• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Paying for TSO wthout a Credit Card

G

I dont have a Credit Card (like many others I'm sure)

I have 2 accounts - on one I have my sisters CC set up to take automatic payments - all great

On my second account, I'm told that I cant have the same CC so I used to pay by purchasing time cards - Now I cant even find time cards in the EA.store website! Don't know if anyone can point me in the right direction :)

So my sub ran out on friday Maint - I pay the only othe rway I can - by PayPal (please allow upto 24 hours) Im still waiting for my code.

I've lost 3 days :-( (Friday, Saturday & Sunday) and its now coming up for Maint on Monday and STILL NO CODE.

Help

G

Also - while I'm here....

Why is it advertised at US$9.99 per month when I pay $13.99??

I

imported_Raevyn_baby

Gee...i have no idea...I pay for 3 accounts with same credit card info

G

<blockquote><hr>

Also - while I'm here....

Why is it advertised at US$9.99 per month when I pay $13.99??

[/ QUOTE ]

Ask AJ or Polly or something.
It's a European thing. Some silly tax thing you have to pay. EA doesn't get that money if I'm not incorrect.

G

Actually you CAN use the same credit card to pay for mutiple accounts if you want to. There is nothing wrong or illegal or against the rules to use the same credit card. Save your money and don't use paypal especially when you don't have to.

Someone gave you bad information about the credit card not being able to be used more then once.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Actually you CAN use the same credit card to pay for mutiple accounts if you want to. There is nothing wrong or illegal or against the rules to use the same credit card. Save your money and don't use paypal especially when you don't have to.

Someone gave you bad information about the credit card not being able to be used more then once.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I'm pretty sure the emails to register had to be unique.... both of my accounts are on the same CC (I think). I should have responded to that originally

G

<blockquote><hr>

I dont have a Credit Card (like many others I'm sure)
So my sub ran out on friday Maint - I pay the only othe rway I can - by PayPal (please allow upto 24 hours) Im still waiting for my code.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here, I don't have a credit card, so I pay via Paypal. I was told from customer support it actually 'may take up to 72 hours to process'. I paid Thursday Nov 27 (still had 3-4 days left on my trial), and still they haven't upgraded it to a paid subscription.

I understand about office hours for customer support and all that, and I'm trying to not lose my patience.

G

<blockquote><hr>

It's a European thing. Some silly tax thing you have to pay. EA doesn't get that money if I'm not incorrect.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the VAT = Value Added Tax

EA is charged the tax and passes the cost on to its customers. Remember this whenever a pol says "we're going to tax the corporations!" What they are really saying is "we're going to tax YOU but make the corportations act as middlemen so you will hate them instead of us."

N

names

just a thought

I'm UK too, I pay via credit cards and I believe that the problem is in the conversion rates and bank charges,,since the beginning of going online I have paid £7.99, this price has never changed.

Whether at that time POUND v DOLLAR rates were set by ea games as to what charge against my account to be per month.

as looking at the conversion rates today it shows the difference

$9.99 = £4.8389 &lt; or &gt; £7.99 = $16.49

for some reason we have always seem to be screwed this way.

The same rule of conversion applies in other games

G

<blockquote><hr>

just a thought

I'm UK too, I pay via credit cards and I believe that the problem is in the conversion rates and bank charges,,since the beginning of going online I have paid £7.99, this price has never changed.

Whether at that time POUND v DOLLAR rates were set by ea games as to what charge against my account to be per month.

as looking at the conversion rates today it shows the difference

$9.99 = £4.8389 &lt; or &gt; £7.99 = $16.49

for some reason we have always seem to be screwed this way.

The same rule of conversion applies in other games

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes the account that is paid by CC is charged £7.99. Just wondering how this figure is reached (it's bugging me now) is this supposed to be the £ equivalent of $9.99 + VAT (currently 17.5%)

I think I may have to contact Cust Support to see what the 'official line' is

Still NO CODE from my Paypoo (typo intended) payment Friday

G

Again why bother with paypal and pay more when it is NOT needed. Just use the same credit card to pay for the second account. I have 4 all on the same credit card, same email, same addresss everything is the same nothing different.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Again why bother with paypal and pay more when it is NOT needed. Just use the same credit card to pay for the second account. I have 4 all on the same credit card, same email, same addresss everything is the same nothing different.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd RATHER pay by paypal, it is an offered method of payment and is my preferred method of payment then the money comes straight form MY account rather then me having to pay my sister back.

Also it doesn't cost any more than the £7.99 that comes off of her card, in fact it's usually *very* slightly less.

G

I use paypal regularly and hon the problem could be with paypal itself... you should contact them it may not even be sims online thats holding up your subscription. Paypal wont release funds to Sims online till it has the money out of your account and in their hands ..... had an instance where a payment was sent to me and took over a month to get into my account almost 2 months and no one at paypal could tell me why... so invistage whats going on with the money with paypal first before you get angry with Ea or Sims online

G

Ok well since you were asking why paypal was $13.99 vs. $9.99 it seemed like it was a more expensive method for you, I guess it isn't.

