• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Patchurday: Bitter Black 3.1 uploaded to UOSkins today...

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

A few tweaks, mostly mini-map system based which I think Fisherpeeps will enjoy:

- Player icon on minimap accurately centered!
- Fix for the waypoint problem of waypoints not creating above 150N.
- Make Max will now continue after a failure (note that you will be UNABLE to Esc out of the creation macro until you run out of resources, run out of room, or break a tool).
- Reversed the display of Longitude/Latitude on the waypoint entry to be in sync with SOS and sextant displays.

These changes thanks to Ash/SonomaGuy and all but the last one can be found in his SonomaUI2 if you're wanting to throw them into another UI skin besides Bitter Black.

For those who may be new to Bitter Black, the following are the changes you will experience compared to the KR default UI:

Bitter Black 2.0:
1. Bitter Black Skin: credit to B-LAU

2. Radar Map is now VISIBLE on login due to edit in Radarmap.lua.
Credit: athos_uo

3. Added Item Properties v1.5
- Added bold item names
- Added thousands separator in every cases (grid containers too)
- Added durability check: if the durability is under 10, the value will be orange, if is 0 become red.
- Added a weight check: if an item will bring you overloaded the weight value will be red.
- Added artifacts (with rarity only) and set title color.
Sets have an orange line for highlight the uncompleted sets and an purple line for highlight a full set.
- Changed the engrave string, now it will never show the "Engraved: " text but shows only the custom text in golden color.
Credit: Pinco
NOTE: Fixed word-wrap truncation within Pinco's files.
Credit: Sabbath

4. Added Pinco's update to Sarphus's Animal Lore Gump v1.2
Credit: Sarphus for original design, Pinco for updated design.

5. Added Pinco's Arcanist Target Window v 1.3
Credit: Pinco

6. Various XML/LUA tweaks as posted by Illandril/Gildar/Sahra Swift which include:
- A chat history coding fix
- Trade window Name Truncation
- A set of Context Menu tweaks
- A scale tweak to Equipment Data, might be of use on the paperdoll
- Fixed the scrollbar issues in the User Settings window
- Fixed locations of dye colors when accessing menus for special dye tubs
Credit: Illandril/Gildar/Sahra Swift

7. Tweaked Mobile Health Bars so that the Name appears on the top left just below the life bar and the Hits:XX% notation is a line lower right justified near the X to close. I also centered the X button on the spot provided on the gump.
Credit: Myself Dermott of LS

Changes in BB2.5(a)

8. Added Commas to vendor prices as well as made the vendor price a gold color text string to help it stand out more. Credit: Suggestion: Flutter Codebase: Myself

9. Fixed a number truncation due to the addition of commas in checks with Pub 52. Credit: Myself (Removed Pinco's commas to checks addition)

10. Added in commas and red text format to new Vendor Penalty line. Credit: Myself with testing help from Fayled Dreams

Changes in BB3.0

11. Able to right click to close object handles that do not have a context menu. Credit: Ash from SonomaUI package

12. Displays Tithing pts on status bar, pushes buffs down to fit in. Credit Ash from SonomaUI package with a tweak to fit BB by me.

13. Displays coordinates under radar and on world map in format of sextant. Credit: Ash

Changes in BB3.1

14. Player icon on minimap accurately centered! Credit: Ash

15. Fix for the waypoint problem of waypoints not creating above 150N. Credit Ash

16. Make Max will now continue after a failure (note that you will be UNABLE to Esc out of the creation macro until you run out of resources, run out of room, or break a tool). Credit: Ash. I have one person wanting to see if we can do a toggle for this, so this may change in the future.

17. Reversed the display of Longitude/Latitude on the waypoint entry to be in sync with SOS and sextant displays. Credit: Ash for code, myself for addition. I have tested this and Fishermen can now treat the KR ingame map just like UOAM in regards to mapping out SOS locations.

A

AI3ysmal

Downloaded and installed Bitter Black yesterday. It works perfectly thank you for taking the time to put this stuff together. Been using KR pretty exclusively for the past week and I am really starting to enjoy it as I take the time the learn about it. Thanks again.:thumbup1:

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love these little patchurdays for our skins . :)

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Right now it's justa bout all we've got to go on in terms of KR improvement. That's why I've been trying to focus on finding and incorporating changes that add or fix functionality with the UI. I have to hand it to Ash, he's been going crazy and his map changes/fixes are HUGE.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a request from a friend. I'm not sure if its possible to do.

