• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Parrots

Merth

Journeyman
i used to get them by the hundreds doing swoops. So many I would make piles for passerbys to grab. Since returning ive killed hundreds of swoops with none dropping. Have they been turned off as loot or am i just that unlucky?

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Unlucky, I think.
They don't drop as often now.
Someone on the Dev team isn't thinking enough about how many hours of grind are needed for getting things. See also Moonstone jewelry, leet pickaxes, etc.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've only seen 2 rare color parrots in all the years they spawned.

Back luck vs. lousy odds. :)

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I know you can still get them from Lady M
and I believe we got one from Irk this week...
I haven't done swoops in awhile, so not sure about the drop rate there now

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree, the drop rates have definitely dropped severely compared to a few years ago.

Merth

Journeyman
Ive been consistently killing between 20 and 50 a day for weeks now, running around 1700 luck and havent seen one yet

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Miasma still drops them, though less than usual. got 2 a couple of days ago.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've always gotten them from LadyM regularly...

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i used to get them by the hundreds doing swoops. So many I would make piles for passerbys to grab. Since returning ive killed hundreds of swoops with none dropping. Have they been turned off as loot or am i just that unlucky?
i just happened to remember reading this thread.
i was in working lockpicking on a toon, last couple points and i had my tamer there to watch over my lockpicker and if the swoop came near id kill them.
on about the 12th one i got a parrot.
remembered you asking so i thought id let you know that yes they still do spawn for sure!

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What are the point of the parrots? I have a box of em. *shrugs*

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
What are the point of the parrots? I have a box of em. *shrugs*
1) just deco and to keep us from continually asking for a "house pet"...

2) to cause massive lag to anyone passing your house with 100 parrots all over the place... (I know several people who have this and it's every bit as annoying as the houses using the bamboo flooring)...

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oooooo parrot people! Is there such thing as a white one? like bright white? I was wanting 1 but now I think 2. I do swoop a few hours as a time sometimes and I seem to get blue and red and blue and red and blue.....etc.

Thank you parrot heads. :)

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oooooo parrot people! Is there such thing as a white one? like bright white? I was wanting 1 but now I think 2. I do swoop a few hours as a time sometimes and I seem to get blue and red and blue and red and blue.....etc.

Thank you parrot heads. :)
There are no white ones. The Brightest one out would be a Blaze

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Believe it or not, I got 3 parrots in the same battle just a short time ago.

As I said before, I've never pulled a rare color!

Thanks to a little field trip the other day... I saw all the rare colors alive and well. Including an event parrot that was more rainbow color. Shame they dont spawn normally!

Amazing how some things have far better artwork before they get color… but thats just part of the system. :)

I have one of these parrots from the first few weeks of spawning. Thats the cool thing about them showing age. (So to speak). Without getting obnoxious with putting down DOZENS upon DOZENS of them… I believe, they show a small level of friendliness to passer's by... along with perhaps marking your area as being open to the public/welcoming. For me, having 6 houses in the same clearing… a name many know for the shop... I can put a few parrots on the edges that will never cost a coin or wonder away that will flag some attention. We dont need corner to corner vendors. Not like we can post a few NPCs around the outlines like guards. hehe. "Red & Purple Pixies Guard". THAT would be funny! Never see it happening.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah, I would rather have an ice blue than blaze. to me white is bright blaze is well.... hot...:D

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a note on parrot spawn. Tuesday's evening hunt... I got 4 common colored parrots, what shocked me... "in a single hunt".

Was killing Miasma. :)

I'm sure this is an easy record to break considering the farmers... but I'm talking just me, not farming day and night... or 10 hours a day.