As for game time codes they have always been offered here - http://www.tsogamecode.com/store/index.asp

As far as the code the billing dept of EA isn't there on the weekends so i am assuming since it is barely 9:30am where they are located that you *should* hear from them today, but that is just my opinion. It's not a paypal problem since you have paid by what you say. It's now up to EA to confirm/verify it and send your game registration code?

G

I've got 3 accounts all registered to the same visa debit card (I'm also in the UK) and like Names, I've been paying £7.99 a month since the beginning of time regardless of the current US dollar to pound exchange rates.

You could try using your regular bank card (assuming you have one) especially if its a visa debit card, as I think many are now.

Polly

G

<blockquote><hr>

I've got 3 accounts all registered to the same visa debit card (I'm also in the UK) and like Names, I've been paying £7.99 a month since the beginning of time regardless of the current US dollar to pound exchange rates.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't want to think how much money EA have stolen from us over the years by refusing to let the credit card company do the exchange instead of a fixed monthly UK price.

£2 a month x $2:1 exchange rate x 48 months ... about $200 per account.

aj

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't want to think how much money EA have stolen from us over the years by refusing to let the credit card company do the exchange instead of a fixed monthly UK price.

aj

[/ QUOTE ]

Stealing would mean you gave the money over unwillingly, that they took it from you without consent. You opted to subscribe and for that amount, which means you willingly gave the money.

That sort of implication is a bit harsh, don't you think?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

aj

[/ QUOTE ]

You could have chosen to stop paying at any time over the years AJ, the fact that you made the decision to continue to pay for your accounts at the rate you were paying despite the exchange rate means you gave your money willingly, nobody stole anything from you, nor did they force you to continue subscribing.

But this thread isn't about you, its about someone asking for advice on how to play without using a credit card.

Polly

G

<blockquote><hr>

Stealing would mean you gave the money over unwillingly, that they took it from you without consent. You opted to subscribe and for that amount, which means you willingly gave the money.

[/ QUOTE ]

If we in the UK are being charged far more than US residents, for no good reason (I accept the VAT - even though I don't like it) then I would say we have every reason to be upset.

The US dollar wasn't so worthless when I started playing TSO, so the gap has increased over the years and EA seemingly haven't updated what non-US residents are supposed to pay.

Maybe they just didn't realise... which is fine, I am happy to accept a refund and a simple apology.

aj

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

If we in the UK are being charged far more than US residents, for no good reason (I accept the VAT - even though I don't like it) then I would say we have every reason to be upset.

The US dollar wasn't so worthless when I started playing TSO, so the gap has increased over the years and EA seemingly haven't updated what non-US residents are supposed to pay.

Maybe they just didn't realise... which is fine, I am happy to accept a refund and a simple apology.

aj

[/ QUOTE ]

Hold your breathe, maybe you will get what you ask for.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

aj

[/ QUOTE ]

Hold your breathe, maybe you will get what you ask for.

[/ QUOTE ]
I find myself in the unusual position of agreeing with aj - I see no reason, be it economical, legal, or moral for EA not to make adjustments allowing for the exchange rate.
Yeah, I know - it's not going to happen, but it's a matter of principle.

P

pixelmaxiod

So i dont have a credit card how am i supose to pay i dont really get the paying system im sort of new. . .

G

<blockquote><hr>

So i dont have a credit card how am i supose to pay i dont really get the paying system im sort of new. . .

[/ QUOTE ]

You can do as others suggested w/ paypal and whatnot, but honestly every pharmacy type store sells those pay as you go credit cards... I think this is the simplest way. You can add money to them at the location where you purchased them, I believe.

G

I've been looking into these 'pre paid' credit cards...... Do you research before you chose one

Unfortuantely - I bank with NatWest who's cards are now Maestro only, which EA (amongst many other online companies) don't accept LOL

I think I will stick to buying the the game time cards as its US$29.99 for 90 days OR paying by Paypal......

22/10/07 US$ 13.99 to [email protected]
Currency Conversion: £7.00 GBP = $13.99 USD
The exchange rate for this purchase is 1 GBP = 1.99859USD

30/11/07 $13.99 to [email protected]
Currency Conversion: £6.95 GBP = $13.99 USD
The exchange rate for this purchase is 1 GBP = 2.01553USD

Roughly £1 cheaper than paying by CC

Just have ro remember to pay it about a week before its due to expire.

G

<blockquote><hr>

but honestly every pharmacy type store sells those pay as you go credit cards

[/ QUOTE ]

Not in the UK....

aj

G

if u pay using the 90 day gamecode you should get an email remninder about 5-7 days before it expires.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

but honestly every pharmacy type store sells those pay as you go credit cards

[/ QUOTE ]

Not in the UK....

aj

[/ QUOTE ]

But the UK has you so that makes up for it &lt;3

G

Whatever I pay varies depending on the exchange rate, at one stage I paid about $20, but now it's only about 14.

G

<blockquote><hr>

How do you get a game code?

[/ QUOTE ]

Scroll up! ^