Passive detect on siege?

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 9, 2006
your moms room
WE are almost a prodo shard now, why not put it in on siege...

WE all say its the hard shard ra ra ra, well lets see people not be able to hide...

It is siege still isnt it?

I

imported_mo'gluk

I am just for removing the ability to control pets while stealth'd, stealth is fine it sthe combo with taming that is ugly

R

Rykus

I've always thought they got it backwards myself. Siege should be the only shard with passive detect. Seems funny that the veteran shard allows you to stealth with much less difficulty than every other shard.

P

Punani/Atilla

Hmm, I like the pet idea. That is too powerful. The stealth tamer is really the only temp that can run naked and still get a fair amount of kills. I know my temp could not do the same. As for Passive Detect, I think skill points should go towards it or couple it with the detect skill.

M

Masumatek

Why add passive detect when you can just remove stealth?

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 9, 2006
your moms room
yea but it would be nice to actually SEE people.... Like I said I thought this was still siege but apprently its like a production shard just more trammie now....

If it werent for the great people I met here Id prolly not even play... gotta love the community friends and foes.

A

AntiOTF

Yeah I went to prodo and made a stealth char thinking I would be awesome like on siege, and boy was i wrong! You can hardly stealth anywhere without being detected on prodo shards.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Why add passive detect when you can just remove stealth?

[/ QUOTE ]

It would actually make more sense that if you have a pet in tow, or are mounted on a pet, you can't hide.

N

Nerf-Herder

I think the devs should make it so any character played by Puffy can be guard whacked at any time, in any place, and for no other reason than it would be funny as [censored]!

I

imported_Pestilence Hemp

they need to make seige have old stealth style. No auto stealth. it took real skill to play with that. had a delay after hiding. the you still had to activate the stealth skill. the you were even lucky yo stealth cuase you were likely to walk on someone and be revealed. i do like the more steps though but wonder if its to many?

G

It should be that after you Hide, you must toggle into Stealth Mode, no delay required. And when in SM, your movement speed is 1/2. Your trying to move quietly after all. This would also apply when in Animal form.

This, with my suggestion above, would effectively solve the problem with Stealth Tamers, but not completely nerf the Skill as to be worthless for the uses it was intended.

N

Nerf-Herder

I'm having flashbacks of that movie "Sneakers" where Robert Redford's character is trying to move slowy through that room so he doesn't set off the motion detectrs lol!

G

Yes.

Stealth = Slow, with deliberate effort.

Most of the imbalances of this game could be corrected if the skills were made to function as they would IRL, if such skill were available IRL, and have items compliment skills but not replace them.

Why do you need a Spell Channeling weapon to cast Mage spells without disarming, but not Necro or Spellweaving spells?

Precasting spells is putting the cart before the horse. I should be...
A. Select Spell.
B. Select Target.
C. Cast.

Replace +skill on jewls with +% of skill...
+10% Magery = adds 10% of your ACTUAL Mage skill. If you have 50 in Magery, it gets increased by 10% to 55. If you have 0 in Magery, it is increased by 0.

A

Alex the Gray

yes- it IS the hard shard.
Hard to find one who is stealthing. Hard period.
Many templates depend upon hide and stealth- they've been around for a while.
I can recall a time when no one used them. There isn't anything wrong with these skills. In my opinion, they just arent being used in the ways originally intended. 'course, that's just my opinion, and you know what they say about those.....

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

<blockquote><hr>

Hmm, I like the pet idea. That is too powerful. The stealth tamer is really the only temp that can run naked and still get a fair amount of kills. I know my temp could not do the same. As for Passive Detect, I think skill points should go towards it or couple it with the detect skill.

[/ QUOTE ]

because I've gotten stellar loot from your corpse...

M

Masumatek

"Many templates depend upon hide and stealth-"

Like all of them if you want to compete without taming?

"I can recall a time when no one used them"

A time when it took more skill you mean?

I

imported_Krystal

i made this exact thread like not even 2 months ago. about how passive detect should be on sp! and everyone cryed lol!
*stomps off*

G

Ok yall need to go take a flying F at a rolling doughnut if you want to have passive detect on siege. I did my rot just like everyone else to train herding... and I have yet to see a herding alricity scroll so I am doubly screwed. I invest 100 points for hide 100+ for stealth and 100 for herding and you want to nerf this? Herding is useless on a trammy shard because animals don't block you in trammy land, so siege is the last bastion for the shepherd! I do not want to have 20 foxes in tow and get revealed by a stupid bird.