She got a problem with crafting menu. She don't have a mousewheel on her mouse. With that she can't scroll in the crafting menu's when there more items on it then 1 page. The bar and arrows next to the items won't work for it. Right now she can't make scribe pens because of this. The bar and arrows do work on the backpacks and chests.

Is it possible to make the list scroll for people without mousewheel on the crafting menu's?

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I'll look into it.

I THINK most of the scroll bar issues are the sections that hold the information end up having a transparent portion of their part overlapping the scroll bar itself which makes it so that the scroll wheel on the mouse works, but you can't interact with the scroll bar.

I'll see if I can find the right parts and shrink the right piece.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Hmm the problem desn't seem to be what I thought it was... I'll have to see if someone else knows what's going on there and if we can fix it.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for trying. It would realy help her and maybe some other people.
For my friend its the biggest issue she needs to deal with. :)

A

Ash

Hmm the problem desn't seem to be what I thought it was... I'll have to see if someone else knows what's going on there and if we can fix it.
You were on right direction.. in the xml file it is the ScrollChild window that is overlapping the scrollbar. I changed the x for abspoint from 385 to 345 and works perfectly.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

That did it!

I've made the change and will upload the one file affected seperately and post the link as people ask for it.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can you explain how to fix the scroll problem in steps to me please? I'm not that great with that stuff.:)

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Other way I can tell you is to open the same file in Notepad, scroll down to this section of code:

Code:
<!-- List of recipes -->
        <ScrollWindow name="$parentListView" childscrollwindow="$parentScrollChild" scrollbar="$parentScrollbar" lineheight="60" >
          <Size>
            <AbsPoint x="10" y="10" />
          </Size>
          <Anchors>
            <Anchor point="bottomleft" relativePoint="topleft" relativeTo="$parentItemLabel" >
              <AbsPoint x="0" y="0" />
            </Anchor>
            <Anchor point="bottomleft" relativePoint="bottomright" relativeTo="$parentItemLabel" >
              <AbsPoint x="385" y="380"/>
            </Anchor>
          </Anchors>
          <Windows>
            <VerticalScrollbar name="$parentScrollbar" inherits="StandardVertScroll" >
            </VerticalScrollbar>

<Window name ="$parentScrollChild" >
              <Size>
                <AbsPoint x=[b]"385"[/b] y="380"/>
              </Size>
            </Window>
          </Windows>
        </ScrollWindow>
and change to:

Code:
<!-- List of recipes -->
        <ScrollWindow name="$parentListView" childscrollwindow="$parentScrollChild" scrollbar="$parentScrollbar" lineheight="60" >
          <Size>
            <AbsPoint x="10" y="10" />
          </Size>
          <Anchors>
            <Anchor point="bottomleft" relativePoint="topleft" relativeTo="$parentItemLabel" >
              <AbsPoint x="0" y="0" />
            </Anchor>
            <Anchor point="bottomleft" relativePoint="bottomright" relativeTo="$parentItemLabel" >
              <AbsPoint x="385" y="380"/>
            </Anchor>
          </Anchors>
          <Windows>
            <VerticalScrollbar name="$parentScrollbar" inherits="StandardVertScroll" >
            </VerticalScrollbar>

<Window name ="$parentScrollChild" >
              <Size>
                <AbsPoint x=[b]"345"[/b] y="380"/>
              </Size>
            </Window>
          </Windows>
        </ScrollWindow>
The bolded part is what you'll be changing to make the fix.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

That will have to be someone else... my abilities with graphics are... laughable at best.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks that worked great! :)

Will you include this fix in the next bitter black version when you update it?

My friend will be very happy to hear about this fix! :D

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Yep, it will be in the next upload, but I'm going to wait for a few more tweaks, changes and fixes before I upload a new version.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

For now I would use the file I linked here. Just download it to your desktop, then cut/paste it into the Bitter Black Source directory to replace the version that is currently there.

OR alternatively, if someone DOESN'T use Bitter Black, they can still download the fix and apply it to their UI.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:grouphug:

Dermott You are the Best!!

And thank you to all those that work to keep those skins up!!

Ori

Zym Dragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
6th circle spell???

J/K Great work on the skin...
I recreated the "Circles" spell icons this afternoon and added them to my classic icons pack.

I also made a new set of stats icons from 2d client icons, etc. I plan on making another set of stats icons that are more similar to the "classic" feel of the spell and weapon special icons. I am throwing these out there for people who may like them.

You can Download them both from here: http://rivendell.zymdragon.com/downloads.aspx