• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Passive Detect Changes

Should passive detect changes be implemented quickly, and how?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

T'Challa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOLOL LETS ALL PLAY ASSASSINS AND STEALTHERS WOOT, IT'S THE BEST! LETS IGNORE THE "PVPERS" THAT ACTUALLY PLAY ON PASSIVE DETECT SERVERS AND STILL OWN FACE ON THEIR STEALTH BOKS AND ANYTHING ELSE STEALTH RELATED!

:thumbup1:

p.s. You all still fail at an argument, let me know when you're ready to man up.
Once again, it's not only the peenvspeeners whose opinion counts in this matter. Spewing hate and vitriol at others also severely undermines any decent argument you may have.

Why anyone suggested you as some sort of "representative" is beyond me.

F

Førsaken

Because I'm not a noob and forum = fun time. :thumbup1:

Back to the topic at hand...LETS ALL PLAY STEALTHERS, THEY'RE UBERLY COOL AND YOU CAN SMOKE BOMB ALLLL DAY YEAH! DETECT? WHAT DETECT? YOU CAN'T CATCH ME WITH YOUR SILLY DETECT WOOOOOOOOOT!

Let me know when you kids can actually say the following things; You're good at UO, you have PvP'd on Test Center and/prodo shard with a stealth template-AND you're good at it. Until then, fail boat all around.

Ru TnT

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ru all those tools you say you use to kill stealthers are bogus. You forgot to mention that your main tool is numbers to kill your opponents. Since Bo put stealth back on Bo hasnt died and has killed alot of your guildies. That is over 3-4 weeks, Bo doesnt plan on dieing anytime soon. The only time Bo would die in the past was when Bo would be overly aggressive. Bo killed your mates right infront of you at an idoc the other day. Sure you revealed Bo once, and the rest of the time y'all were baffled.

i logged in after you killed someone(maybe newt?) at the idoc. i went to the idoc, revealed you, and then you left. i then killed nightstalker(sorry :)) and logged off shortly after that. I've been awol for about 3-4 weeks now, might want to change your plans... rolleyes:

Hattori Hanzo

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As the shard dies, people continue to argue against the skills and templates that they don't like. Too bad.

How about addressing speed-hacking, or making some of the changes that help everyone without damage to specific templates.

As long as this community continues to attack itself, no help will come to SP.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How about addressing speed-hacking, or making some of the changes that help everyone without damage to specific templates.
Fortunately for the PvP atmosphere on siege, speedhacking is not and has never been really a problem... thank god.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
PS. We've cited reasons and broken them down to the very mechanics as to why hiding/stealth is an issue. They have not disputed any of our claims. It's pretty obvious to anyone reading this thread that it's an issue... the ones upset about this coming here saying "its not an issue" without ever explaining why the issues those that do have brought up - are wrong.

I dispute them.

With the current Siege ruleset, all "your" issues with stealth can be dealt with in multiple ways. Learning how to use the tools available in game would help you realize how wrong you are.

From reading a few of your posts I have to assume that you either have not used the detect hidden skill, didn't reveal someone after trying once, or just can't fit the skill into your template. None of these reasons make stealth an issue.

If you'd like help learning how to deal with a stealther, I could give ya some tips, it's not going to be the "something for nothing" you're fighting for though.
You dispute them?

Where did you dispute them? All your examples of combating a stealther was with a stealther.

When I asked you how to combat a stealther without being a stealther? You said it was easy. When I asked you how, again. You didn't say a word.

When I told you exactly how detect and tracking are inefficient and asked you to dispute those valid points. You didn't say a word.

You haven't disputed anything. The only thing you've done is sat there and said you want things to stay the same because you like them how they are. Well we all know why you like them how they are. So in the mean time, while we wait to get this issue addressed... enjoy youre advantages to hiding/stealth while you have them or enjoy not playing with people who are fed up with having to be what you like and not what they do. You're doing the shard a great service.

This game give us the freedom to make any template we want.
Apparently the only freedom we're allowed in this is to make a stealther if we want to fight a stealther. Not any template we want.

If everyone needs to be a stealther... where's the freedom in that? Gee. Hmm. Yap.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Because I'm not a noob and forum = fun time. :thumbup1:

Back to the topic at hand...LETS ALL PLAY STEALTHERS, THEY'RE UBERLY COOL AND YOU CAN SMOKE BOMB ALLLL DAY YEAH! DETECT? WHAT DETECT? YOU CAN'T CATCH ME WITH YOUR SILLY DETECT WOOOOOOOOOT!

Let me know when you kids can actually say the following things; You're good at UO, you have PvP'd on Test Center and/prodo shard with a stealth template-AND you're good at it. Until then, fail boat all around.
Same can be said for kat, but these are who we decided. These are those who earned it. His fun poking at peoples stubbornness has nothing to do with why he was picked.

Ru TnT

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You dispute them?

Where did you dispute them? All your examples of combating a stealther was with a stealther.

When I asked you how to combat a stealther without being a stealther? You said it was easy. When I asked you how, again. You didn't say a word.

When I told you exactly how detect and tracking are inefficient and asked you to dispute those valid points. You didn't say a word.

You haven't disputed anything. The only thing you've done is sat there and said you want things to stay the same because you like them how they are. Well we all know why you like them how they are. So in the mean time, while we wait to get this issue addressed... enjoy youre advantages to hiding/stealth while you have them or enjoy not playing with people who are fed up with having to be what you like and not what they do. You're doing the shard a great service.

What I've said is that with everything available in game, you should not be having these issues. Choosing not to use them or not learning how to use them is your call. Nobody should have their template nerfed because you can't get your head out of your ass.

Since I'm fairly sure that you think you're a better player than I am, it should be easy for you to make a template to deal with stealthers without hide/stealth on your template.

E

Elmer Fudd

What I've said is that with everything available in game, you should not be having these issues. Choosing not to use them or not learning how to use them is your call. Nobody should have their template nerfed because you can't get your head out of your ass.

Since I'm fairly sure that you think you're a better player than I am, it should be easy for you to make a template to deal with stealthers without hide/stealth on your template.

Well, Since your so good at it...make a template to beat my dismount hider stealther and dont put hiding and stealth on yerself....I welcome the challenge...

Or lets do a little role reversal here...we will all go AI hiding/stealth archers and you guys come up with templates to counter it without hiding stealth yerself and you guys show us how its done...since its so easy....give up those two hundred points for no offence or defence and see how that works out for ya?

I patiently awate the challange to be excepted

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You dispute them?

Right. So you can't actually dispute anything anyone's said. You can only say "you don't agree."

rolleyes:

B

Black magick

give me back my 60 damage DS without needing 100hide/120stealth, then i'd be ok with the passive detect being added.
HELL YES! I am 100% behind this statement. I want to play my ds necro mage and nerve ds necro again, and watch the river of blood and tears that siege will become. Along with the wailing of the tnt guild as they get molested by the unstoppable templates that surface.

@ Ru's latest comment, kinda like the templates I just mentioned that were INSANELY overpowered, but hey with the right tactics they could be brought down. Why should they have been nerfed? It was so unfair to those of us who ran it. I say instead of adding detect lets bring back perfection archers, nervestrike/ds tamers, SE release version of evasion, and up hally and war hammer damage so we can do the good ole hally ebolt = death and one hit kill concussion blows!