• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Parataming once more

P

Prudentis

I went Greater Dragon taming yesterday, just for fun, with two newly met guys. One of them didn't know much about taming, so he attacked my tame and broke the attempts until told not to, than even paralyzed it.(don't know if he succeded)
He stopped, of course, after I told him it's a no-go to paralyze pets, because of the 4% additional skill loss.
But this made me think. One of the dragons I tamed, was a 3X Legendary with better resists than my stabled one, so I decided to keep it.
Now, since I didn't know, if he succeeded paralyzing it, I was asking myself, if the additional skill loss was only applied, if the dragon was paralyzed during the whole tame process, or even if the taming process was made after the paralyze wore off?
And another thing that made me thing was one sentence on uo.com:
<blockquote><hr>

Pets will also suffer an additional 4% skill loss if they are paralyzed during the taming process. While this means additional training time to get your pet back up to its full potential, it may be safer for some of the more dangerous creatures.

[/ QUOTE ]
Does that mean, that the .9 loss to max skills still applies and only the post tame skill value of *.72 is reduced to .68 ? That would only mean a longer training phase but not the reduction of the new max skill.

Does anyone know exactly if that is the case?

G

I'd avoid para taming anything which spawns with skills over GM. My understanding is that anything over GM which is lost during a para tame cannot be gained back after training.

That said the only pet I've para tamed is sacrificial cu sidhe when I'm working the spawn. So I can't say I've tested that understanding much

But to para a greater would require a lot of eval to hold it still, and even then, I think you'd find taming was still pretty challenging.

Wenchy