• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Parry

• Thread starter WTF_happed_to_uo
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
W

WTF_happed_to_uo

Hello,

I have run into a fellow on my shard who is almost impossible to hit. He runs a archer/swords temp prolly has tac/anat/resist/chiv.......parry?

My question is, when he is running with his bow and hitting me every effin time never effing misses with moving shot. Will his parry still work when he has a bow armed because he has swords on his temp? Because I can never hit the freaking guy. I hide and try for dismounts, he can elude 3 of us no probs, as he is already off the screen by the time the uo server figures out I hit attack.
I run with 120 archery only, 42 DCI/46 HCI BAMM BAMMM BAMMMMM 3 hits from him in 6 seconds and Im OOoooOOoOoOOOo, seriously, every time he want to kill me, he will. I would love to figure out his template and try it.

I can see all his armour too, he does not wear any DCI unless it is on his jewels, but I have seen his brace and that is a negative, no DCI on it.

PLEASE HELP ME because I want to quit because of him if he is cheating, I do feel there is game mechanic manipulation going on here. If it is because of his template being gimp, I can live and learn from it.

If UO does not want to do anything about it, if he is cheating why should I pay them to make myself frustrated when I play fair??

M

Maximinus Thrax

My understanding is that you can't parry with a bow, even if you have bushido. I'd be interested to take a look at who it is though, can you give a name and shard?

My guess is that he could be switching weps while you attack him. If he's swapping to a 2 handed wep when you get in range to attack him/when he sees that you're stopping to take a shot, he's likely to switch to parry it. So keep an eye out for which wep he's equiped, and try grabbing a bow with moving shot, and also get a friend to go disarm him

W

WTF_happed_to_uo

<blockquote><hr>

My understanding is that you can't parry with a bow, even if you have bushido. I'd be interested to take a look at who it is though, can you give a name and shard?

My guess is that he could be switching weps while you attack him. If he's swapping to a 2 handed wep when you get in range to attack him/when he sees that you're stopping to take a shot, he's likely to switch to parry it. So keep an eye out for which wep he's equiped, and try grabbing a bow with moving shot, and also get a friend to go disarm him

[/ QUOTE ]
Hi, no, I have had his ragdoll window up and watched what weps he uses.
There is always a delay when switching weps, but he does switch. He uses a ornate axe ubws to disarm, then he chases you down with a 40 SSI heavy with FB/HLD both over 40. He never misses and can overtake you quite easily, so there is not much chance to get away unless I can hit him with a para shot.
The reason I am asking about template is because there are obvious ones and then then there are ppl who totally destroy these proven templates, put a proven template with proveen HIGH end equipment and same skills, how can the proven temp, with uber equipment and even skills get beat SO BADLY every time?

Thats why I conclude it is either a hybrid template or some other manipulation involved. I would really like for it to be hybrid, so I can learn from it and kick some ass too.
I would hate to be calling a fair and square player a speedhacker.