for instance the several sigil arcane shields floating around, or [blessed] sigil sandals that are occasionally for sale. As far as I know those can't be reproduced hence the increase in worth.

G

Good points. I would not want the item myself, and agree that most people want the default color anyway. However, if the average UO player must have a sigil colored leather tunic, how are they supposed to obtain one? I'd say finding someone willing to just loan them their bugged dye tub would be nigh impossible.

That would make this a case of one person's trash is another person's rare treasure, would it not?

G

fortunatley dye tubs allow the same security settings as chests, pouches, and bags....owner, co-owner, guild, friend, or anyone....perhaps it might be time to make a new friend.....

G

Aye, I have all of the commonly available dye tubs made public for anyone to use at my Luna home.

If anyone wishes to donate one of the bugged tubs to me, I'll be happy to ensure that everyone has free access to it.

Until such time as this type of tub is made totally public on a few shards, the value of these sigil items will remain high to people who really want the color but don't know anyone who can provide it (nearly all players).

Crash the market, please.

G

I'll sell you hundreds of Sigil AOFs for 30mil each and you can go selling them at 40mil per. How's that?

G

No thank you.

The puzzling thing is that someone said above that the dyed items are worth little premium and yet say the tub itself is worth tens of millions.

To me, that makes no sense.

It would be like saying tokuno dyes are worthless. Yes, those have limited charges, but with the controls seemingly placed on the usage of the 'rare' leather tub, that is limited as well. Surely the use of the 'rare' leather tub is worth something, otherwise there would be a plethora of them made public.

Unless someone such as yourself were to open his/her doors and have a public facility to allow dying of such items, I think it is fair to say they are 'somewhat rare,' based on the good old boy system.

W

Winder UO

The tub was piss easy to make. Surprise me that not more people did it really.

G

Your basing your estimation of its worth on the fact that its sigil. What is sigil, its a combination of blue and purple, then lightened almost 100%. If I go and dye an aof say a neon green as I mentioned before, does that make it rare? Should I be able to sell it for 45m? The answer is NO, its just another color, b/c if it was the case that you could, the people who do own these dye tubs would've already capitalized on the idea.

It's not that this AOF wouldn't be worth more, if there wasn't a way to reproduce it so easily. The simple fact that it can be reproduced is what devalues it. Whether or not the entire population of UO has access to a neon dye tub, doesnt really matter b/c it only takes one person to be able to make more, and more and more. Would it be fair to sell the item to someone for an elevated price, when as I also said before, someone could come along the next day and flood the market with it? If you know that its a possibility that the item you consider rare can be reproduced so simply, then no it wouldn't be fair to sell it for an exagerated price.

I'm sure you wouldnt appreciate buying an item for roughly double its worth b/c of what you consider a unique color only to find out that its not unique at all, and that someone could easily make more.