• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Throwing] Paroxymus

• Thread starter longshanks
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
L

longshanks

im looking to see if anyone has had success keying and soloing the fat man.

if so is the whammy template or sammy template more desireable.

i've gone down there on two sammy's with healing and have done it no problem but have never attempted to solo.

thanks.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im looking to see if anyone has had success keying and soloing the fat man.

if so is the whammy template or sammy template more desireable.

i've gone down there on two sammy's with healing and have done it no problem but have never attempted to solo.

thanks.
I've done it with sampire but it was slow going. Something tells me whammy is better just for the curing aspect.

Bman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Got to love those 100% elemental Double axes!!

I spend hours burning through dull hammers making double axes just trying to get 100% elemental dmg weps.

Also make a lot of soul glaives for my thrower and Bladed staffs which I have found to work pretty well with my sampires.

Good thing theres a few vendors on my shard that sell packs of 40 hammers at a time!

L

longshanks

kk noob question here.

100 pct elemental double axe

does this mean elemental slayer and 100 pct cold damage?

or do u use elemental to refer to the damage type?

*bows head with humility*

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah damage type, i.e. [i think for proxy] 100% fire damage double axe.

Would be:
Double axe
HML
HSL
HLA
SSI
DI
100% fire damage [This is so you dont have to waste mana casting CW or get screwed when it runs out and you have no mana to cast again]

Thunderz

Bman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats a beauty of an axe! Got one that looks about just like that... only thing is mine is down to about 160 in durability... ;-(

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can use one of the focus gems on it when it gets real low and it will add brittle to it and also restore durability. I have not tried it in awhile, but it worked a few months ago.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can use one of the focus gems on it when it gets real low and it will add brittle to it and also restore durability. I have not tried it in awhile, but it worked a few months ago.
If that is true, excellent tip. I didn't know that.

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It needs to be verified as I have not tried in awhile and was not sure if it was a bug or not. If anyone can try and post results, that would be great.

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just tested it out. Looks like they fixed it. I used it on a wep that was 12/100 and it took it to 100/100. Before it would restore back to 255/255. Sorry for getting your hopes up.