• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Parry mastery shield bash

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm at work so can't sit down and figure it out myself :(

Can someone detail how shield bash works? Does wrestle count as a weap skill with it? Do you need hit chance to use it?

Any detail would be great

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I'm at work so can't sit down and figure it out myself :(

Can someone detail how shield bash works? Does wrestle count as a weap skill with it? Do you need hit chance to use it?

Any detail would be great
Only need 120 parry and acts as a stun.

It's about the only mastery I am on using in pvp.

If you want more info PM me.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Shield Bash goes off when you land a successful melee hit, so yes, HCI helps land it. Shield Bash is basically a high damage Paralyzing Blow, but it can guarantee interrupt a spell cast (even through Protection) once every 10 seconds or so. Shield Bash consumes a lot of Mana though.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hit chance helps with it, you cast shield bash, and you have a short time to hit with it, it takes mana when casting and lasts based on parry & weapon skill.
proccing on a weapon hit OR a successful parry hit chance would be more beneficial imo than relying on a parry chance.

I'm not sure about wrestling counting as a weapon skill for this, but you'd beable to tell if the duration is too short it's 5 seconds with 120 swords/parry, if it's less than 5 seconds with wrestling you'll have your answer.