A

Alex the Gray

they cry at anything that doesn't let them own the shard.
Just ignore them- maybe they'll just learn to play their characters....

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 9, 2006
your moms room
To be quite honest, why not just give up stealth and if you wish to hide you can still smoke bomb.... Its just sad this shard has come to people being able to do anything virutally untouched...

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 9, 2006
your moms room
<blockquote><hr>

I think the devs should make it so any character played by Puffy can be guard whacked at any time, in any place, and for no other reason than it would be funny as [censored]!

[/ QUOTE ]

It is funny, just stealth around and follow me, youll see it serveral times a night, I dont learn my lesson.

G

While I agree that it can be extremely frustrating, consider this side of the coin:

Those who are NOT good at PvP, those who have terrible connections, those who would most likely lose every battle, even if they were running the most effective template of the day, would probably pack up and leave if they did not have the small amount of safety that stealth offers them.

While I, personally, would like to have stealth and hiding made far more difficult to use, have all but one guard zone vanish into thin air, and have player-run towns become the order of the day, I have to think of the overall impact.

Passive detect is utterly insane. There you are, using a skill that you have utterly mastered - you are legendary in the skill - and a chicken - the ultimate bird-brain - pops out of a bush and reveals you. Now, apply that same scenario to ANY other skill, and tell me you'd put up with it.
You're in mid-battle, with your legendary fencing, anatomy, bushido, chiv, etc, and along comes a cat. BANG! Your sword explodes, your leggings fall down, and you suddenly can't hit the broad side of a barn. You die, horribly, to a passing noob with 10 points of skill in tailoring.

Tell me you'd put up with that?

However, that's not to say stealth isn't silly in of itself. If I walk into 'something invisible', I should have a chance to grab it, and find out what it is. If I'm moving around in that state, I should have a chance to 'make a rustling sound to the south' or something to tip off others that I'm nearby.

But, passive detect? Go away.

Which is exactly what I'm about to do. Have a good day, Siege. I'll die to most of you this weekend!

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 9, 2006
your moms room
<blockquote><hr>

While I agree that it can be extremely frustrating, consider this side of the coin:

Those who are NOT good at PvP, those who have terrible connections, those who would most likely lose every battle, even if they were running the most effective template of the day, would probably pack up and leave if they did not have the small amount of safety that stealth offers them.

While I, personally, would like to have stealth and hiding made far more difficult to use, have all but one guard zone vanish into thin air, and have player-run towns become the order of the day, I have to think of the overall impact.

Passive detect is utterly insane. There you are, using a skill that you have utterly mastered - you are legendary in the skill - and a chicken - the ultimate bird-brain - pops out of a bush and reveals you. Now, apply that same scenario to ANY other skill, and tell me you'd put up with it.
You're in mid-battle, with your legendary fencing, anatomy, bushido, chiv, etc, and along comes a cat. BANG! Your sword explodes, your leggings fall down, and you suddenly can't hit the broad side of a barn. You die, horribly, to a passing noob with 10 points of skill in tailoring.

Tell me you'd put up with that?

However, that's not to say stealth isn't silly in of itself. If I walk into 'something invisible', I should have a chance to grab it, and find out what it is. If I'm moving around in that state, I should have a chance to 'make a rustling sound to the south' or something to tip off others that I'm nearby.

But, passive detect? Go away.

Which is exactly what I'm about to do. Have a good day, Siege. I'll die to most of you this weekend!

[/ QUOTE ]

You asked me for a scenario... a hidden tamer kills you with an all kill and presses a hide/smokebomb macro.... you die.... you lose 720 skill... you dont need to have stealth to play, like many have said there was a time long long ago when people didnt have too.... funny thing is 85% of them are blue and have nothing to hide from but pks.. :/ this is going nowhere but it was more of a statement than anything else.

A

Alex the Gray

then the problem isn't stealth, but the fact that this aspect of pvp has not yet been "balanced". Tamers don't kill me- cause I normally don't fight. I understand it must be frustrating to devote your time and skills into pvp, only to have them be useless. When they were addressing the pvp issues, why wasn't anything done with tamers? They hit almost everyone else, and are still working on it. Has there been any word about taming? Not to make them vulnerable and easy prey to anyone, but maybe to make their task a little more challenging?